I've had a pair of Shure SE115 for several years now, and I no longer find the sound satisfying ever since I got the HD598. I'm a big fan of the sound stage, instrument separation, and general detail of the HD598, which the SE115 lacks in every way. I realize it's hard for an IEM to compete with an open over-the-ear in terms of sound stage, but what's the minimum I need to invest to get similar sound quality? I listen mostly to jazz, classical, and a little bit of everything except hip-hop/r&b/rap. I prefer a more neutral sound signature; something not too bass-heavy. My budget is around $400. Any recommendations would be appreciated :)
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 6/25/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 3/2/15 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Minimum amp requirement for AKG K702? Last post on 2/13/15 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best listening experience: iPod + AMP or new DAP? Last post on 2/12/15 at 9:57am in Portable Source Gear
- Under 250€ headphones Last post on 2/13/15 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Just purchased to see if the review-ratings here were any close to reality. Not-so-much. But it's good to have it with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with you if you...
Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 On-Ears Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/760881/sennheiser-momentum-1-0-on-ears-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Sennheiser’s style range On...
I bought the headphones on 26 / january / 2015 this first thing that made me happy was the excellent comfort of the headphones and the ability to stay on my head even if was leaning my head these...
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Best IEM companion to the Sennheiser HD598?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The hifiman re272 is an excellent earphone, however it has some minor build quality issues. The re600 may be a better option if the company has fixed these issues.
If I recall correctly, the UM3X is warmer sounding and has a more lush mid-range, which is likely why the 4R wasn't suggested. However, really these are only recommendations... when spending this much on a pair of earphones, you should really go to a store and try them out. I'm sure that there must be some sort of audiophile driven store near you.
- Best IEM companion to the Sennheiser HD598?
- › Oh man! I just found out that the AKG K7xx is not available for... 13 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 15 seconds ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 16 seconds ago
- › AKG K7xx - got it 2 weeks ago, iFi Nano iDSD DAC/amp, Dragonfly... 17 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 2 minutes ago
- › ATH-IM70 vs Shure SE215 vs VSONIC GR07 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2