Anyone know of a circular replacement pad that is as similar to stock as possible?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K545 Portable Over Ear Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 11/13/14
- productAKG K 550tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productAKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productDenon AH-C551K In-Ear Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 11/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- Best setup for a trucker? Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help choosing my first "decent" over ear headphones? Last post on 9/15/14 at 1:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AKG K550 v K545 Soundstage & Spatial detail Last post on 7/9/14 at 6:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- [REVIEW] Sony MDR-1R: the best < $199 headphones available Last post on 7/5/14 at 4:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550s broke and AKG wants to replace them with K545s, now what? Last post on 6/19/14 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Integrated amplifiers. We all know what they are, right? The classic definition involves having a power amplifier and a preamplifier integrated into the same chassis. Hence the name. It...
Will keep this review short but these are my impressions after a week of listening to a range of FLAC and a few HD files of every main genre of music: Sources used: FiiO X5 Sony...
Take the well received Akg K545, and add 50 dollars for a mic, amp, nfc, battery and Bluetooth capability. Is it worth it? TLDR, if you don’t have an amp and/or want bluetooth, put this in your top...
This is my first review here. Previously owned Beyerdynamic DT 770 , Audio-Technica m20, Sennheiser Momentum on-ear. Stil have a pair of AKG k450. I exchanged Sennheiser Momentum on-ear for those...
Let’s get started :- BRAINWAVZ S0: Hitting the sweet spot This time round, BRAINWAVZ have a new earphone and it seems to be a subordinate of the S5. It seems like the folks over...
AKG new headphone K545? - Page 103
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There are photos of two types of HM5 pads posted in this thread, and also Sennheiser HD280 pads which are even better than HM5 pads for sound but a possible downgrade in comfort depending on the user. I also recommend Shure SRH750 earpads.
The thicker, memory foam version of the HM5 pads (no photo of it in the thread) gives a warmer presentation versus the regular HM5 pads and HD280 pads.
I've been using the HM5 pads (regular) for about a year now. They work great. The Shure 840 pads I had didn't fit -- wouldn't stay on. I'm curious about the thicker HM5 pads and the velour ones too, but the regular ones are plenty comfortable to me on the K545.
What mod is this? I have found mine are quite comfortable stock, but the 551s are slightly more comfortable although less portable.
Looks interesting though. does it add a bit of "ear room"?
CAL! 2 << K545, and undoubtedly, T70p >>>>>> K545 if T70 really is a closed T90 much as DT770 is a closed DT990/880.
If you can go for T70p and do not mind the huge size for a "portable", then do not hesitate. If not, K545 would be the next best thing from those three, and for someone on a tight budget there's the CAL!2.
Do you think it increases or decreases the volume inside the cups? it seems as though it would be increasing the volume which should lead to a slight drop in bass IIRC. My ears seem to stick out farther than average so they barely touch on all of my over ears, not really a problem though.
When you take off the earpads of the K545, you'll notice a gap around the edge. Just feed the earcup ridge into the groove and spin it around the earcup until it's completely fitted on.
Thanks, mange to get one side in easily but the gap on the other side seem to more inward, it wouldn't slide even if I get it in. any idea ?
You probably didn't put into the gap right or you are not avoiding the gap's corners well enough.
- AKG new headphone K545?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 4 minutes ago
- › Fidue A71 Dual Dynamic - Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 8 minutes ago
- › Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) 9 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 9 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by cs098
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by bodopopa
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by suman134
- › VSONIC GR07 by nikhilthecupid
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by mlthelasher
- › Takstar TS-671 by paal0
- › Geben iDA-1 Portable Amp/DAC for iDevices by JoeDoe
- › Fischer Audio Consonance V2 by fonzler
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)