Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Fischer Audio FA-011 Limited Edition owners and appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fischer Audio FA-011 Limited Edition owners and appreciation thread - Page 5

post #61 of 107
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by billymav View Post


I thought you didn't like forward mids? ;)

 

popcorn.gif

post #62 of 107

Correctly done mids a bit forward Bill, just a little bit to go with the track. The MP301 was warming up for at least an hour so it was all set to go too.

 

This is the track I was listening to:

.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt0Gd78osOo

post #63 of 107

So as an aggressive can I guess this could be a great alternative to having a Grado? I find Grado's too shrill despite enjoying their tonality for guitars. I had a brief listen to the normal FA-011 previously when I picked up a few gifts for my dad at Noisy Motel. From Memory I personally enjoyed them a fair bit, but they were not what I was after at the time for him.
 

I'd seriously consider auditioning one of these If I was not already tied up with buying something else.

post #64 of 107

You should give the LE  a try and decide. They sound different than the stabdard edition FA-011
 

post #65 of 107
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gikigill View Post

You should give the LE  a try and decide. They sound different than the stabdard edition FA-011

 

Agree. In my short audition of various Grados, I found them too treble-biased. The FA-011s do a great job of throwing plenty of treble energy without becoming too harsh or unbalanced. LEs take this to a whole new level.
post #66 of 107

Is the headband exactly the same in the LE as in the normal version? I couldn't say for sure from the pictures but it looked like the gray ends that keep the pleather in place are plastic. Reason why I'm wondering is because one of those plastic ends just broke on my FA-011 which made me wonder if that could also happen on the LE.

post #67 of 107
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caze View Post

Is the headband exactly the same in the LE as in the normal version? I couldn't say for sure from the pictures but it looked like the gray ends that keep the pleather in place are plastic. Reason why I'm wondering is because one of those plastic ends just broke on my FA-011 which made me wonder if that could also happen on the LE.

 

As far as I can tell they are the same. I would imagine it's an easy enough part to replace cheaply though.

post #68 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post

 

As far as I can tell they are the same. I would imagine it's an easy enough part to replace cheaply though.

Probably. I wish though that they had gone with metal on the LE as it is the weakest link on an otherwise solid build.

post #69 of 107

Shoot Sergey an email and he will sort you out with parts you want.

post #70 of 107

Goddammit! Sorry for the language but I just found a great deal on a used pair of HD650 for almost half the price of the LE and now I can't decide which one to get...

Any recommendations from those who have heard both the FA-011/FA-011 LE and the HD650?

 

EDIT: Don't know if it makes any difference but I currently use the Millett Hybrid MiniMAX as my desktop amp so the future headphone would be paired with it.


Edited by Caze - 8/30/13 at 11:50am
post #71 of 107
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caze View Post

Goddammit! Sorry for the language but I just found a great deal on a used pair of HD650 for almost half the price of the LE and now I can't decide which one to get...
Any recommendations from those who have heard both the FA-011/FA-011 LE and the HD650?

EDIT: Don't know if it makes any difference but I currently use the Millett Hybrid MiniMAX as my desktop amp so the future headphone would be paired with it.

I owned and compared both.

650s are slightly more comfortable than LEs, but not by a lot. Sound from LEs is much more engaging and fun with more top end detail, but no harshness. 650 sound is super smooth and stage is bigger and more spacious than LEs.

If I were you I'd get the LEs now and 650s later because they'll always be around, but LEs are truly limited.

If still in doubt, please describe your music and sound signature tastes.

Also, I reviewed the LEs over at passionforsound.wordpress.com including a comparison with the 650s.

Hope this helps!
post #72 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post

If I were you I'd get the LEs now and 650s later because they'll always be around, but LEs are truly limited.

 

That's actually a pretty good point, didn't think of that.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loquah View Post

 

If still in doubt, please describe your music and sound signature tastes.

Also, I reviewed the LEs over at passionforsound.wordpress.com including a comparison with the 650s.

Hope this helps!

 

 

My music taste is pretty mixed; the only genres I don't care about at all are dubstep and metal where the song is pretty much someone just screaming at the microphone. Classical and jazz aren't really my thing either though I can appreciate a good jazz song or classical piece.

 

I do tend to like energetic music more but that's not saying that I don't sometimes enjoy something more relaxing. I can for example go from "Avicii - Levels" to "Toto - Don't Chain My Heart" to "America - A Horse With no Name" to this (which is one of my favorite songs). Of the songs you used in your review, only "Sinking Stone" was the kind that I would listen to myself.

 

And I think I've read your review at least 4 times already. ;)

post #73 of 107

If the FA-011 LE improves on the FA-011 a smidgen bit in some aspects of sound, then you would definitely like it for those genres (or those songs specifically). The HD650 mellows out a bit in comparison for EDM or pop music etc. The FA-011's and the same for the LE will love tube amplification.

post #74 of 107
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caze View Post

That's actually a pretty good point, didn't think of that.


My music taste is pretty mixed; the only genres I don't care about at all are dubstep and metal where the song is pretty much someone just screaming at the microphone. Classical and jazz aren't really my thing either though I can appreciate a good jazz song or classical piece.

I do tend to like energetic music more but that's not saying that I don't sometimes enjoy something more relaxing. I can for example go from "Avicii - Levels" to "Toto - Don't Chain My Heart" to "America - A Horse With no Name" to this (which is one of my favorite songs). Of the songs you used in your review, only "Sinking Stone" was the kind that I would listen to myself.

And I think I've read your review at least 4 times already. wink.gif

Cool. Thanks for visiting!

I think you'll be really happy with LEs and you can always try HD650s later as per earlier comments. The LEs have great energy for the types of music you mentioned, esp Avicii, Toto, etc. The 650s excel more in the genres you don't go for like jazz and classical. It's still splitting hairs because they're both great, but I'd lean toward the LEs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

If the FA-011 LE improves on the FA-011 a smidgen bit in some aspects of sound, then you would definitely like it for those genres (or those songs specifically). The HD650 mellows out a bit in comparison for EDM or pop music etc. The FA-011's and the same for the LE will love tube amplification.

Agree, esp the stock 011s, but only with low output impedance units (ie not Bottlehead Crack or other OTL amps) because bass gets flabby on high OI amps.
post #75 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

If the FA-011 LE improves on the FA-011 a smidgen bit in some aspects of sound, then you would definitely like it for those genres (or those songs specifically). The HD650 mellows out a bit in comparison for EDM or pop music etc. The FA-011's and the same for the LE will love tube amplification.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post


Cool. Thanks for visiting!

I think you'll be really happy with LEs and you can always try HD650s later as per earlier comments. The LEs have great energy for the types of music you mentioned, esp Avicii, Toto, etc. The 650s excel more in the genres you don't go for like jazz and classical. It's still splitting hairs because they're both great, but I'd lean toward the LEs.
Agree, esp the stock 011s, but only with low output impedance units (ie not Bottlehead Crack or other OTL amps) because bass gets flabby on high OI amps.


Thanks guys for giving me the final push to pull the trigger on these. Chatted with Sergey today and if all goes well, I hopefully have a pair of LEs on their way tomorrow. smily_headphones1.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Fischer Audio FA-011 Limited Edition owners and appreciation thread