The K545 simply are to new to have lots of reviews. I am confident they will have a huge customer base over time. I like the last few posts, they all give good information, pay particular attention to shinbones comments about the Q701 being used straight from a portable player IT'S IMPORTANT!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 550tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productAKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 v AKG 551 v Sennheiser Momentum Last post on 5/2/14 at 11:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- looking for a pair of closed back headphones (over ear) for use out of the house up to a price... Last post on 11/6/13 at 1:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choosing Last post on 12/1/13 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
AKG new headphone K545? - Page 34
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I find it worrying though that the glue becomes softer with time, so with excessive use would they stop working.
How long would these last because I don't plan on replacing them any time soon.
I think you reading to much into his theory of driver burnin. While no one knows for sure how long this headphone will last in daily use (it's only a couple months old after all), I highly doubt it will fail easily. AKG has been making headphones for a long time and their products generally last for years and years.
Lukalop, I didn't mean to suggest the glue may fail soon.
For one, "glue getting softer" is just my guess. It is a common theory with guitar amplifier speakers, and that is why I mentioned it. There are a tons of vintage speakers (both hi-fi and guitar amps) still in service. Like anything with moving parts, components wear and loosen / soften with use. It is nothing out of ordinary. Once guitar amp speakers settle (once the glue gets softer from its initial stiffness), they are good for years and years of use, often under less than ideal conditions (gigs on hot days, cold nights, high humidity, accidental beer spillage, storage in non-air conditioned places, etc., etc).
And two: there are a lot of people who do not believe speakers change sound as they are used. I am pretty sure some people who read my post would argue I am only imagining it. You'll have to see for yourself.
K545 is very solid. Its build quality is very good. The way the cups stay where you put them is very assuring -- a lot of headphones do not do this. I am pretty sure they are very durable and reliable.
I think the question you should ask yourself is where you are going to use the headphones, and with what source.
Edited by Shinnbone - 12/11/13 at 11:00am
I listened to both last night and preferred the K545. It has more delicacy and refinement IMO.
UPS tracking page keeps lying ... hopefully I'll get the Sony delivered tomorrow.
Beagle, I see you have some headphones I've been considering. How do the K545, NAD HP50, Soundmagic HP100, and Sony MDR-7520 compare? I am specifically interested in on-the-go portable use.
Edited by Shinnbone - 12/11/13 at 4:12pm
Thanks Beagle, I thought that might be the case. I owned the 7520 very briefly and from memory thought the K545 would be better in those areas but direct A/B comparison is much better than going by memory.
Thats exactly what I was going to say but refrained since I don't have both. The 7520 has a lot going for it but the k545 had a softer smoother sound from what I remember.
Everything you said could be right. I just said smoother. I don't know if more refined is right or not but the 7520 is a sharp sounding headphone. Its not what you would call smooth or soft. It is very balanced and its bass has more detail than any hp I have ever heard(mayby not lcd2)
- AKG new headphone K545?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › Xonar dg, essence stx or creative sb z 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 5 minutes ago
- › WTBWTT Looking for HE-400 or SRH1440 7 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 7 minutes ago
- › REVIEW (more to come) - CEntrance DACport 24/96 USB DAC Amp 7 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)