260 USD is a nice price on them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productPhilips Fidelio X1tagged by System, 6/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- Senn hd600 vs. Fidelio X1 Compare? Last post on 9/18/14 at 4:53am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which is better? (Denon D600) Vs.(Philips Fidelio X1) Last post on 9/17/14 at 8:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- (Denon AH-D600) Vs. (Philips Fidelio X1) Last post on 9/16/14 at 7:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? Last post on Today at 7:10 am in Headphones (full-size)
- How does the shure 1540 compare to the Philips fidelio x1? Last post on 9/11/14 at 1:52pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Philips Fidelio X1 | Review & Comparison - Page 16
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks chicolom - very helpful comments. I think the general consensus is that the X1 is warm because of it's bass, but in every other regard pretty neutral and smooth sounding. I'll try it out with my existing gear 1st as you suggest, however I'm getting a desktop amp and DAC for not only the X1's but future HP's as well (I know a desktop solution is overkill for the Philips, but I want to buy now). You're right - I'll stick to a neutral and detailed setup. Thanks again.
http://camelcamelcamel.com/ (damn - keep thinking toe) just posted an alert: Price has just dropped from 220 GBP down to 160.00 GBP new (equivalent of 260 USD) on Amazon.
The Amazon UK price has gone even lower today and after a couple of price drops (Amazon appear to be tracking a marketplace seller's price) they're now down to £138 GBP, which is the lowest they've ever had them at. Not bad at all!
Edited by jellofund - 12/11/13 at 1:21pm
I ordered them last night when i saw the price at £160! lo I canceled them today tho and picked up a pair of denon D7100 :) just down the road from me for £400 thinking of returning them tommo ........now them Philips are £137 wow very good price but never heard them ...very tempted now could return them if not wanted :)
You can't go wrong with either. I prefer the X1 myself.
Compared to the X1 the MA900s have less bass, a more forward midrange, and slightly darker highs. The X1 has better extension on both ends and is more detailed and refined. The MA900 has a little bit of grain in comparison.
The MA900's stronger focus on midrange combined with its earlier roll off of the sub bass and upper treble makes it sound a tad "n" shaped compared to the X1 - which is a slightly "u" shaped.
Edited by chicolom - 12/28/13 at 7:59pm
how do you find the Bravo Ocean with the STX ? Is it an upgrade ? Cause i'm considering getting it to try out with my X1 and DT880 (250 ohm). Thanks.
I live in France and I've just bought these headphones which come heartily recommended by Noel Keywwod in Hi-Fi World in, a UK mag I have trusted for more than 20 years.
I paid € 180 for them in Germany—they are listed everywhere in France at € 299!
I'll publish my impressions as soon as I get them, which should be some time next week.
Regards from France!
With shipping its $45 + customs, might as well get Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro mic for £45
Actually no don't do that....... I'll have to search for my post (if you saw it there) and scrub that idea. If you look at the jack's housing it's way too wide to fit into the X1 (there's a raised section in profile where the pads start so to speak). Narrow is best - shame.
- Philips Fidelio X1 | Review & Comparison
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Gaming Headphones for the Audio Noob (Advice Needed) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Portable speakers: Bose Soundlink Mini or UE Boom? 1 minute ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 2 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The NIKON Thread (Talk About Nikon Stuff here) 4 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)