or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) - Page 53

post #781 of 4929
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Yeah, it seems that I was right. I received an email that my order was shipped yesterday.

And mine today.......just received an email update with tracking #.....
post #782 of 4929
Dear Customer,
Your item has been shipped. 
post #783 of 4929
Quote:
Originally Posted by squallkiercosa View Post

Code:
Dear Customer,

Code:
Your item has been shipped. 

is that all?no tracking # sent?
post #784 of 4929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post


is that all?no tracking # sent?

Check "my orders" on their web page, tracking number should be there.

post #785 of 4929
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

Check "my orders" on their web page, tracking number should be there.
I got mine as kova4a did.....i had just asked "squallkiercosa" whether he just received item shipped email and no tracking # sent by lmue?
post #786 of 4929
"Dear customer,

Your item has been shipped! 



The tracking no. is ###########. 

You can track it via Singpost. If you did not receive it within 2-3 working days, please use the tracking no. to find out what happen to it at your nearest post office.



Regards,



Lend Me UR ears"

 SHIOK:biggrin: 

post #787 of 4929

Just got my VSD3S in the mail today. Based on initial impressions In a word I think for the 56SGD (45USD) I paid for it iirc it is pretty much revolutionary. You would be hard pressed to find such value at this price.

 

I have owned the W4R and UM Pro 30s which I sold recently to fund a new amp. Other IEM experiences include Shure SE215s and Vsonics GR07. The VSD3S may not necessarily be the top tier killer the hype purports it to be, but I must say that it can hold it's own with the tier just below. Based on memory I must say that I can see what they mean with their attempts to tune it like the W4R. It has a sound signature that makes it easily likeable without sacrificing much, or rather anything really. (at 45USD you would have thought that sound would be heavily compromised).

 

I am particularly impressed because of the way their price is set. Quality of mids and highs blew my mind away - not one you'd expect at this price point. My impression was that it is slightly mid forward and treble is rolled off but not too badly. Bass extension and texture would probably be their weakest point - but it does come in the right amount. Not missing, not overpowering. Do note that to have good quality bass in IEMs you're looking at spending many times more in an IEM. At this price range your expectation should linger around muddy frankly but none of that can be found here. In a word the quality is amazing. Unlike the W4R it is not as laid back, nor it is as energetic as the UM3x - sitting somewhere in the middle which is why it is immediately likable. In a way the VSD3S is really very much like the W4R in the aspect that it doesn't do anything wrong. I remember my Shure SE215 can sound pretty harsh around the upper mids but the VSD3S doesn't have that - which to me already makes the mids much better than the Shures.

 

Detail retrieval is still behind what top tiers can give you, but that comparison is just unfair. I would say it did matches or surpasses the GR07s and is certainly far ahead what several IEMS at this price point can give you. Soundstage and imaging is just amazing. Definitely far beyond their price point.

 

However, while their sound quality is a marvel, it is build quality that isn't something to celebrate over - but it does beat the typical 50 dollar fragile earbuds you'd have at this price. The wire is the same as the GR07s except with the MMCX-looking connector. However as a whole it just looks and feels rather cheap. Maybe its the smoky grey plastic they used, maybe its the way everything is just put together. I would still give a nod to SE215 for a better overall build quality. Their packaging is also nothing big. The GR series had better packaging and accessories. This one gives you the bare minimum + one pair of foams.

 

With such designs isolation is also much easier to achieve than the GR07s that required you to swivel the earpiece within your ear to find the sweet spot which can honestly be frustrating. Note: No swivelly parts here other than the connector.

 

In a nutshell, you really are getting a fraction of the performance of top tier IEMs for a tiny fraction of the price. I highly praise VSonic and while the wait was really nonsense to deal with... they certainly didn't disappoint. You don't even have to manage expectations to be impressed. (Frankly I came in expecting W4R since that was what they claimed). While it certainly is no W4R, I'd say sound for dollar you get loads more with the VSD3S.

 

If it ever opens up again, just buy it. I would say your next decent upgrade would be Westone 3 series and above, so this one is here to stay. Call it buyers hype, call it Vsonic fanboyism. I might be both. But it was the happiest 50 dollars I ever invested into this hobby. At the price it is also a perfect introduction IEM for those looking to join us in the dark side.

 

Cheers.

 

P.s. I know you might like some pics but it's night time here so lighting is pretty bad. Will try to put some up tomorrow.


Edited by smailbz - 6/18/14 at 7:04am
post #788 of 4929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post

is that all?no tracking # sent?

