- 34 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- For anime, Grado 80i vs Sony insertmodelhere Last post on 12/24/12 at 1:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHURE SRH440 or SHURE SRH550DJ (I'm a total noob) Last post on 8/4/13 at 9:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone for games and music on pc Last post on 7/14/12 at 6:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any good 100$ headsets canadian? Good for sound and gaming Last post on 7/18/12 at 1:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure headphone help. Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:51am in Headphones (full-size)
I had only tried IEM's bought at local stores until I got these, and they were a huge upgrade. In fact, I would argue these are the best set you could have bought at the time for the price. They...
Got this as a gift from the girlfriend, sadly it is WAY too powerful for nearfield and will be selling it for a much less powerful model. Quality issues with a slightly sticky pot which went away...
For larger (1200 x 800) images - simply click the photo INTRODUCTION I don’t think there would be many people of my vintage who are into computer audio, and haven’t heard of Creative Labs. My...
q-Jays - Purity and Elegance ^ 2 https://www.jays.se/products/q-jays/ I received q-Jays as a loan in the tour on the Danish head-fi community forum www.hoved-fi.dk Courtesy of Claus....
[Originally reviewed at Basshead.Club] How do they do it? Brainwavz continues to impress with its budget-friendly new Jive IEM for Android and iOS devices. Brainwavz Jive In the...
Sony MDR-V6 vs Shure SRH440 vs Shure SRH550DJ vs Pioneer HDJ-500
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I own the Sony MDR-V6, bought is used ($48) and added Beyerdynamic EDT 200/250 Velour ear pads ($23).
So they are fairly comfortable, decent amount of bass, I used them as portables.
I ended up switching to the JVC HA-S500-Z, the JVC's were lighter and had a straight cable.
I think the V6 is a decent build, I think there is only so much they can do to build a folding & sturdy headphone, in this price range (and keep the weight down).
If you are thinking about using them during active DJing I would suggest you to extend your budget a little and buy a SRH750DJ. SRH550DJ is also pretty good and easy to use during performance. The biggest advntage of SRH750DJ would be the detachable cable. If you are having live performances a detachable cable prooves useful in time.
Unfortunately it does if you are using it without proper amplification. People who complain about distortion probably used it with a simple source like an iPod. In my experience I didn't feel any distortion when I used them though FiiO E07K but there was some distortion when directly connected to iPhone. Still I would suggest you 750DJ if you want to use it during performance.
My Sony V6 was 25 years old and still working fine when I gave it away(I have a second newer one which I kept. I don't need two of them). The earpads did need to be replaced though. I bought the second one over 10 years ago as a spare for when the first one broke. There are many others who are still using a Sony V6 that is at least 20 years old.
I tried SRH440 and SRH550DJ. SRH440 is somewhat analytical, SRH550DJ or SRH750DJ would be a better choice for you.
- Sony MDR-V6 vs Shure SRH440 vs Shure SRH550DJ vs Pioneer HDJ-500
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Owners Unite 10 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › *FLASH SALE* Sennheiser Amperior Closed Back Headphones Refurb 1 minute ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Studio Monitor Headphones Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 3 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by whitedragon551
- › Lenntek Sonix 3 w/ Microphone by Incognito101
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by yay101
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by Brooko
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by rasmushorn
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Woo Audio WA22 by tassardar
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2