Hi, I'm torn between the HD 650 and the beyer DT 880 premium 250hms. I was wondering if the HD 650 would be okay with my Fiio E11 + Titanium HD. Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? Last post on 9/23/14 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hi, I'm new and need help with choosing components Last post on 12/10/13 at 1:19am in Computer Audio
- Which way should I go? Last post on 9/8/13 at 5:44am in Portable Headphone Amps
- BD DT990Pro 250ohm + E11, AT AD900 + AX720 DD (5.1 version), Senn HD650 Last post on 2/23/13 at 4:27pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- BD DT990 Pro 250ohm + E11, AT AD900 + AX 720 DD (5.1 version), Senn HD650 Last post on 2/23/13 at 4:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
HD 650 + Fiio E11 + Creative HD Titanium
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Fiio E11 can easily drive 250-ohm Beyerdynamic headphones.
Personally, I would get the cheaper DT880 Pro 250-Ohm headphone and something like the Magni amp.
(sell off the E11)
In your opinion a E9 can easily drive HD 800. Right?
I know zero about the Sennheiser HD800s.
As the Senn HD800 is 300-Ohm, the Fiio E9/E09K amp should be able to drive them.
But if your going to spend cash ($1500) for a Senn HD800, should at least spend a few hundred (or more) for a head amp.
(The E9/E09K seems like a good value, but a $100 amp. can only be so good).
What a nonsense. There is zero evidence to suggest that the amp on the stx, which is similar to the e9, is in any way technically uncapable of getting pretty much the most out of the hd650. There is also no evidence that there is anything beyond the technical side of things when it comes to amps. In short: both the fiio e9 and stx are a great choice, whether for the HD650 or the HD800. These headphones don't offer anything those amps have trouble with.
Also, the idea of getting a 'more expensive amp' to go with the hd800 (or even hd650) just because it makes sense intuïtively is very short sighted and just not grounded in reality.
And you have plugged the E09K amp into the Titanium HD's RCA outputs?
(slightly cleaner analog audio signal, over the Titanium HD's headphone jack)
- HD 650 + Fiio E11 + Creative HD Titanium
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Project Ember Review 27 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 1 minute ago
- › A Comparison of different Virtual Surround Sound on the same Audio... 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Should i convert to 256 kbps aac on itunes 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Can I use the XLR and RCA at the same time? (NA11S1) 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 7 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 10 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)