Do you really want my tracking number? :-)  
Edit: my apologies for not mentioning the #XXXXXXX


Edited by squallkiercosa - 6/18/14 at 7:49am
post #789 of 4929
Quote:
Originally Posted by squallkiercosa View Post

Do you really want my tracking number? :-)  

Edit: my apologies for not mentioning the #XXXXXXX

Nah....i just asked whether they had sent you just a confirmation email w/no tracking #! thats about it. Btw dont expect me that I would reveal my trk # because you did reveal.wink.gif
post #790 of 4929
Quote:
Originally Posted by smailbz View Post

Just got my VSD3S in the mail today. Based on initial impressions In a word I think for the 56SGD (45USD) I paid for it iirc it is pretty much revolutionary. You would be hard pressed to find such value at this price.

I have owned the W4R and UM Pro 30s which I sold recently to fund a new amp. Other IEM experiences include Shure SE215s and Vsonics GR07. The VSD3S may not necessarily be the top tier killer the hype purports it to be, but I must say that it can hold it's own with the tier just below. Based on memory I must say that I can see what they mean with their attempts to tune it like the W4R. It has a sound signature that makes it easily likeable without sacrificing much, or rather anything really. (at 45USD you would have thought that sound would be heavily compromised).

I am particularly impressed because of the way their price is set. Quality of mids and highs blew my mind away - not one you'd expect at this price point. My impression was that it is slightly mid forward and treble is rolled off but not too badly. Bass extension and texture would probably be their weakest point - but it does come in the right amount. Not missing, not overpowering. Do note that to have good quality bass in IEMs you're looking at spending many times more in an IEM. At this price range your expectation should linger around muddy frankly but none of that can be found here. In a word the quality is amazing. Unlike the W4R it is not as laid back, nor it is as energetic as the UM3x - sitting somewhere in the middle which is why it is immediately likable. In a way the VSD3S is really very much like the W4R in the aspect that it doesn't do anything wrong. I remember my Shure SE215 can sound pretty harsh around the upper mids but the VSD3S doesn't have that - which to me already makes the mids much better than the Shures.

Detail retrieval is still behind what top tiers can give you, but that comparison is just unfair. I would say it did matches or surpasses the GR07s and is certainly far ahead what several IEMS at this price point can give you. Soundstage and imaging is just amazing. Definitely far beyond their price point.

However, while their sound quality is a marvel, it is build quality that isn't something to celebrate over - but it does beat the typical 50 dollar fragile earbuds you'd have at this price. The wire is the same as the GR07s except with the MMCX-looking connector. However as a whole it just looks and feels rather cheap. Maybe its the smoky grey plastic they used, maybe its the way everything is just put together. I would still give a nod to SE215 for a better overall build quality. Their packaging is also nothing big. The GR series had better packaging and accessories. This one gives you the bare minimum + one pair of foams.

With such designs isolation is also much easier to achieve than the GR07s that required you to swivel the earpiece within your ear to find the sweet spot which can honestly be frustrating. Note: No swivelly parts here other than the connector.

In a nutshell, you really are getting a fraction of the performance of top tier IEMs for a tiny fraction of the price. I highly praise VSonic and while the wait was really nonsense to deal with... they certainly didn't disappoint. You don't even have to manage expectations to be impressed. (Frankly I came in expecting W4R since that was what they claimed). While it certainly is no W4R, I'd say sound for dollar you get loads more with the VSD3S.

If it ever opens up again, just buy it. I would say your next decent upgrade would be Westone 3 series and above, so this one is here to stay. Call it buyers hype, call it Vsonic fanboyism. I might be both. But it was the happiest 50 dollars I ever invested into this hobby. At the price it is also a perfect introduction IEM for those looking to join us in the dark side.

Cheers.

P.s. I know you might like some pics but it's night time here so lighting is pretty bad. Will try to put some up tomorrow.

Appreciate a nice heads-up........
post #791 of 4929
^ did you burn them in yet and mine also shipped 😁😃😏
post #792 of 4929

They shipped really fast. :D

 

Item No. Posting Date Status Date Status Description
RXXXXXXXSG 18-06-2014 18-06-2014 Despatched to overseas (Country code: BR)
 

 

I hope that they arrive in one moth...

 

--

 

And really nice review, they may not be the super mega IEM, but if they're the best IEM under $50 for me is more than enough, i just thought that the build quality was better.

post #793 of 4929
I think. With burn in they should improve if the drivers are nano composite materials as the spec says , minimum 300hrs my guess 😊
post #794 of 4929

After read those impressions by smailbz i believe i should have bought a VSD3 instead of a VSD3S.

 

Hope that LMUE will have 10 more VDS3 for pre-sale.

post #795 of 4929
Quote:
Originally Posted by smailbz View Post

Bass extension and texture would probably be their weakest point - but it does come in the right amount. Not missing, not overpowering.

=> uh huh.....so thats why they are offering VSD3, the BE?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)