Hi, I'm torn between the HD 650 and the beyer DT 880 premium 250hms. I was wondering if the HD 650 would be okay with my Fiio E11 + Titanium HD. Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? Last post on 9/23/14 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hi, I'm new and need help with choosing components Last post on 12/10/13 at 1:19am in Computer Audio
- Which way should I go? Last post on 9/8/13 at 5:44am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Going from IEM's to full size, or portable cans Last post on 5/16/13 at 4:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BD DT990Pro 250ohm + E11, AT AD900 + AX720 DD (5.1 version), Senn HD650 Last post on 2/23/13 at 4:27pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
A little background before I start. I'm 16 years old and I slowly began to become addicted to fine, audiophile-quality headphones. I remember the first time I heard beats at an apple store. I...
The Major 6 was one of the older models in chord&Major's lineup that has been revamped into the Major 6'13, inline with the Tonal Earphone series design principles. While it looks identical to the...
REMEMBER! No elitists aloud here. Headphones are objects with personality! The richest people can enjoy the cheapest headphone just because it provides the sound he's looking for, has the highs...
xDuoo X2 : Watch out Sansa! This review is a part of the review tour organised by Hifinage in India. I'd like to thank them for giving me the opportunity to be on the tour. And more...
HD 650 + Fiio E11 + Creative HD Titanium
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Fiio E11 can easily drive 250-ohm Beyerdynamic headphones.
Personally, I would get the cheaper DT880 Pro 250-Ohm headphone and something like the Magni amp.
(sell off the E11)
In your opinion a E9 can easily drive HD 800. Right?
I know zero about the Sennheiser HD800s.
As the Senn HD800 is 300-Ohm, the Fiio E9/E09K amp should be able to drive them.
But if your going to spend cash ($1500) for a Senn HD800, should at least spend a few hundred (or more) for a head amp.
(The E9/E09K seems like a good value, but a $100 amp. can only be so good).
What a nonsense. There is zero evidence to suggest that the amp on the stx, which is similar to the e9, is in any way technically uncapable of getting pretty much the most out of the hd650. There is also no evidence that there is anything beyond the technical side of things when it comes to amps. In short: both the fiio e9 and stx are a great choice, whether for the HD650 or the HD800. These headphones don't offer anything those amps have trouble with.
Also, the idea of getting a 'more expensive amp' to go with the hd800 (or even hd650) just because it makes sense intuïtively is very short sighted and just not grounded in reality.
And you have plugged the E09K amp into the Titanium HD's RCA outputs?
(slightly cleaner analog audio signal, over the Titanium HD's headphone jack)
- HD 650 + Fiio E11 + Creative HD Titanium
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 4 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 34 seconds ago
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread 55 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › Vmoda Crossfade LP, Why all the bad reviews? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i Tour & Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by De1taE1even
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by iitime
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by De1taE1even
- › Skullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Size by cs098
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2