Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [Review] Superlux HD681 EVO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Review] Superlux HD681 EVO - Page 53

post #781 of 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADCAM View Post
 

I only had a thick @ss black felt piece glued to the driver screen...where is the foam?

It looks like a bigger size of felt disc. the foam disc will also drop out when the pads are removed coz its not glued. It should be placed in front of your felt disc.

post #782 of 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteck View Post
 

It looks like a bigger size of felt disc. the foam disc will also drop out when the pads are removed coz its not glued. It should be placed in front of your felt disc.


I removed the felt and replaced it with a thin cotton pad.

post #783 of 844
Hi guys. After fixing my cable problem (both original 1.2m and replacement) now I'm back with my evo. I decided to eq my EVO with neutron player on my Samsung. I've been looking at many frequency response from this thread. I wonder if anybody got FR for original velour pad?

Also can anybody share any good eq? I'm trying to fix 4k dip. From my initial test I can get quite a depth from evo. I wonder anybody else have magic recipe for eq with neutron (since neutron can eq exact frequency) if I missed anything from previous pages feel free to point me to.

Hearing evo again makes me wanna buy amp to pair with my Samsung.
TQ.
post #784 of 844

I hear that hd681 evo bass response are good but not deep as hd662b

post #785 of 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairx View Post

Hi guys. After fixing my cable problem (both original 1.2m and replacement) now I'm back with my evo. I decided to eq my EVO with neutron player on my Samsung. I've been looking at many frequency response from this thread. I wonder if anybody got FR for original velour pad?

Also can anybody share any good eq? I'm trying to fix 4k dip. From my initial test I can get quite a depth from evo. I wonder anybody else have magic recipe for eq with neutron (since neutron can eq exact frequency) if I missed anything from previous pages feel free to point me to.

Hearing evo again makes me wanna buy amp to pair with my Samsung.
TQ.

I lower 2k to 8k by 3db and 12k by 5db
post #786 of 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteck View Post


I lower 2k to 8k by 3db and 12k by 5db

ouff.. on the contrary, i raised 2k 2db, 4k 3db. giving back the presence in music.at least with what i heard from my soundcard with sinegen (looking for dips), I later change them accordingly with neutron EQ.

 

Maybe I should try your eq. are you using pleather or velour? Thanks

post #787 of 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairx View Post
 

ouff.. on the contrary, i raised 2k 2db, 4k 3db. giving back the presence in music.at least with what i heard from my soundcard with sinegen (looking for dips), I later change them accordingly with neutron EQ.

 

Maybe I should try your eq. are you using pleather or velour? Thanks

Velour. It may just be my preference as I don't like emphasis on highs. My music is mostly classical.

 

Edit: Forgot to mention, I did the felt mod so it increased the highs a little. You may wanna try doing the felt mod and leaving the eq flat. Velour pad should have more emphasis on high than pleather pads too.


Edited by kaiteck - 5/13/16 at 8:40pm
post #788 of 844

Hey all, Thought I would share a few of my mods to my favorite headphone! 

First I love this headphone. It has a funky bass to it. Can handle amped power without distortion (unlike my HD598se for example)
Treble and mids are awesome. Easy to power. And the price!!!! WOW. These are my go to headphones at home. Love them better than my HD598's. 
Only con is the funky design....
So I added a spare junked turtle beach headband. And this made the headphone less tall by the extra cushioning on the headband and thus bringing the tubular bands on top closer to my head when worn. I did this by opening one ear side and undoing the Superlux strap and cutting it to make the width a tad smaller so the TB head band could be slipped through. I slipped it through the top portion of the tb headband so I can have all the cushioning on the bottom.

 

 



I wanted more treble from the drive so I removed the small piece of black circular felt material that was on the driver. But left the big circular foam that is between the ear pads and driver.
Speaking of the driver, I was noticing some raised ridges on it and it really bothered my ears as I felt a few of the sharp corners on the design. So I trimmed it with a X-Acto knife... be very careful when you do this. You don't want to cut your fingers! 


Edited by Primus2112 - 7/17/16 at 9:31am
post #789 of 844

Anyone have tried this headphone and sennheiser HD402? How was it?

post #790 of 844

I bought this Superlux EVo, and this is my initial reviews:

 

Soundstage is spacious, wide, and precise enough. This is the first strength. If you hear 3d or binaural recording, it is so real. 

 

Bass is the other strength. Low and good. Sub bass rumbling but not boomy. In fact I like to use this when playing bass-drum-heavy music such as Royals by Lorde and songs by Fifth Harmony. Bass and beats music sounds wonderful.

 

Mids are weaker compared to my Sennheiser HD598 or perhaps Grado. Detail is present, but not enough presence. Perhaps, yes it is true, the mid bass slightly influence this area.  This is not for accoustics. I do not recommend this for jazz also, because of weaker mids. I am a jazz lover, but this is not for it. 

 

Treble are average. And I am not impressed in this area. No sparkling crisp, but rather standard trebles. 

 

It is comfortable. Big, and round. More comfortable than Audio technica M40x I have. 

 

Can I train this headphone? I will try. 

post #791 of 844
I tried punch hole mods (two on both sides) and added a glasses cleaning cloth on top of mini felt disk, love it more than before, but need more modification like custom cable and pads (yeah those pads are suck)
post #792 of 844

I try Rockbox, and some modification on setting. Beats still wonderful. Bass is still very good. I use equaliser to add up the human voice area.

 

Voice section is still not very detailed, but this headphone becomes very nice for modern jazz. Sounds more like in a concert hall. I love its bass area.

post #793 of 844
post #794 of 844

Mine looked thinner, it was just a 100% cotton makeup pad I stole from my wife. I didn't need to cut it... I just put it in place and then put the pad and thin piece of black foam material that is exposed to your ear from the factory back in place. Worked great. 

post #795 of 844

Hello, do you know a guide or tutorial to disassembly an HD681EVO?

I need to check the cable state, because theaudio from the left channel disappears sometimes, and it retourn if i move the cable.


Edited by Robox - 10/23/16 at 8:40am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › [Review] Superlux HD681 EVO