Hey guys! This is my first time posting on here because i seek professional advice :) Im looking for headphones that are over ears under $300. Before i get into specifics, i just wanted to say that i listen to Dance, Electronic house music so not very much guitar or instruments in what i listen to! Anyways theres a few things i was hoping you guys could help me with. Im looking for those types of headphones but i would like to ask, can i have a range of headphones going from 60-280 dollar headphones and not just $299 headphones? Hell, i dont even think ill make it to $250 dollars, but i just would like to see what you guys say. And could you guys give also a large selection so i know what will fit me? I went on CNET for the Best Headphones for under 300 and some were right up to 300 and i honestly dont think ill be getting those. I also would like to know what headphones would be best for the type of music i listen to. So, all in all, the perfect headphones for me would probably be $170 headphones that "match" or work with my music. If its $230, i think ill be able to expand. Thanks Guys!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
- productSennheiser HD 26 Protagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
Related Forum Threads
- Wondering which headphones to buy Last post on 6/2/11 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Full size and lightweight headphones specific use Last post on 1/22/14 at 3:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Great gear-comparing YouTube channel Last post on 9/21/13 at 1:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend Headphones for travel? Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones for iPhone? Last post on 6/24/13 at 6:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
Best Over Ear Headphones for Under $300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 77/1/13 at 2:25pmAre you a basshead??
If yes,then go with sony mdr-xb series....
I'hv heard tat mdr-xb500 is preey gud!
If u like clean music,with just sufficient amount of bass,well seperated music,then go with pioneer hdj-2000(i own them myself)!
Buh make sure to use an amp with pioneer's!
I hope it helped!post #3 of 77/1/13 at 2:39pmThread Starter
Hmm ok thanks. I was looking at either M50's or HD 598. Are those good as well? Am i going in the right direction. And no, im not a basshead, but, i prefer the bass to be there. I wouldnt want to much but i dont want it to be non existenent!post #4 of 77/1/13 at 2:43pmpost #5 of 77/1/13 at 2:52pm
What's your source? Do have or are you planning to get a headphone amp? Do you want portable or is your listening going to be stationary?
Studio use too or just audiophile listening?post #6 of 77/1/13 at 5:11pmThread Starterpost #7 of 77/1/13 at 6:30pmQuote:
So, closed headhones so you don't hear other people and they need to be sort of portable.
So, big, over ear are pretty much out I guess? Else I'd suggest the Beyerdynamic 770s 250 Ohm version, or 600 Ohm with amp.
What I've heard and liked in the category is: Sennheiser HD 25-1-MK II, Sennheiser HD-26 Pro (out next month) and Beyerdynamic DT-1350. Cleanest and best bass probably on the Beyers. The 26 have more treble than the 25s and look a bit sleeker.
I have the 25s and the Beyers and have preordered the 26.
- Best Over Ear Headphones for Under $300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › AKG k550 alternate ear pads? 1 minute ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit SYS Passive Preamp 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 7 minutes ago
- › Oriolus Hybrid IEM 7 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 9 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 10 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 10 minutes ago
- › Price Dropped LCD-3F 10 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...