Anyone know of a circular replacement pad that is as similar to stock as possible?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K545 Portable Over Ear Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 11/13/14
- productAKG K 550tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productAKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productDenon AH-C551K In-Ear Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 11/13/14
Related Forum Threads
- Best setup for a trucker? Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help choosing my first "decent" over ear headphones? Last post on 9/15/14 at 1:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AKG K550 v K545 Soundstage & Spatial detail Last post on 7/9/14 at 6:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- [REVIEW] Sony MDR-1R: the best < $199 headphones available Last post on 7/5/14 at 4:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550s broke and AKG wants to replace them with K545s, now what? Last post on 6/19/14 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
AKG new headphone K545? - Page 103
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There are photos of two types of HM5 pads posted in this thread, and also Sennheiser HD280 pads which are even better than HM5 pads for sound but a possible downgrade in comfort depending on the user. I also recommend Shure SRH750 earpads.
The thicker, memory foam version of the HM5 pads (no photo of it in the thread) gives a warmer presentation versus the regular HM5 pads and HD280 pads.
I've been using the HM5 pads (regular) for about a year now. They work great. The Shure 840 pads I had didn't fit -- wouldn't stay on. I'm curious about the thicker HM5 pads and the velour ones too, but the regular ones are plenty comfortable to me on the K545.
What mod is this? I have found mine are quite comfortable stock, but the 551s are slightly more comfortable although less portable.
Looks interesting though. does it add a bit of "ear room"?
CAL! 2 << K545, and undoubtedly, T70p >>>>>> K545 if T70 really is a closed T90 much as DT770 is a closed DT990/880.
If you can go for T70p and do not mind the huge size for a "portable", then do not hesitate. If not, K545 would be the next best thing from those three, and for someone on a tight budget there's the CAL!2.
Do you think it increases or decreases the volume inside the cups? it seems as though it would be increasing the volume which should lead to a slight drop in bass IIRC. My ears seem to stick out farther than average so they barely touch on all of my over ears, not really a problem though.
When you take off the earpads of the K545, you'll notice a gap around the edge. Just feed the earcup ridge into the groove and spin it around the earcup until it's completely fitted on.
Thanks, mange to get one side in easily but the gap on the other side seem to more inward, it wouldn't slide even if I get it in. any idea ?
You probably didn't put into the gap right or you are not avoiding the gap's corners well enough.
- AKG new headphone K545?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games) 10 seconds ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 21 seconds ago
- › Germanium's Sound blaster ZXR mod thread 23 seconds ago
- › Heir 8.A vs UM Merlin: Urgent Advice 24 seconds ago
- › "Save my ears!" - For Home & Travel - For... 45 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)