- 283 Posts. Joined 12/2013
- Location: London
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 550tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productAKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 v AKG 551 v Sennheiser Momentum Last post on 5/2/14 at 11:44am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- looking for a pair of closed back headphones (over ear) for use out of the house up to a price... Last post on 11/6/13 at 1:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choosing Last post on 12/1/13 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone advice Last post on 12/19/12 at 5:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
AKG new headphone K545? - Page 31
Gear mentioned in this thread:
In regards to sound stage the AKG Q701 has an amazing sound stage and is well worth it's price. The K545 in comparison only has a "average to great" sound stage. I do believe the K545 will be better than most gaming headphones though.
If you want HD800 levels though, pull out your wallet as the HP is $1500 and needs close to that for an amp.
Nothing spectacular under that price comparable to the hd800, you can try a used akg 712 or he400. Neither of them portable.
I would stick with the k545
Can anyone explain to me what resonance is as I can't seen to find the meaning anywhere. I ask because in a review or a different set of headphones they referred to the term resonance, so what is the resonance like of the K545.
Also you said the K701 had great soundstage. What about the K545's imaging or is imaging just an acronym for soundstage.
Do you find that too much soundstage is bad or the wider soundstage the better? Thanks again for the feedback.
It is much appreciated! ;O
Please reread a couple responses already posted to in regards to imaging versus sound stage as I believe they already answer this question.
The Q701 has a wider sound stage than the K545. I think they are both equally adept at imaging. The only difference is that the Q701 will have more distance between sounds.
ok i bit the bullet and brought the dragonfly. i got the older model at best buy. i didnt know if the newer dragon fly is worth it. help me answer these questions i was thinking about.
1)is the newer dragon fly better? should have i gotten it or am i ok with the older model i got at best buy.
2)the dragon fly is a dac i know and im using with my soon to be here from delivery akg k545. do i need an amp as well or no i be ok without an amp and just use the dragonfly to the k545 and it be powered ok.
3)can i use the k545 with my andrioid phone and ipod player as well without an amp since i cant use the dragonfly with it and it will sound good and still power well.
thanks for all the help!!
I do not have any headphones currently, but I have apple EarPods. And Motorola s9 which are wireless but not headphones, just earbuds that are wireless. I used to have an AKG K506 AFC wireless TV headphones.
How do the K545 compare to the ATH-M50 in terms of bass and soundstage?
Edited by Lukalop - 12/10/13 at 4:43am
OK I am going to make a suggestion. Based on your current equipment most of the mid tier equipment your looking at will be immensely better so just decide on a headphone and go for it. Having said I also suggest you get something with a bit of bass in it because your current equipment has boosted bass and if you change the signature to dramatically you might find yourself struggling to enjoy the new headphone. So go K545 or M50 vs a K550/Q701 route. I still think the K545 will give you tremendous audio feast that will keep you satisfied for a long time but anything with less bass potentially won't.
Definitely getting them for Xmas but May wait for a price drop. Btw, how many pairs of headphone do you own?
Is an impedance of 32 ohms good to be used with just an iphone? I don't think I will buy an amp/dac until later down the line.
I don't understand why people use amps with headphones or dac's because surely the sound file is the exact same so what is the point?
Edited by Lukalop - 12/10/13 at 5:22am
Order of importance, good headphone, good amp, good DAC, cables and interconnects. But you should always start with a good headphone. The only time you need to consider your amp at the same time is if the headphone needs a lot of juice to work correctly. The HD800 is an example of a headphone needing the right amp. The K545 on the and is an excellent starter headphone because it does not need an amp but will scale up when you can afford one.
I have owned over 25 headphones and about 40 IEM's...
I wouldn't expect to see the price drop any time soon. 249 at best buy and the akg website is a great price already. Amps definitely improve headphones. Especially in the bass department where eq bass distorts hardwar amplification improves it
- AKG new headphone K545?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 11 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 11 seconds ago
- › Mouse -Fi 57 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 2 minutes ago
- › In favor of double ES9018M2K or single ES9018? 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 2 minutes ago
- › Chrome bug on private messages 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)