Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › 2013 CanJam @ RMAF (Oct. 11-13, 2013): One of the world's finest headphone audio shows!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2013 CanJam @ RMAF (Oct. 11-13, 2013): One of the world's finest headphone audio shows! - Page 7  

post #91 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecourier View Post
Awesome! some great brands going to be there.

I really hope Burson audio goes, always wanted to try the conductor. 

 

TTVJ Audio and Moon Audio, who are both attending, sell the Burson Conductor, and it's likely that at least one of them (if not both) will have it in their setups.

 

TTVJ posted this bit a while ago on what they'll have at RMAF: http://www.head-fi.org/t/678026/rocky-mountain-audio-fest

 

 

Btw, those who are planning on attending should post in this thread rather than staying anonymous and just showing up. It'll give everyone an idea of how many Head-Fiers will be at the event, because right now there are only 12 Head-Fiers who've posted (either directly or indirectly) that they're going to be there. When this event is half-intended for Head-Fiers and if only 12 show up, that's just kinda sad....

 

  1. Audio Addict
  2. audio duck
  3. bearFNF
  4. fradoca
  5. Frank I
  6. HiFiGuy528
  7. kskwerl
  8. lilkoolaidman
  9. mikemercer
  10. mnarwold
  11. thecourier
  12. warrenpchi

 

Obviously the event will also be attended by the thousands of general RMAF-goers, but I'm kinda disappointed in the low number of Head-Fiers attending....


Edited by Asr - 9/9/13 at 9:41pm
post #92 of 229
I will be there at the UE booth. ksc75smile.gif
post #93 of 229

Steve Leesure is going . Lee posted on Facebook and I spoke with him yesterday also.

post #94 of 229

I'm going. First meet of any kind. Excited to hear all the gear and maybe meet some of those who have helped me decide upon the gear that I have. Looking forward to it! Also kind of nervous as I really tend not to be that sociable. We'll see what happens!

post #95 of 229

You can count me in! Airplane tickets, rental car, and hotel all in hand.

 

I went for the first time last year on a lark, and loved it!  There was so much amazing gear, great music and really friendly and knowledgeable music lovers that you can't go wrong.  Did I mention there are often great show demo specials and discounts? 

 

I ended up making a quantum leap from iPhone + triplefi 10s to travel package: UE RMs + CLAS + RxMK3B, and chillaxin at home: LCD3 + Cavali Liquid Fire headphone amp. My bank account still doesn't forgive me, but my ears are happy.  If you come your ears will be happy too ;)

 

If you are thinking of upgrading any of your audio gear over the next year, you should make every effort to hit this show.  You will not be disappointed.

post #96 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE TEE View Post
 

Did I talk about going to RMAF everywhere BESIDES the RMAF thread???  blink.gif

 

LOL, yes!  :D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemercer View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post
 

Hmm, dunno.  I did most of the rounding up for the two nights we spent at CAS4.  I could give it a shot, but CanJam is SOOO MUCH bigger.

 

Dinner parties always get decided daily it seems at RMAF!'

Because all of us get to see friends there that we hardly ever visit with - so the plans change.

 

We'll all be on it and @warrenpchi knows I'm DOWN to kick it all night!! My cousin is usually

down too.

 

I know Dan Clark's kickin' with us at least one of the nights.  We got a rain check left over from CAS4.

 

Who's room are we piling into for the mini-meets?  Mike (Liang) and I got a room at the Marriott, but I don't know how big it is.

 

Oh BTW, don't forget we gotta spend some quality time in the PFO Hospitality Suite.  I think David is bringing some kick ass gear.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemercer View Post

 

Should we start listing off what we're bringing personal audio-wise?

THIS ISN'T FOR A MEET

 

but we've done this the past few years.

I'm taking a mental inventory right now, and having my CEntrance HiFi-M8 just seriously cut 

down on the number of things I'm bringin!!!!

 

Don't know yet, but at some point I'm going to try and lock myself in a bathroom with Jude's suitcase.  :D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Addict View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradoca View Post

 

I hope to meet many "crazy" guys like me.:)

 

I think all the attendees at CanJam will be "crazy" guys like you. :D

 

Yup!  :smile:

post #97 of 229
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr View Post

 

When this event is half-intended for Head-Fiers and if only 12 show up, that's just kinda sad....

 

  1. Audio Addict
  2. audio duck
  3. bearFNF
  4. fradoca
  5. Frank I
  6. HiFiGuy528
  7. kskwerl
  8. lilkoolaidman
  9. mikemercer
  10. mnarwold
  11. thecourier
  12. warrenpchi

 

Obviously the event will also be attended by the thousands of general RMAF-goers, but I'm kinda disappointed in the low number of Head-Fiers attending....

 

Oh I'm sure there will be MUCH more than that!  ;)  People just like being fashionably ambiguous.

 

There's no time this year, but next year Ima try to charter party buses and import L.A. Head-Fiers en masse!  :D  Occupy CanJam!

post #98 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post
 

Who's room are we piling into for the mini-meets?  Mike (Liang) and I got a room at the Marriott, but I don't know how big it is.

 

Oh BTW, don't forget we gotta spend some quality time in the PFO Hospitality Suite.  I think David is bringing some kick ass gear.

 

 

Don't know yet, but at some point I'm going to try and lock myself in a bathroom with Jude's suitcase.  :D

 

 

Yup!  :smile:

I'm in for a mini meet.:L3000:

I am in the Denver Marriott Tech Center, also don't know what size the room is, we'll see.

post #99 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearFNF View Post
 

I'm in for a mini meet.:L3000:

 

I am in the Denver Marriott Tech Center, also don't know what size the room is, we'll see.

 

Cool!  I think that, at the end of the day, it will all depend on who has the most immovable gear.

 

Wait a sec!  I wonder if Head-Fi has a hospitality suite?  Maybe that would be a good room for an ad hoc meet?

post #100 of 229

Absence for audio technica? Still quite interested in AMP/DAC HA5050

post #101 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post
 

 

Cool!  I think that, at the end of the day, it will all depend on who has the most immovable gear.

 

Wait a sec!  I wonder if Head-Fi has a hospitality suite?  Maybe that would be a good room for an ad hoc meet?

 

I don't think Jude and crew have had a hospitality suite at RMAF - I don't remember it on the lists

of hospitality suites I had to announce for RMAF (I handle Marjorie's social networks) - because they have the amazing CanJam hall.

 

you never know, maybe some of the wonderful new sights and sounds will lead a few of us into one of our hotel rooms for some

geeking out!!  :L3000:

 

I know I'm bringing my CEntrance HiFi-M8!

thats for sure

post #102 of 229

I am unlikely this year due to scheduling conflicts, but you never know...

 

I encourage people to attend.  It's a good time, and the support of actual head-fiers is really important.

post #103 of 229

I live nearby and might be able to make it on Sunday.

post #104 of 229

Flights booked, hotel reservations made!  I. Can't. Wait.

post #105 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemercer View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

Wait a sec!  I wonder if Head-Fi has a hospitality suite?  Maybe that would be a good room for an ad hoc meet?

 

I don't think Jude and crew have had a hospitality suite at RMAF

 

Hmm, we'll just have to take over the main hall then.  OCCUPY CANJAM!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monkey View Post
 

I am unlikely this year due to scheduling conflicts, but you never know...

 

I encourage people to attend.  It's a good time, and the support of actual head-fiers is really important.

 

I hope your plans change, I have yet to meet anyone from the NY crew.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazirker View Post
 

I live nearby and might be able to make it on Sunday.

 

Originally Posted by leesure View Post
 

Flights booked, hotel reservations made!  I. Can't. Wait.

 

 

See you guys there!  I'll be the one listening to headphones!  :smile:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › 2013 CanJam @ RMAF (Oct. 11-13, 2013): One of the world's finest headphone audio shows!