Were you using the M/M stack in your profile for all of these comparisons?
Related Forum Threads
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- spare some advice for a palpably novice headfier........about tube amps/dacs Last post on 9/20/13 at 5:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- K550 vs DT1350 VS DT880 Last post on 9/6/13 at 6:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT1350 or trade for AKG K550 or AKG Q701 Last post on 7/2/13 at 11:41pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Help! Last post on 1/11/13 at 8:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/21/14
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
From Bose to K550 to Momentums to DT1350s to Mad Dogs (and back again) - my poem - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's a good headphone to go with. Like I've said in some other threads, I have nothing but love and respect for these, but lately they haven't been connecting with me, perhaps due to my new glasses, perhaps due to the weight - I don't know. I'm a picky dude. I still can't recommend them highly enough - they are truly amazing, and Dan is a very smart, very nice guy.
I think perhaps some of my discontent with them is that I'm realizing that I gravitate more towards an exaggerated, "fun" sound more than accurate, and maybe something that sounds more vintage-y, and less crisp - not that these are sharp or hard to listen to. I think I'm just a tired teacher lately, and want to come home to some stupid headphones, not smart ones like these? Not sure.
Just added an epilogue to the poem (the first post). To make a long story short: the Mad Dogs just weren't doing it for me for my extremely big head. Amazing headphones, very well done, but just didn't press my buttons. I got a Sennheiser HD598 for the classical and softer stuff, and yes, went right back to the K550s. They may be flawed, but they work for me. Simple, accurate, and somehow (for me) the most comfortable headphones I've ever tried.
- From Bose to K550 to Momentums to DT1350s to Mad Dogs (and back again) - my poem
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Opamp + adapter for FiiO E12DIY 44 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (Impressions of DN-2000,... 46 seconds ago
- › 7/26/14 Seattle Redhook Meet impressions 59 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Filtering for sale forums by country item will ship to 3 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 3 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)