Hey guys! This is my first time posting on here because i seek professional advice :) Im looking for headphones that are over ears under $300. Before i get into specifics, i just wanted to say that i listen to Dance, Electronic house music so not very much guitar or instruments in what i listen to! Anyways theres a few things i was hoping you guys could help me with. Im looking for those types of headphones but i would like to ask, can i have a range of headphones going from 60-280 dollar headphones and not just $299 headphones? Hell, i dont even think ill make it to $250 dollars, but i just would like to see what you guys say. And could you guys give also a large selection so i know what will fit me? I went on CNET for the Best Headphones for under 300 and some were right up to 300 and i honestly dont think ill be getting those. I also would like to know what headphones would be best for the type of music i listen to. So, all in all, the perfect headphones for me would probably be $170 headphones that "match" or work with my music. If its $230, i think ill be able to expand. Thanks Guys!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
- productSennheiser HD 26 Protagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
Related Forum Threads
- Wondering which headphones to buy Last post on 6/2/11 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Full size and lightweight headphones specific use Last post on 1/22/14 at 3:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Great gear-comparing YouTube channel Last post on 9/21/13 at 1:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend Headphones for travel? Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones for iPhone? Last post on 6/24/13 at 6:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Yesterday
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
Signature Acoustics C-12: The Elemental Underdog Woodies Company Background Audiophiles love music, especially when played from high quality audio products that contain several different...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank SoundMagic for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. If you live in US, they are currently available at a...
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
Best Over Ear Headphones for Under $300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 77/1/13 at 2:25pmAre you a basshead??
If yes,then go with sony mdr-xb series....
I'hv heard tat mdr-xb500 is preey gud!
If u like clean music,with just sufficient amount of bass,well seperated music,then go with pioneer hdj-2000(i own them myself)!
Buh make sure to use an amp with pioneer's!
I hope it helped!post #3 of 77/1/13 at 2:39pmThread Starter
Hmm ok thanks. I was looking at either M50's or HD 598. Are those good as well? Am i going in the right direction. And no, im not a basshead, but, i prefer the bass to be there. I wouldnt want to much but i dont want it to be non existenent!post #4 of 77/1/13 at 2:43pmpost #5 of 77/1/13 at 2:52pm
What's your source? Do have or are you planning to get a headphone amp? Do you want portable or is your listening going to be stationary?
Studio use too or just audiophile listening?post #6 of 77/1/13 at 5:11pmThread Starterpost #7 of 77/1/13 at 6:30pmQuote:
So, closed headhones so you don't hear other people and they need to be sort of portable.
So, big, over ear are pretty much out I guess? Else I'd suggest the Beyerdynamic 770s 250 Ohm version, or 600 Ohm with amp.
What I've heard and liked in the category is: Sennheiser HD 25-1-MK II, Sennheiser HD-26 Pro (out next month) and Beyerdynamic DT-1350. Cleanest and best bass probably on the Beyers. The 26 have more treble than the 25s and look a bit sleeker.
I have the 25s and the Beyers and have preordered the 26.
- Best Over Ear Headphones for Under $300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 31 seconds ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 3 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 Dac -LIKE NEW Condition 5 minutes ago
- › Chicago Head-Fi Meet - August 8th 12:00 to 7:00 pm at Tweak Studio 5 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)