Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Stylish headphones for on the go, Suggestions ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stylish headphones for on the go, Suggestions ?

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

Hello, I'm currently looking for some headphones for every day use and on the go.

 

I'll use the headphones mostly for my iPod while travellig by train/bus and while I'm working on my laptop. So a small/normal size cable and small/normal size on or over ear cups without sound leakage would be a big plus.

 

Here are a few examples of headphones which I liked ( style )

 

AKG K430-450

AKG K619.

Urbanears:Zinken.

Urbanears:Platten.

 

The Reviews of the Urbanears aren't very good, especially when it comes to Rock music, but I do dig the clean simplistic style. ( less flashy = better )

 

I hoping you guys have some suggestions for a nice pair of everyday headphones since I do not know very much about headphones to begin with.

Price range: 50-120 Euro's.

Music: mostly Classic/modern Rock/metal.

 

post #2 of 12

Where exactly do you live? you could get better deals from other users...


Edited by squallkiercosa - 7/2/13 at 10:52am
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 

The Netherlands ;) , I figured this forum was the best place to ask for advice since it is focussed on headphones.

post #4 of 12
A metaler need a black headphone, so I suggest the tech looking and good sounding Sennheiser 25-1-MKII.

A bit higher than your budget, but an investment for the ages. Used by pros everywhere.
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev13wt View Post

A metaler need a black headphone, so I suggest the tech looking and good sounding Sennheiser 25-1-MKII.

A bit higher than your budget, but an investment for the ages. Used by pros everywhere.

Agreed - also you can sometimes get them used for as little as half the RRP, so it's not a bad idea at all.

post #6 of 12
I love how the HD 598's look, but they may not be suitable due to their "open" design.
post #7 of 12

+1 on the Sennheiser HD23 1ii.

Even more stylish IMO is its newer incarnation the Senn Amperior.

The V Moda M80 is a sharp looking, good sounding set as well

at a lower price point (than the Amperior).

post #8 of 12
Or wait 4 days and get the brand new senn 26 Pro. I've heard it for 10 tracks and directly compared it to the 25s. I feel they are a refined and "expensive" looking upgrade to the 25s, they sound slightly cleaner and have a bit more highs than the 25s.

smily_headphones1.gif
post #9 of 12

The audio technica ES10 looks quite nice.

post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev13wt View Post

Or wait 4 days and get the brand new senn 26 Pro. I've heard it for 10 tracks and directly compared it to the 25s. I feel they are a refined and "expensive" looking upgrade to the 25s, they sound slightly cleaner and have a bit more highs than the 25s.

smily_headphones1.gif

 

Do you know which retailers will have them available for sale in 4 days?

They sure seem very interesting...

post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazex View Post

 

Do you know which retailers will have them available for sale in 4 days?

They sure seem very interesting...

http://www.thomann.de/de/sennheiser_hd_26_pro.htm

 

This German website (probably the biggest audio seller in Europe) has had them for a few days already.

post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 

What about the Sennheiser PX and MM series ? such as the PX 210 BT , MM 400, PXC 360 BT ?
they are more expensive, but are they any good ? As for the Sennheiser HD 26's , can you clamp those two headbands together ? ( I prefer 1 headband )and what about those AKG's i've mentioned ? The AKG K619 and K430?


Edited by Erasius - 7/3/13 at 3:38am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Stylish headphones for on the go, Suggestions ?