Were you using the M/M stack in your profile for all of these comparisons?
Related Forum Threads
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- spare some advice for a palpably novice headfier........about tube amps/dacs Last post on 9/20/13 at 5:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- K550 vs DT1350 VS DT880 Last post on 9/6/13 at 6:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT1350 or trade for AKG K550 or AKG Q701 Last post on 7/2/13 at 11:41pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Help! Last post on 1/11/13 at 8:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
From Bose to K550 to Momentums to DT1350s to Mad Dogs (and back again) - my poem - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's a good headphone to go with. Like I've said in some other threads, I have nothing but love and respect for these, but lately they haven't been connecting with me, perhaps due to my new glasses, perhaps due to the weight - I don't know. I'm a picky dude. I still can't recommend them highly enough - they are truly amazing, and Dan is a very smart, very nice guy.
I think perhaps some of my discontent with them is that I'm realizing that I gravitate more towards an exaggerated, "fun" sound more than accurate, and maybe something that sounds more vintage-y, and less crisp - not that these are sharp or hard to listen to. I think I'm just a tired teacher lately, and want to come home to some stupid headphones, not smart ones like these? Not sure.
Just added an epilogue to the poem (the first post). To make a long story short: the Mad Dogs just weren't doing it for me for my extremely big head. Amazing headphones, very well done, but just didn't press my buttons. I got a Sennheiser HD598 for the classical and softer stuff, and yes, went right back to the K550s. They may be flawed, but they work for me. Simple, accurate, and somehow (for me) the most comfortable headphones I've ever tried.
- From Bose to K550 to Momentums to DT1350s to Mad Dogs (and back again) - my poem
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Lyr RCA adaption and audio latency 15 seconds ago
- › Classical only ... Akg 712 / Shure 1840 / HD 600&650 ? 53 seconds ago
- › Songs that make us bust a move! 1 minute ago
- › Does every company have their particular sound? 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › I have $1000 for audio in my new computer build. Is this my best... 2 minutes ago
- › Closed headphones with sound reassembling the k619-But more flat... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 5 minutes ago
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)