- 283 Posts. Joined 12/2013
- Location: London
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 550tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productAKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 v AKG 551 v Sennheiser Momentum Last post on 5/2/14 at 11:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- looking for a pair of closed back headphones (over ear) for use out of the house up to a price... Last post on 11/6/13 at 1:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choosing Last post on 12/1/13 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
AKG new headphone K545? - Page 31
Gear mentioned in this thread:
In regards to sound stage the AKG Q701 has an amazing sound stage and is well worth it's price. The K545 in comparison only has a "average to great" sound stage. I do believe the K545 will be better than most gaming headphones though.
If you want HD800 levels though, pull out your wallet as the HP is $1500 and needs close to that for an amp.
Can anyone explain to me what resonance is as I can't seen to find the meaning anywhere. I ask because in a review or a different set of headphones they referred to the term resonance, so what is the resonance like of the K545.
Also you said the K701 had great soundstage. What about the K545's imaging or is imaging just an acronym for soundstage.
Do you find that too much soundstage is bad or the wider soundstage the better? Thanks again for the feedback.
It is much appreciated! ;O
Please reread a couple responses already posted to in regards to imaging versus sound stage as I believe they already answer this question.
The Q701 has a wider sound stage than the K545. I think they are both equally adept at imaging. The only difference is that the Q701 will have more distance between sounds.
ok i bit the bullet and brought the dragonfly. i got the older model at best buy. i didnt know if the newer dragon fly is worth it. help me answer these questions i was thinking about.
1)is the newer dragon fly better? should have i gotten it or am i ok with the older model i got at best buy.
2)the dragon fly is a dac i know and im using with my soon to be here from delivery akg k545. do i need an amp as well or no i be ok without an amp and just use the dragonfly to the k545 and it be powered ok.
3)can i use the k545 with my andrioid phone and ipod player as well without an amp since i cant use the dragonfly with it and it will sound good and still power well.
thanks for all the help!!
I do not have any headphones currently, but I have apple EarPods. And Motorola s9 which are wireless but not headphones, just earbuds that are wireless. I used to have an AKG K506 AFC wireless TV headphones.
How do the K545 compare to the ATH-M50 in terms of bass and soundstage?
Edited by Lukalop - 12/10/13 at 4:43am
OK I am going to make a suggestion. Based on your current equipment most of the mid tier equipment your looking at will be immensely better so just decide on a headphone and go for it. Having said I also suggest you get something with a bit of bass in it because your current equipment has boosted bass and if you change the signature to dramatically you might find yourself struggling to enjoy the new headphone. So go K545 or M50 vs a K550/Q701 route. I still think the K545 will give you tremendous audio feast that will keep you satisfied for a long time but anything with less bass potentially won't.
Definitely getting them for Xmas but May wait for a price drop. Btw, how many pairs of headphone do you own?
Is an impedance of 32 ohms good to be used with just an iphone? I don't think I will buy an amp/dac until later down the line.
I don't understand why people use amps with headphones or dac's because surely the sound file is the exact same so what is the point?
Edited by Lukalop - 12/10/13 at 5:22am
Order of importance, good headphone, good amp, good DAC, cables and interconnects. But you should always start with a good headphone. The only time you need to consider your amp at the same time is if the headphone needs a lot of juice to work correctly. The HD800 is an example of a headphone needing the right amp. The K545 on the and is an excellent starter headphone because it does not need an amp but will scale up when you can afford one.
I have owned over 25 headphones and about 40 IEM's...
I wouldn't expect to see the price drop any time soon. 249 at best buy and the akg website is a great price already. Amps definitely improve headphones. Especially in the bass department where eq bass distorts hardwar amplification improves it
- AKG new headphone K545?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 9 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 32 seconds ago
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 59 seconds ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 1 minute ago
- › ath m50x or beats solo2 ? 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › k1000 owners club 4 minutes ago
- › The Everything MOD Gallery! 5 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)