- 34 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- For anime, Grado 80i vs Sony insertmodelhere Last post on 12/24/12 at 1:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHURE SRH440 or SHURE SRH550DJ (I'm a total noob) Last post on 8/4/13 at 9:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone for games and music on pc Last post on 7/14/12 at 6:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any good 100$ headsets canadian? Good for sound and gaming Last post on 7/18/12 at 1:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure headphone help. Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Sony MDR-V6 vs Shure SRH440 vs Shure SRH550DJ vs Pioneer HDJ-500
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I own the Sony MDR-V6, bought is used ($48) and added Beyerdynamic EDT 200/250 Velour ear pads ($23).
So they are fairly comfortable, decent amount of bass, I used them as portables.
I ended up switching to the JVC HA-S500-Z, the JVC's were lighter and had a straight cable.
I think the V6 is a decent build, I think there is only so much they can do to build a folding & sturdy headphone, in this price range (and keep the weight down).
If you are thinking about using them during active DJing I would suggest you to extend your budget a little and buy a SRH750DJ. SRH550DJ is also pretty good and easy to use during performance. The biggest advntage of SRH750DJ would be the detachable cable. If you are having live performances a detachable cable prooves useful in time.
Unfortunately it does if you are using it without proper amplification. People who complain about distortion probably used it with a simple source like an iPod. In my experience I didn't feel any distortion when I used them though FiiO E07K but there was some distortion when directly connected to iPhone. Still I would suggest you 750DJ if you want to use it during performance.
My Sony V6 was 25 years old and still working fine when I gave it away(I have a second newer one which I kept. I don't need two of them). The earpads did need to be replaced though. I bought the second one over 10 years ago as a spare for when the first one broke. There are many others who are still using a Sony V6 that is at least 20 years old.
I tried SRH440 and SRH550DJ. SRH440 is somewhat analytical, SRH550DJ or SRH750DJ would be a better choice for you.
- Sony MDR-V6 vs Shure SRH440 vs Shure SRH550DJ vs Pioneer HDJ-500
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Dark Voice 339 5 minutes ago
- › stuck with the decision of new headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD HE Series: HE-9, HE-7, HE-1, HE-350 7 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › Flat response headphones Takstar pro 80 Vs Sony MDR 7510 10 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3