260 USD is a nice price on them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productPhilips Fidelio X1tagged by System, 6/29/13
Related Forum Threads
- Worth upgrading from Sennheiser HD 598 to Philips Fidelio X1's for gaming? Also, would an... Last post on 12/4/13 at 2:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- what is better than the philips fidelio x1? Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips Fidelio X1 or Sennheiser Momentum? Last post on 12/9/13 at 1:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMan HE-400 vs Philips Fidelio X1 for EDM? Last post on 11/29/13 at 9:30am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- $299 for the Philips Fidelio X1 makes me wary that they're knock off Last post on 11/21/13 at 1:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Philips Fidelio X1 | Review & Comparison - Page 16
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks chicolom - very helpful comments. I think the general consensus is that the X1 is warm because of it's bass, but in every other regard pretty neutral and smooth sounding. I'll try it out with my existing gear 1st as you suggest, however I'm getting a desktop amp and DAC for not only the X1's but future HP's as well (I know a desktop solution is overkill for the Philips, but I want to buy now). You're right - I'll stick to a neutral and detailed setup. Thanks again.
http://camelcamelcamel.com/ (damn - keep thinking toe) just posted an alert: Price has just dropped from 220 GBP down to 160.00 GBP new (equivalent of 260 USD) on Amazon.
The Amazon UK price has gone even lower today and after a couple of price drops (Amazon appear to be tracking a marketplace seller's price) they're now down to £138 GBP, which is the lowest they've ever had them at. Not bad at all!
Edited by jellofund - 12/11/13 at 1:21pm
I ordered them last night when i saw the price at £160! lo I canceled them today tho and picked up a pair of denon D7100 :) just down the road from me for £400 thinking of returning them tommo ........now them Philips are £137 wow very good price but never heard them ...very tempted now could return them if not wanted :)
- Philips Fidelio X1 | Review & Comparison
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version updated on 6/9, can balance... 1 second ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 28 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Yulong Sabre D18 thread: reviews, impressions, discussion (full... 2 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Fischer Audio FA-011 Limited Edition owners and appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review 4 minutes ago
- › Requesting advice on mid-range to high-end IEM's 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe