I've had a pair of Shure SE115 for several years now, and I no longer find the sound satisfying ever since I got the HD598. I'm a big fan of the sound stage, instrument separation, and general detail of the HD598, which the SE115 lacks in every way. I realize it's hard for an IEM to compete with an open over-the-ear in terms of sound stage, but what's the minimum I need to invest to get similar sound quality? I listen mostly to jazz, classical, and a little bit of everything except hip-hop/r&b/rap. I prefer a more neutral sound signature; something not too bass-heavy. My budget is around $400. Any recommendations would be appreciated :)
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 6/25/13
Related Forum Threads
- New Dac/Amp or just DAC for HD598s Last post on Today at 1:09 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cant decide on headphones Last post on 11/17/14 at 8:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is the ATH M50 Just overrated ? Last post on 10/13/14 at 1:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help on moving up to the high end, from HE400, HD598, K702, MA900, HP50 etc... Last post on 11/20/14 at 1:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How do you define which headphones are most "genre specific"? Last post on 10/8/14 at 11:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
Best IEM companion to the Sennheiser HD598?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The hifiman re272 is an excellent earphone, however it has some minor build quality issues. The re600 may be a better option if the company has fixed these issues.
If I recall correctly, the UM3X is warmer sounding and has a more lush mid-range, which is likely why the 4R wasn't suggested. However, really these are only recommendations... when spending this much on a pair of earphones, you should really go to a store and try them out. I'm sure that there must be some sort of audiophile driven store near you.
- Best IEM companion to the Sennheiser HD598?
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Custom IEM that's comfortable enough for someone with nerve pain by... 3 minutes ago
- › ODAC (JdS labs) problem 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X3 vs Fiio X5: A matter of sound... 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › Review: Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves in Crystal Blue for the Shure... 8 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 9 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 9 minutes ago
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)