I'm in the market for a new pair of headphones, and frankly, i know next to nothing about headphones.
I'm looking to spend (at most) $300 (preferably around $150 or less). I would like a really good pair that can produce solid sound (especially lows). Also, portability is a bit of an issue, albeit not a deciding factor since i can always manage...So, maybe a few headphones that are portable and some that aren't and i'll try and work something out...
What i want: (list form)
- Budget: $300 (preferable around $150)
- Preferably portable (not critical, so a few portable/non-portable choices)
- Solid performance especially in the lows.
- Main purpose: Music (pretty much everything--Mainly Rock, a little Rap, Acoustic, Hip Hop)
- Comfortable to wear for long stretches (up to 20 hours)
Personally i like to figure things out on my own, compare, search, and truly understand whatever it is that i'm researching, headphones, however are one of the few things i just can't figure out (unfortunately). So what I've come up with so far (with the bit of research i've done), is that i should probably be looking at the following brands: Sennheiser, Audio-Technica, Shure, AKG, (V Moda, a friend said they were good, although everywhere i looked tended to say they were like Beats--overpriced "designer" headphones).
Current List: (I didn't do any actual pricing yet, just grabbed the prices off the manufacturers website to get a general idea)
- VModa M100--$300
- Beyerdynamic DT1350--$230 (On-Ear)
- Beyerdynamic DT770 (80 ohm)--$230
- Sony MDR7506--$80
- M-Audio Studiophile Q40--$130
- Bowers and Wilkins P5--$300
- Bowers and Wilkins P3--$200
- Sennheiser HD25-1ii--$200
Ultimately i'll try to go to a local store to try out the pair/s before making a purchase, but as of now, my list consists of 20~ headphones, which is just too many to try on, so i'd like to narrow it down to like 5 and go from there.
Edited by djd97 - 7/1/13 at 10:24am