I have HD800 and I'm driving it w/ modded LCB clone and Lavry DA11. I think I need better amp
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 6/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD800 (like new) Price with shipping inside EU Last post on 5/21/15 at 10:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD800: Valhalla2 or Lyr2 Last post on 7/13/15 at 4:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review Last post on 5/29/15 at 6:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Grado SR325e's lost their magic Last post on 7/18/15 at 1:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Sennheiser HD800 Last post on 2/11/15 at 8:59am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
My priority when i am buying a audio gear is value for money and Fidue A73 comes in the insane value category,although it is still early to tell if it's the best inear at the price because i...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Amp recommendations for HD800
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The best I have heard my HD800s were out of tube amplifiers, with the Cavalli Liquid Glass and Eddie Current Balancing Act being the two best so far. They sound great out of Bottlehead amps as well if you are into DIY and looking for something lower priced.
One would think that Sennheiser's own amp would be a good pairing, but I haven't heard one yet.
Thanks for recommendations... "Bottlehead Mainline" seems interesting and the price is $1K. With NOS tubes and Mercury Magnetics custom trainies can sound great.
- Amp recommendations for HD800
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 2 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 3 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion 8 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 10 minutes ago
- › Welcome one and all! Please introduce yourselves! 11 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio "Pro" desktop line discussion thread 11 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for first desktop rig. Oppo HA-1, Schiit... 12 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 13 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 17 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by acain
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3