Hey guys! This is my first time posting on here because i seek professional advice :) Im looking for headphones that are over ears under $300. Before i get into specifics, i just wanted to say that i listen to Dance, Electronic house music so not very much guitar or instruments in what i listen to! Anyways theres a few things i was hoping you guys could help me with. Im looking for those types of headphones but i would like to ask, can i have a range of headphones going from 60-280 dollar headphones and not just $299 headphones? Hell, i dont even think ill make it to $250 dollars, but i just would like to see what you guys say. And could you guys give also a large selection so i know what will fit me? I went on CNET for the Best Headphones for under 300 and some were right up to 300 and i honestly dont think ill be getting those. I also would like to know what headphones would be best for the type of music i listen to. So, all in all, the perfect headphones for me would probably be $170 headphones that "match" or work with my music. If its $230, i think ill be able to expand. Thanks Guys!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
- productSennheiser HD 26 Protagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
Related Forum Threads
- Wondering which headphones to buy Last post on 6/2/11 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Full size and lightweight headphones specific use Last post on 1/22/14 at 3:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Great gear-comparing YouTube channel Last post on 9/21/13 at 1:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend Headphones for travel? Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones for iPhone? Last post on 6/24/13 at 6:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
It might be one of your favorite cans if you pay an intense listen to them for a few hours. Really its a steal while you might get it for 60ish or 80ish. I got mine for 75 ish. I still wonder why...
The MEE Audio RX18P was sent to me from MEE Audio with the intention to compare it to some of the most popular Chinese budget offerings and let Mike know the result of my findings. The ida was not...
In the audio world, nobody can say we don’t have a tonne of choice available to us. Some audition gear with slight differences to find the piece that truly stands out to them. This...
A good sounding inexpensive product. As of my late work has pushed me to have to work at many hours at once on writing Visual Novels, I began asking myself if there is a buds solution that...
I just sell my Yamaha EPH-100, so before I forget how they sound I will write a little review here. My attempt for this micro driver earphones was BIG, especially because of the praise I found...
Best Over Ear Headphones for Under $300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 77/1/13 at 2:25pmAre you a basshead??
If yes,then go with sony mdr-xb series....
I'hv heard tat mdr-xb500 is preey gud!
If u like clean music,with just sufficient amount of bass,well seperated music,then go with pioneer hdj-2000(i own them myself)!
Buh make sure to use an amp with pioneer's!
I hope it helped!post #3 of 77/1/13 at 2:39pmThread Starter
Hmm ok thanks. I was looking at either M50's or HD 598. Are those good as well? Am i going in the right direction. And no, im not a basshead, but, i prefer the bass to be there. I wouldnt want to much but i dont want it to be non existenent!post #4 of 77/1/13 at 2:43pmpost #5 of 77/1/13 at 2:52pm
What's your source? Do have or are you planning to get a headphone amp? Do you want portable or is your listening going to be stationary?
Studio use too or just audiophile listening?post #6 of 77/1/13 at 5:11pmThread Starterpost #7 of 77/1/13 at 6:30pmQuote:
So, closed headhones so you don't hear other people and they need to be sort of portable.
So, big, over ear are pretty much out I guess? Else I'd suggest the Beyerdynamic 770s 250 Ohm version, or 600 Ohm with amp.
What I've heard and liked in the category is: Sennheiser HD 25-1-MK II, Sennheiser HD-26 Pro (out next month) and Beyerdynamic DT-1350. Cleanest and best bass probably on the Beyers. The 26 have more treble than the 25s and look a bit sleeker.
I have the 25s and the Beyers and have preordered the 26.
- Best Over Ear Headphones for Under $300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 48 seconds ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 2 minutes ago
- › DC-Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, February 27, 2016 -- Impressions... 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 4 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 6 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 7 minutes ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 8 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 10 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 10 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 12 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse