Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Official NY /Regional Fall meet, November 9th, 2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official NY /Regional Fall meet, November 9th, 2013 - Page 7  

post #91 of 317

HiFiMan?  Ooohhh ... Fingers crossed at another chance at $60 RE-400s ; even $75 sounds good to me.  I was so mad at myself not having stopped at a bank before the Spring/Summer meet and not having cash at hand to buy one of the 10 that were available.

post #92 of 317

It's no longer a maybe for me. I'll definitely be coming, but I only have a HD600 + Fiio E17/E11. Unfortunately, I don't have much to bring as such. I'm a beginner at any of this D:.

post #93 of 317
Don't worry I am a beginner, too. =)
post #94 of 317

Warning to all the first timers: hide your wallets. 

post #95 of 317

Is a local/regional meet also an appropriate place for people to share and exchange their music collection/libraries?

 

I recently entered the jazz scene while listening on my headphones and discovered my great appreciation for this music genre.  Now, I really want to continue exploring jazz and would like to know if anyone attending this meet would be willing to share with me their collection of jazz music.  Similarly, I would be happy to bring some of my music collection (although more modern) to share with curious listeners.

 

Best,

 

Alex

post #96 of 317

just bought airline tickets last night for this meet. i did try just now to reserve the room at the Adria, they recognized the name Head-Fi but did not have a rate for the rooms. i will try back later :)

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

post #97 of 317

I plan on being there.  I'm a noob as well.  This will be my first meet.  I can bring my Denon D7000 and my Hifiman HE-500.  See you all there.

post #98 of 317

Add me to the noob list as well ....

post #99 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegunner100 View Post
 

Warning to all the first timers: hide your wallets. 

 

Is there a reason? haha.

post #100 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullane View Post
 

 

Is there a reason? haha.

 

Vendor meet discounts, members selling their gear, and heavily discounted auction gear. Trust me, you should hide your wallet xD. The first head-fi meet I went to convinced me to drop 1k on a pair of UERMs because Ultimate Ears provided a 20% discount during the meet. 

post #101 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegunner100 View Post
 

 

Vendor meet discounts, members selling their gear, and heavily discounted auction gear. Trust me, you should hide your wallet xD. The first head-fi meet I went to convinced me to drop 1k on a pair of UERMs because Ultimate Ears provided a 20% discount during the meet. 

 

Point taken. I already set a pretty low budget for myself though :D.

post #102 of 317

One spot down--3 still available

If ride is needed,pm me.

 

Tnx

Mike

post #103 of 317

I'm definitely going now but probably won't be there until noon or so.

 

Mullet, will Julie be making impressions as well or just have the demos at hand?

post #104 of 317

I should be able to make it. Not sure if I will be there in an official capacity, or just as the head-Fier that I am.

 

I should have my new personal set of Abyss headphones by then, so will probably bring them.

 

I can do the Auction if people want to put up with my doing so :)

 

From RMAF until November 4th I'll be traveling, but I should be able to make the meet.

 

 

Ethan 

post #105 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullet View Post
 

I'm glad to announce that HiFiMan will have a presence at the meet. I know a bunch of you guys were asking so yes they will be there.

Yay!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post
 

just bought airline tickets last night for this meet. i did try just now to reserve the room at the Adria, they recognized the name Head-Fi but did not have a rate for the rooms. i will try back later :)

Yay!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post
 

I'm definitely going now but probably won't be there until noon or so.

 

Mullet, will Julie be making impressions as well or just have the demos at hand?

Yay!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yikes View Post
 

I should be able to make it. Not sure if I will be there in an official capacity, or just as the head-Fier that I am.

 

I should have my new personal set of Abyss headphones by then, so will probably bring them.

 

I can do the Auction if people want to put up with my doing so :)

 

From RMAF until November 4th I'll be traveling, but I should be able to make the meet.

 

 

Ethan 

Yay!
 I'm looking forward to hearing these, thanks for bringing them.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Official NY /Regional Fall meet, November 9th, 2013