or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) - Page 289

post #4321 of 4937

Whoever recommended using the foam tips to reduce sibalance it definitely helped a lot more than I thought. 

post #4322 of 4937

is comply tips t200 fits with the vsd3?

post #4323 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post
 


Yeah, they used 2 wires each for L & R positive and one for common ground and no color sheathing either to differentiate the channels,so a little confusion there.......but its an easy way to track those 2 pairs.

 

And its an very reasonable price for both the angled Neutrik ( ofcourse 2nd grade) 3.5mm jack+labor......

 

What did you mean by "2nd grade"?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krow View Post
 

 

Just want to know, how's the sound quality? Any deterioration or such? Asking cause, I attempted changing jacks once (by myself) and the sound completely messed upIf the sound afterwards and I've had a superstition that changing jacks causes problems since ._.

 

No deterioration, something of that sort would only really happen with a really poor soldering job, corroded components or a messed up wiring, to my knowledge.

post #4324 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielKRego View Post
 

 

What did you mean by "2nd grade"?

The Original Neutrik jacks are manufactured by Neutrik and is costlier to the 2nd grade (copy cat).......say times ~4-5.

post #4325 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post
 

The Original Neutrik jacks are manufactured by Neutrik and is costlier to the 2nd grade (copy cat).......say times ~4-5.

 

Yes, but why do you say the jack on my VSD3S is not an original Neutrik?

post #4326 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielKRego View Post

Yes, but why do you say the jack on my VSD3S is not an original Neutrik?

well,you do the math.......how much you spent on to fix your vsd3s overall?.....
post #4327 of 4937

Hey everyone, lend me ur ears just posted preorders for vsd2 on their facebook page. might be interesting

post #4328 of 4937

My modded VSD3SMMCX with FiiO cable for Westone. Cable is really noisy!

 

post #4329 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMar View Post
 

My modded VSD3SMMCX with FiiO cable for Westone. Cable is really noisy!

 


Nice Job! Yeah, the FiiO RC series cables are nicely built, glozzy and sexy but fail to zero/minimize the microphonics.......

post #4330 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post
 


Nice Job! Yeah, the FiiO RC series cables are nicely built, glozzy and sexy but fail to zero/minimize the microphonics.......

Thanks!

I think Shure SE cables must be better, the thing that dissapointed with FiiO cables is that they twisted and not braided, connectors are bulky.

post #4331 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMar View Post
 

Thanks!

I think Shure SE cables must be better, the thing that dissapointed with FiiO cables is that they twisted and not braided, connectors are bulky.


Yep, built like a tank,Sturdy and built to last.....:normal_smile :

post #4332 of 4937

Some one here used Heat Shrink Tubing to Cover the Jack, I am also thinking to do the same, However not sure which size heat shrink tube I should Buy ..

There are lots of Tubes ranging from 1mm to 5mm. 

 

 

By the way here are my thoughts ............

 

Headphones may be good, However I don't like them as they are not as Portable as an IEM, And today's IEM's are already surpassing the Sound Quality of Many Headphones. 

 

As I used to go on Bike/Car trips, I needed something good, Portable that can be fitted in Pocket. Earlier I bought Sansa Clip+ with 32 GB of Card. However I was not able to get hold of any IEM because of Many Factors like "Money", "Comfort" and Top of all "Pleasant Sound/ Not Fatiguing"

 

Read lots and lots of Reviews about IEM's availaible in India, However some of them are expensive or not comfortable or fatiguing.

 

Then I came to know about VSONIC IEM's, I checked all the product range and Found GR Series somewhat big and might not be comfortable to wear while sleeping on Side. So didn't had any choice to get Shure SE215, But then VSONIC released VSD3S, Which is not much expensive.

 

Hence Ordered VSD3S (Black) from Snapdeal at price of 2600/- with Non-Detachable Silver Cable Version.

 

Here are some pics.

 

 

Right out of the Box, I thought these will be uncomfortable because of the Jewel Type design. However once i wore them they were very comfortable, I tried lying down from side and there was no pressure in ear.

 

Build Quality - 

 

Build Quality is pretty Good. Only one CON i find as for now is No strain Relief at any Joint. VSD3S normally comes in detachable version, However due to some issues with Proprietry Connector, VSONIC released not detachable version.

 

Detachable version has Copper Cable.

Non-Detachable version has Silver/Silver Plated Cable.

 

Sound - After only 1 Hour of Listening. I may update after some more time.

 

Low End - Pretty much Clean, No Boominess, Accurate. 

 

Mid - Pretty much Neutral, These are not Mid Forward or Vocal Forward.

 

High's - Crisp and Clear.

 

 

post #4333 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavrakesh View Post
 

Some one here used Heat Shrink Tubing to Cover the Jack, I am also thinking to do the same, However not sure which size heat shrink tube I should Buy ..

There are lots of Tubes ranging from 1mm to 5mm.

Check with @skuallkiercosa........

post #4334 of 4937

I don't remember which size I used to be honest (I bought a set of shrink tubes for 8$ on amazon)
http://www.amazon.com/Vktech-150Pcs-Polyolefin-Halogen-Free-Shrink/dp/B00EXLLXK8

 

If you don't live in the States, Aliexpress with shipping included for 6$
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/B76-New-150pcs-2-1-Polyolefin-Heat-Shrink-Tubing-Tube-Sleeving-Wrap-Wire-Kit-Cable/2036545018.html

 

It was worth the investment. 

post #4335 of 4937
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavrakesh View Post

Some one here used Heat Shrink Tubing to Cover the Jack, I am also thinking to do the same, However not sure which size heat shrink tube I should Buy ..
There are lots of Tubes ranging from 1mm to 5mm. 

The ones I got were, I think, 8 or 9 mm in diameter. I.e. 4/4.5mm in radius. They are a little snug when you insert the cable prior to heating.

Edit: Along with the heat shrink tube, I added a spring as well. This adds a nice elastic effect to the jack. I used one from a 5cent pen following popular suggestion elsewhere but I'd suggest getting one from a hardware store instead. The ones in cheap pens have a very low elastic limit; so as I was putting it through the wire, it went through some permanent deformation. Gets the job done though.
Edited by krow - 3/21/15 at 2:37am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)