- 283 Posts. Joined 12/2013
- Location: London
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 550tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productAKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 v AKG 551 v Sennheiser Momentum Last post on 5/2/14 at 11:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- looking for a pair of closed back headphones (over ear) for use out of the house up to a price... Last post on 11/6/13 at 1:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choosing Last post on 12/1/13 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
AKG new headphone K545? - Page 31
Gear mentioned in this thread:
In regards to sound stage the AKG Q701 has an amazing sound stage and is well worth it's price. The K545 in comparison only has a "average to great" sound stage. I do believe the K545 will be better than most gaming headphones though.
If you want HD800 levels though, pull out your wallet as the HP is $1500 and needs close to that for an amp.
Can anyone explain to me what resonance is as I can't seen to find the meaning anywhere. I ask because in a review or a different set of headphones they referred to the term resonance, so what is the resonance like of the K545.
Also you said the K701 had great soundstage. What about the K545's imaging or is imaging just an acronym for soundstage.
Do you find that too much soundstage is bad or the wider soundstage the better? Thanks again for the feedback.
It is much appreciated! ;O
Please reread a couple responses already posted to in regards to imaging versus sound stage as I believe they already answer this question.
The Q701 has a wider sound stage than the K545. I think they are both equally adept at imaging. The only difference is that the Q701 will have more distance between sounds.
ok i bit the bullet and brought the dragonfly. i got the older model at best buy. i didnt know if the newer dragon fly is worth it. help me answer these questions i was thinking about.
1)is the newer dragon fly better? should have i gotten it or am i ok with the older model i got at best buy.
2)the dragon fly is a dac i know and im using with my soon to be here from delivery akg k545. do i need an amp as well or no i be ok without an amp and just use the dragonfly to the k545 and it be powered ok.
3)can i use the k545 with my andrioid phone and ipod player as well without an amp since i cant use the dragonfly with it and it will sound good and still power well.
thanks for all the help!!
I do not have any headphones currently, but I have apple EarPods. And Motorola s9 which are wireless but not headphones, just earbuds that are wireless. I used to have an AKG K506 AFC wireless TV headphones.
How do the K545 compare to the ATH-M50 in terms of bass and soundstage?
Edited by Lukalop - 12/10/13 at 4:43am
OK I am going to make a suggestion. Based on your current equipment most of the mid tier equipment your looking at will be immensely better so just decide on a headphone and go for it. Having said I also suggest you get something with a bit of bass in it because your current equipment has boosted bass and if you change the signature to dramatically you might find yourself struggling to enjoy the new headphone. So go K545 or M50 vs a K550/Q701 route. I still think the K545 will give you tremendous audio feast that will keep you satisfied for a long time but anything with less bass potentially won't.
Definitely getting them for Xmas but May wait for a price drop. Btw, how many pairs of headphone do you own?
Is an impedance of 32 ohms good to be used with just an iphone? I don't think I will buy an amp/dac until later down the line.
I don't understand why people use amps with headphones or dac's because surely the sound file is the exact same so what is the point?
Edited by Lukalop - 12/10/13 at 5:22am
Order of importance, good headphone, good amp, good DAC, cables and interconnects. But you should always start with a good headphone. The only time you need to consider your amp at the same time is if the headphone needs a lot of juice to work correctly. The HD800 is an example of a headphone needing the right amp. The K545 on the and is an excellent starter headphone because it does not need an amp but will scale up when you can afford one.
I have owned over 25 headphones and about 40 IEM's...
I wouldn't expect to see the price drop any time soon. 249 at best buy and the akg website is a great price already. Amps definitely improve headphones. Especially in the bass department where eq bass distorts hardwar amplification improves it
- AKG new headphone K545?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 seconds ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 seconds ago
- › PRESS RELEASE: Sennheiser at IFA 2014 - The Future of Audio 26 seconds ago
- › Almost Brand New Sophia Princess 274B Mesh Plate 52 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 3 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 4 minutes ago
- › Best Equalizer Settings for Classical Music? 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Earsonics SM64 V2 | Located in Canada [PRICE DROP] 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)