Hi, I'm torn between the HD 650 and the beyer DT 880 premium 250hms. I was wondering if the HD 650 would be okay with my Fiio E11 + Titanium HD. Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Hi, I'm new and need help with choosing components Last post on 12/10/13 at 1:19am in Computer Audio
- Which way should I go? Last post on 9/8/13 at 5:44am in Portable Headphone Amps
- BD DT990Pro 250ohm + E11, AT AD900 + AX720 DD (5.1 version), Senn HD650 Last post on 2/23/13 at 4:27pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- BD DT990 Pro 250ohm + E11, AT AD900 + AX 720 DD (5.1 version), Senn HD650 Last post on 2/23/13 at 4:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- DT990 Pro 250ohm + E11, Modified AD900 + AX720 Decoder Box, HD650 Last post on 2/18/13 at 11:25pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
Design and Comfort S5 is a new higher-end in-ear-monitor from Brainwavz retailing at about US$100. I’m glad Brainwavz has offerings at most price points below $200. It's great that companies such...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
HD 650 + Fiio E11 + Creative HD Titanium
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Fiio E11 can easily drive 250-ohm Beyerdynamic headphones.
Personally, I would get the cheaper DT880 Pro 250-Ohm headphone and something like the Magni amp.
(sell off the E11)
In your opinion a E9 can easily drive HD 800. Right?
I know zero about the Sennheiser HD800s.
As the Senn HD800 is 300-Ohm, the Fiio E9/E09K amp should be able to drive them.
But if your going to spend cash ($1500) for a Senn HD800, should at least spend a few hundred (or more) for a head amp.
(The E9/E09K seems like a good value, but a $100 amp. can only be so good).
What a nonsense. There is zero evidence to suggest that the amp on the stx, which is similar to the e9, is in any way technically uncapable of getting pretty much the most out of the hd650. There is also no evidence that there is anything beyond the technical side of things when it comes to amps. In short: both the fiio e9 and stx are a great choice, whether for the HD650 or the HD800. These headphones don't offer anything those amps have trouble with.
Also, the idea of getting a 'more expensive amp' to go with the hd800 (or even hd650) just because it makes sense intuïtively is very short sighted and just not grounded in reality.
And you have plugged the E09K amp into the Titanium HD's RCA outputs?
(slightly cleaner analog audio signal, over the Titanium HD's headphone jack)
- HD 650 + Fiio E11 + Creative HD Titanium
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › IEMs that are way low priced for it's sonic quality 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Revision 2 Wanted 2 minutes ago
- › UE 200vi does not sound correctly with cowon i9 2 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for Trance, dubstep, house, electronic, rap, hip... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 for gaming? 3 minutes ago
- › Macbook Pro to Amp Connection Options. First Amp! 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by kingpage
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)