I have HD800 and I'm driving it w/ modded LCB clone and Lavry DA11. I think I need better amp
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 4/16/15 at 12:47am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 5/2/15 at 8:54pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 2/14/15 at 5:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Wa22+HD800 and EDM music? Last post on 2/10/15 at 3:39pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I picked these beautiful-looking babies on amazon few days ago when price dropped on amazon (used ones from amazon warehouse for $400), which was a bargain; compared to $300 price tag on HD650's....
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Amp recommendations for HD800
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The best I have heard my HD800s were out of tube amplifiers, with the Cavalli Liquid Glass and Eddie Current Balancing Act being the two best so far. They sound great out of Bottlehead amps as well if you are into DIY and looking for something lower priced.
One would think that Sennheiser's own amp would be a good pairing, but I haven't heard one yet.
Thanks for recommendations... "Bottlehead Mainline" seems interesting and the price is $1K. With NOS tubes and Mercury Magnetics custom trainies can sound great.
- Amp recommendations for HD800
- › Schiit Owners Unite 58 seconds ago
- › Hello, new here, planning my first purchases. 1 minute ago
- › Making own tube amp from scratch? 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Earphones/headphones - looking for versatility 3 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by KopaZ
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2