or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Official NY /Regional Fall meet, November 9th, 2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official NY /Regional Fall meet, November 9th, 2013 - Page 15  

post #211 of 317

Yes,it will be a tough environment to get any sort of idea of what the K1000 can do but it will be nice to have them available, show and tell fun.  I had decided against bringing my standard Stax phones and tube amp but thought the Koss would be less common to come across at a meet.  I may have some Martin Logan Mikros 70 iems available for sale, new in box and my own set there available to audition.

 

I will also have a Stax SR44 electret set up, includes SRD-4 connection box for sale, DutchGFX expressed a possible interest.  May also have a handyman special of a set of early Stax SR-3 with it's connection box, needs some work.


Edited by ESL-1 - 11/2/13 at 8:25pm
post #212 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by decur View Post
 

frank,

looking forward to hearing your wa5/hd800 combo!

i do not think my new apex teton will be built in time for this meet!

i'd like to do a wa5/teton side by side comparison some day.

maybe, spring meet

Dean we can work that out for another meet also when you get your amp. I would like to hear them also side by side. We need to get Vinnie to come to the Capitol Audio fest . i will seal with him and hope he gets on board.

post #213 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

Dean we can work that out for another meet also when you get your amp. I would like to hear them also side by side. We need to get Vinnie to come to the Capitol Audio fest . i will seal with him and hope he gets on board.

i know vinnie has showed the past couple years at c.a.f

not sure if he is planning to attend

post #214 of 317

Thats good then he will probably show again this year

post #215 of 317

Just wondering, do people tend to bring their laptops or is it just unnecessary baggage? I mean to play music.

post #216 of 317

If you have a dap with digital out, that will do. But otherwise I think it's worth bringing imo, if you want your own music. Or at the very least, bring a SDcard or flashdrive. 

post #217 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegunner100 View Post
 

If you have a dap with digital out, that will do. But otherwise I think it's worth bringing imo, if you want your own music. Or at the very least, bring a SDcard or flashdrive. 

Alright, laptop it is then! I wish I had something that didn't weigh so much but oh well.

post #218 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post
 


Dan is any way you can have both Mad Dogs 3.2 and Alpha Dogs with AK100. I heard Alpha Dogs in Philadelphia meet but I want to have a chance to have side by side comparison if possible

 

Yup, always do.

post #219 of 317
I will be late. I'll arrive at around 12:00, have a state tournament game for my u18 hockey team. Its unfortunate I wish I could stay the whole time but I'll arrive at 12 at least.
post #220 of 317

Anyone interested in carpooling from the Boston/Cambridge area? Everyone I was going to bring dropped out.

 

I was planning to leave early early Saturday morning and come back that night.

 

PM me if you're in the area and interested.

post #221 of 317
Thread Starter 

Hey guys to answer a few questions that people have been asking...

 

Bring your gear! We will have two side by side salon rooms that are 1100 Sq. Ft. each. -- so that's 2200 Sq. Ft. of space. I'm thinking we'll have vendors on the perimeter and then member tables in the center in rows. I believe tables are 8' long. I will double check when I go to the venue next week.

 

Tables are on first come first serve basis. Vendor set up begins at 7:30AM, but any members can feel free to come and set up then. I know this is super early for a lot of guys so it might take a few hours before the tables are filled. I will find out how many tables we can fit in there in total when I go later this week.

 

I'm thinking that gear wise maybe limit it to headphone gear. I'm not sure how things would work out with speakers in the mix. Bring your DAPs, USB thumb drives, CDs, turntables, laptops, etc. Someone will have something that can play your music. Bring extension cords, power strips, etc. The more of this stuff we have the more likely everyone will be able to plug in.

 

Food wise... I'm not sure what is in the area, but it's Queens so I'm sure there should be options. I'd say it's best practice to not bring food and drink in and get everyone's gear all icky. However, peeps do what they gotta do. So be respectful of others hard earned gear.

 

Finally, I think it would be great for everyone that wants to bring stuff to sell or trade then by all means do it. In my mind, this is the time and place to do that kind of thing.

 

I need to update the list of who's coming and what they're bringing and will do so in the next day or so. Hope that answers some questions.


Edited by Mullet - 11/3/13 at 10:22pm
post #222 of 317
I'm definitely coming and definitely bringing HD800 with Q-Audio cable . Also will bring HD700 with Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable , D600, DT1350 and never used brand new replacement SE530 (not 535) plus Moon. Audio Blue Dragon cable for HD580/600/650 all for sale or trade . Not sure if I should bring Bootlehead S.E.X. which was assembled and by Nikongod so that now you can connect headphones to the speakers taps in addition to headphones jack if your cable has 4 pin XLR since I'm not bringing DAC and don't have laptop.
post #223 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullet View Post
 

Hey guys to answer a few questions that people have been asking...

 

Bring your gear! We will have two side by side salon rooms that are 1100 Sq. Ft. each. -- so that's 2200 Sq. Ft. of space. I'm thinking we'll have vendors on the perimeter and then member tables in the center in rows. I believe tables are 8' long. I will double check when I go to the venue next week.

 

Tables are on first come first serve basis. Vendor set up begins at 7:30AM, but any members can feel free to come and set up then. I know this is super early for a lot of guys so it might take a few hours before the tables are filled. I will find out how many tables we can fit in there in total when I go later this week.

 

I'm thinking that gear wise maybe limit it to headphone gear. I'm not sure how things would work out with speakers in the mix. Bring your DAPs, USB thumb drives, CDs, turntables, laptops, etc. Someone will have something that can play your music. Bring extension cords, power strips, etc. The more of this stuff we have the more likely everyone will be able to plug in.

 

Food wise... I'm not sure what is in the area, but it's Queens so I'm sure there should be options. I'd say it's best practice to not bring food and drink in and get everyone's gear all icky. However, peeps do what they gotta do. So be respectful of others hard earned gear.

 

Finally, I think it would be great for everyone that wants to bring stuff to sell or trade then by all means do it. In my mind, this is the time and place to do that kind of thing.

 

I need to update the list of who's coming and what they're bringing and will do so in the next day or so. Hope that answers some questions.

 

There's a couple of places for food over there. It should be within 5-10 minutes of walking. There's a lot more if you want to drive around 10 minutes.

post #224 of 317

FYI, I recently purchased two pieces of gear I intend on bringing as long as they arrive this week.  A used Perreaux TC2 tone control with headphone out, and a new Carot One Ernestolo.

post #225 of 317
Does anyone have the krell kav 400xi . It is a preamp / speaker amp. .?
I am interested in hearing it and buying one ...

Al D
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Official NY /Regional Fall meet, November 9th, 2013