Hi, I'm torn between the HD 650 and the beyer DT 880 premium 250hms. I was wondering if the HD 650 would be okay with my Fiio E11 + Titanium HD. Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? Last post on 9/23/14 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hi, I'm new and need help with choosing components Last post on 12/10/13 at 1:19am in Computer Audio
- Which way should I go? Last post on 9/8/13 at 5:44am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Going from IEM's to full size, or portable cans Last post on 5/16/13 at 4:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BD DT990Pro 250ohm + E11, AT AD900 + AX720 DD (5.1 version), Senn HD650 Last post on 2/23/13 at 4:27pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
HD 650 + Fiio E11 + Creative HD Titanium
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Fiio E11 can easily drive 250-ohm Beyerdynamic headphones.
Personally, I would get the cheaper DT880 Pro 250-Ohm headphone and something like the Magni amp.
(sell off the E11)
In your opinion a E9 can easily drive HD 800. Right?
I know zero about the Sennheiser HD800s.
As the Senn HD800 is 300-Ohm, the Fiio E9/E09K amp should be able to drive them.
But if your going to spend cash ($1500) for a Senn HD800, should at least spend a few hundred (or more) for a head amp.
(The E9/E09K seems like a good value, but a $100 amp. can only be so good).
What a nonsense. There is zero evidence to suggest that the amp on the stx, which is similar to the e9, is in any way technically uncapable of getting pretty much the most out of the hd650. There is also no evidence that there is anything beyond the technical side of things when it comes to amps. In short: both the fiio e9 and stx are a great choice, whether for the HD650 or the HD800. These headphones don't offer anything those amps have trouble with.
Also, the idea of getting a 'more expensive amp' to go with the hd800 (or even hd650) just because it makes sense intuïtively is very short sighted and just not grounded in reality.
And you have plugged the E09K amp into the Titanium HD's RCA outputs?
(slightly cleaner analog audio signal, over the Titanium HD's headphone jack)
- HD 650 + Fiio E11 + Creative HD Titanium
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem 51 seconds ago
- › Official Sennheiser URBANITE Australian review tour! 1 minute ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 1 minute ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Aftermarket cables for the HE-6/ HE-500 etc. 2 minutes ago
- › He-560 Amp + General Recommendations. 3 minutes ago
- › FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 4 minutes ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3