I've had a pair of Shure SE115 for several years now, and I no longer find the sound satisfying ever since I got the HD598. I'm a big fan of the sound stage, instrument separation, and general detail of the HD598, which the SE115 lacks in every way. I realize it's hard for an IEM to compete with an open over-the-ear in terms of sound stage, but what's the minimum I need to invest to get similar sound quality? I listen mostly to jazz, classical, and a little bit of everything except hip-hop/r&b/rap. I prefer a more neutral sound signature; something not too bass-heavy. My budget is around $400. Any recommendations would be appreciated :)
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 6/25/13
Related Forum Threads
- HD 598 for vocals Last post on 5/21/15 at 5:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 5/13/15 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Minimum amp requirement for AKG K702? Last post on 2/13/15 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best listening experience: iPod + AMP or new DAP? Last post on 2/12/15 at 9:57am in Portable Source Gear
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these made in China headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
(note: pictures included are not mine, I grabbed them from the net to make the article easier to read) I've had these for well over a year and used them at least 5 days-a-week during that...
Many thanks to Brooko for arranging this tour unit Pros: External Playlists: Pretty much my number one priority after sound, this took some fiddling to get working from my Mac/iTunes but I...
Best IEM companion to the Sennheiser HD598?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The hifiman re272 is an excellent earphone, however it has some minor build quality issues. The re600 may be a better option if the company has fixed these issues.
If I recall correctly, the UM3X is warmer sounding and has a more lush mid-range, which is likely why the 4R wasn't suggested. However, really these are only recommendations... when spending this much on a pair of earphones, you should really go to a store and try them out. I'm sure that there must be some sort of audiophile driven store near you.
- Best IEM companion to the Sennheiser HD598?
- › Fresh From The Oven: iBasso P5 "Falcon" 13 seconds ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 34 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet -- Spring 2015 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › I have SENNHEISER HD280 AND 380--what are the advantages of the... 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New here 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3