Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Philips Fidelio X1 | Review & Comparison
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Philips Fidelio X1 | Review & Comparison - Page 10

post #136 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meh View Post
 

 

Too overpriced on Amazon.ca, doesn't ship to Canada on Amazon.com. :(

Monoprice sells essentially the same cable as Mediabridge.

 

http://www.monoprice.com/Product/?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021816&p_id=9765&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

post #137 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ckpupp3t View Post
 

Monoprice sells essentially the same cable as Mediabridge.

 

http://www.monoprice.com/Product/?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021816&p_id=9765&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

 

Do you have any other recommendations besides this one? My personal experience with Monoprice cables is that they die pretty quickly, and the customer comments on these cables reflect that sentiment.I'd rather pay a bit extra and not have to replace them every half year.

post #138 of 319
Thread Starter 
Really?

I've had good experiences with mono price cables, including that one.
post #139 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

Really?

I've had good experiences with mono price cables, including that one.

 

I've bought numerous things with them over the years from HDMI cables to a headphone adapter, and they've all never really lasted all that long. Not that I would expect too much quality out of such cheap items, but still it's annoying to have to buy them over and over again.

post #140 of 319
Thread Starter 

Some of their cheapest adapters and generic looking audio cables aren't great, but I see no reason why something like an HDMI cable should fail after a couple of months.  You just plug it in and leave it.  You must be rough on your cables move them around quite a bit.

 

Maybe these will work better for you:

http://www.nordost.com/

post #141 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post
 

Maybe these will work better for you:

http://www.nordost.com/

Those are some sexy looking cables.  The fact that the manufacturer doesn't even to bother to list the prices probably means they're super expensive.  As the adage goes, "If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it." :)

post #142 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ckpupp3t View Post
 

Those are some sexy looking cables.  The fact that the manufacturer doesn't even to bother to list the prices probably means they're super expensive.  As the adage goes, "If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it." :)

 

+1 

 

Nordost Valhalla - 1M RCA Interconnects - $4,500  :eek:

 

On the bright side, they do qualify for free shipping....

 

 

 

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-3268-nordost-valhalla-interconnects-pr.aspx

post #143 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post
 

Some of their cheapest adapters and generic looking audio cables aren't great, but I see no reason why something like an HDMI cable should fail after a couple of months.  You just plug it in and leave it.  You must be rough on your cables move them around quite a bit.

 

Maybe these will work better for you:

http://www.nordost.com/

 

That's the thing though, I'm not. HDMI cables I never move around. It just died on me one day.
post #144 of 319

Just to share, I use an In-akustic cable from the first day I use the X1.

However just within a month, the In-akustic cable started giving me issues like noises when the cable is moving.... I can just do a little shake to the cable and noises and distortions came in.

I think the quality of the in-akustic cable is not that great despite excellent cosmetic.

 

I am going to try the mediabridge cable, hopefully will last longer than a month.

 

BTW, I am using an Asus Essence One. I wonder if the X1 is too sensitive or just the cable fault.

post #145 of 319
Cable noise is called microphonics, and many cables have that issue. Can't remember if the Mediabridge has that problem. Microphonics don't bother me as I don't move around that much.
post #146 of 319

Hey guys, I have a xonar phoebus, will i notice a difference in sound when using an amp and dac added to that, will that make my soundcard absolute? I use itunes files mp3

 

Or will it be hard to tell a difference from my soundcard?


Edited by Aerathion - 9/18/13 at 12:19am
post #147 of 319
I have the x1 and was wondering exactly what they do best? They seem to be an all a rounder with nothing surprising. What are some songs that will wow the x1? As a replacement cord I am using the extra one shipped with the Mad Dogs for now. The x1 does not seem to scale at all. The x1 sounds stale and clouded. The sound sounds very colored. It sounds warm/dark and boring. It distorts at high volume with the asgard2. Am I missing something?
post #148 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgunsphd View Post

I have the x1 and was wondering exactly what they do best? They seem to be an all a rounder with nothing surprising. What are some songs that will wow the x1? As a replacement cord I am using the extra one shipped with the Mad Dogs for now. The x1 does not seem to scale at all. The x1 sounds stale and clouded. The sound sounds very colored. It sounds warm/dark and boring. It distorts at high volume with the asgard2. Am I missing something?

their bass is quite impressive for an open headphone with that soundstage imo from when i auditioned them.

 

 

Edit: their not theyre lol

post #149 of 319
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgunsphd View Post

I have the x1 and was wondering exactly what they do best?

 

Big bass quantity and good soundstage simultaneously, part balanced part fun, comfort, easy to drive, great value.

 

It sounds like you may not like them though, which is fine.

post #150 of 319
I do like the x1. Im just disappointed in their inability to be amped. They sound great out of idevices.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Philips Fidelio X1 | Review & Comparison