The K545 simply are to new to have lots of reviews. I am confident they will have a huge customer base over time. I like the last few posts, they all give good information, pay particular attention to shinbones comments about the Q701 being used straight from a portable player IT'S IMPORTANT!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best setup for a trucker? Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K551 OR K550? Last post on 1/24/15 at 9:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- WANTED AKG K550, K551 and K7xx Last post on 5/18/15 at 4:10pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- How is K550 different from K545? Last post on 4/21/15 at 10:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help choosing my first "decent" over ear headphones? Last post on 9/15/14 at 1:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Dont let these tiny guys disappoint you by looks. Plug them in and you wont believe your ears. These are that good, It sounds like large over ear headphones. I have owned many earbuds like...
AKG new headphone K545? - Page 34
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I find it worrying though that the glue becomes softer with time, so with excessive use would they stop working.
How long would these last because I don't plan on replacing them any time soon.
I think you reading to much into his theory of driver burnin. While no one knows for sure how long this headphone will last in daily use (it's only a couple months old after all), I highly doubt it will fail easily. AKG has been making headphones for a long time and their products generally last for years and years.
Lukalop, I didn't mean to suggest the glue may fail soon.
For one, "glue getting softer" is just my guess. It is a common theory with guitar amplifier speakers, and that is why I mentioned it. There are a tons of vintage speakers (both hi-fi and guitar amps) still in service. Like anything with moving parts, components wear and loosen / soften with use. It is nothing out of ordinary. Once guitar amp speakers settle (once the glue gets softer from its initial stiffness), they are good for years and years of use, often under less than ideal conditions (gigs on hot days, cold nights, high humidity, accidental beer spillage, storage in non-air conditioned places, etc., etc).
And two: there are a lot of people who do not believe speakers change sound as they are used. I am pretty sure some people who read my post would argue I am only imagining it. You'll have to see for yourself.
K545 is very solid. Its build quality is very good. The way the cups stay where you put them is very assuring -- a lot of headphones do not do this. I am pretty sure they are very durable and reliable.
I think the question you should ask yourself is where you are going to use the headphones, and with what source.
Edited by Shinnbone - 12/11/13 at 11:00am
On a different note: I ordered a Sony MDR-7520. Would be interesting to see how it compares to the K545.
yeah let me know?!!?!?!? interested in that for real
I listened to both last night and preferred the K545. It has more delicacy and refinement IMO.
UPS tracking page keeps lying ... hopefully I'll get the Sony delivered tomorrow.
Beagle, I see you have some headphones I've been considering. How do the K545, NAD HP50, Soundmagic HP100, and Sony MDR-7520 compare? I am specifically interested in on-the-go portable use.
Edited by Shinnbone - 12/11/13 at 4:12pm
Thanks Beagle, I thought that might be the case. I owned the 7520 very briefly and from memory thought the K545 would be better in those areas but direct A/B comparison is much better than going by memory.
Thats exactly what I was going to say but refrained since I don't have both. The 7520 has a lot going for it but the k545 had a softer smoother sound from what I remember.
Everything you said could be right. I just said smoother. I don't know if more refined is right or not but the 7520 is a sharp sounding headphone. Its not what you would call smooth or soft. It is very balanced and its bass has more detail than any hp I have ever heard(mayby not lcd2)
- AKG new headphone K545?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › New Audio Technica Woodies: ATH-W1000Z announced 6 minutes ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 7 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 8 minutes ago
- › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! 10 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 15 minutes ago
- › Review of Little-Dot MKIVse 15 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 17 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Courageousbo
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2