Hey guys! This is my first time posting on here because i seek professional advice :) Im looking for headphones that are over ears under $300. Before i get into specifics, i just wanted to say that i listen to Dance, Electronic house music so not very much guitar or instruments in what i listen to! Anyways theres a few things i was hoping you guys could help me with. Im looking for those types of headphones but i would like to ask, can i have a range of headphones going from 60-280 dollar headphones and not just $299 headphones? Hell, i dont even think ill make it to $250 dollars, but i just would like to see what you guys say. And could you guys give also a large selection so i know what will fit me? I went on CNET for the Best Headphones for under 300 and some were right up to 300 and i honestly dont think ill be getting those. I also would like to know what headphones would be best for the type of music i listen to. So, all in all, the perfect headphones for me would probably be $170 headphones that "match" or work with my music. If its $230, i think ill be able to expand. Thanks Guys!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
- productSennheiser HD 26 Protagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/17/14
Related Forum Threads
- Wondering which headphones to buy Last post on 6/2/11 at 11:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Full size and lightweight headphones specific use Last post on 1/22/14 at 3:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Great gear-comparing YouTube channel Last post on 9/21/13 at 1:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend Headphones for travel? Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones for iPhone? Last post on 6/24/13 at 6:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Best Over Ear Headphones for Under $300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If yes,then go with sony mdr-xb series....
I'hv heard tat mdr-xb500 is preey gud!
If u like clean music,with just sufficient amount of bass,well seperated music,then go with pioneer hdj-2000(i own them myself)!
Buh make sure to use an amp with pioneer's!
I hope it helped!
Hmm ok thanks. I was looking at either M50's or HD 598. Are those good as well? Am i going in the right direction. And no, im not a basshead, but, i prefer the bass to be there. I wouldnt want to much but i dont want it to be non existenent!
What's your source? Do have or are you planning to get a headphone amp? Do you want portable or is your listening going to be stationary?
Studio use too or just audiophile listening?
So, closed headhones so you don't hear other people and they need to be sort of portable.
So, big, over ear are pretty much out I guess? Else I'd suggest the Beyerdynamic 770s 250 Ohm version, or 600 Ohm with amp.
What I've heard and liked in the category is: Sennheiser HD 25-1-MK II, Sennheiser HD-26 Pro (out next month) and Beyerdynamic DT-1350. Cleanest and best bass probably on the Beyers. The 26 have more treble than the 25s and look a bit sleeker.
I have the 25s and the Beyers and have preordered the 26.
- Best Over Ear Headphones for Under $300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 25 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 35 seconds ago
- › Which high end headphone would you buy at these given prices: 46 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 2 minutes ago
- › 2015 Tokyo Fujiya Avic Spring Headphone Festival Report 2 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 3 minutes ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 4 minutes ago
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Luckbad
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by The Plaidypus
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2