Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) - Page 193

post #2881 of 2891
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Well, I have to admit I prefer 1S' bass but for the money vsonic almost never disappoints . Btw, I also got the R3 yesterday and surprisingly managed to get a very good fit.



Good to hear since they removed the memory wire, makes me wonder if I'd get a better fit. I remember the sound being pretty decent on R3.

How do you think the VSD3S comes out next to R3 from the time you've spent so far?
 

post #2882 of 2891
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 



Good to hear since they removed the memory wire, makes me wonder if I'd get a better fit. I remember the sound being pretty decent on R3.

How do you think the VSD3S comes out next to R3 from the time you've spent so far?
 

Well, to be completely honest it took quite a bit of tip rolling. Also, I kinda spent the past 10 hours drinking but they are different beasts with R3 being more balanced, clear and detailed but the vsd3s sounding more spacious and the R3 lacking presence particularly in the upper treble, especially next to vsd3s.

post #2883 of 2891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

 

i agree my friend! 

 

i especially love them on my red and blue pair (which is also clear too) i wanted to get the shure se215 for a LONG TIME and with the purchase of the vsd3s i get that similar design with the clear housing at about half the price (with more colourful flair too) with that sweet diamond design. with a similar sound signature (from memory anyway, if that carries any weight) =P


Oh wow, you have the red/blue pair, nice going. I actually own SE215 I think the VDS3S is the more "audiophile orientated" earphone. But those Shure sure have something special!



Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Well, to be completely honest it took quite a bit of tip rolling. Also, I kinda spent the past 10 hours drinking but they are different beasts with R3 being more balanced, clear and detailed but the vsd3s sounding more spacious and the R3 lacking presence particularly in the upper treble, especially next to vsd3s.


VSD3S treble is right on the money for me, I can see it being harsh though for some people.

post #2884 of 2891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

i think its the tips your using. I think i know what tips your talking about i have the same for the my gr07. i think those tips make the sound more laid back, as stated above if you want more balenced in this case more upfront vocals i think you would need to try wider bore eartips

Exactly was I was thinking as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaoalbertofn View Post

Hi Tom. Well done with your reviews! Keep the good work!

Could you recommend me some ear tips?
I'm looking for some eartips that can be used in a wide variety of IEMs and help isolate the best possible.
Those seems to be a nice kit:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oval-Comfortable-Klipsch-Image-Series/dp/B00FW10UEI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=0K429KQMZ5CM7Y75YS3E

I usually use the medium or big ones (extra isolation).

My Havi B3 is on the way, so I believe I'll need some for then too.
I'll take a deeper look on the Havi thead again looking for some ear tips recommendation.

I'm extremely happy with the JVC spiral dot tips on my pair but any wide bore tips that fit you good will give you more of what you're missing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

So after spending a night listening to VSD3S I absolutely LOVE these things. The timbre and rich detail is second to none at any earphone I've heard priced this low. I'm having another "these is all you need" moment and leave them tied to my Colorfly C3. Big ups to Vsonic putting in the hard yards. From the design (which I love the diamond looking shells) the detachable cable, fit, Vsonic VSD3S is the bomb!

Nice that you enjoy them. If I could only keep two if my IEM's I'd be perfectly happy with Havi B3 and the vsd3s.
post #2885 of 2891
is there any burn in needed?
post #2886 of 2891
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam50000 View Post

is there any burn in needed?



I haven't followed the thread and sit neutral regarding burn in effect.  I can almost swear the vocal sibilance has eased a little on my VSD3S just from normal listening.

Basically, you have nothing to lose if you want to try, though it's not something I have a little church, candles and temple set up for personally.

post #2887 of 2891
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post



I haven't followed the thread and sit neutral regarding burn in effect.  I can almost swear the vocal sibilance has eased a little on my VSD3S just from normal listening.


Basically, you have nothing to lose if you want to try, though it's not something I have a little church, candles and temple set up for personally.

Do they pair well with Kogan and Zip Clip..damm...rockboxed them....sound so much better...
post #2888 of 2891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokei View Post


Do they pair well with Kogan and Zip Clip..damm...rockboxed them....sound so much better...



Colorfly C3 here. It pairs so well I haven't really bothered with other sources. Plus, I really admire the way the rig looks: C3 / VSD3S.

It's neat, tidy, simple and sounds great. 



(add photo here I can't be bothered taking today)
 

post #2889 of 2891

I really couldn't find much when I was searching the thread - out of curiosity I emailed Penon asking about the cable material used on VSD3S.

They have confirmed it is silver plated (stock), I thought so because if you look at the cable you can see little swirls or lines in it (similar to GR07 MK2 and GR07BE)

post #2890 of 2891
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 

I really couldn't find much when I was searching the thread - out of curiosity I emailed Penon asking about the cable material used on VSD3S.

They have confirmed it is silver plated (stock), I thought so because if you look at the cable you can see little swirls or lines in it (similar to GR07 MK2 and GR07BE)

I think it's just ofc copper coz vsonic has the upgrade cable, which should be more inline with gr07's cable http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220m.1000858.1000725.76.jUYThl&id=39474371065&cat_id=2&rn=ae446f37e6aec36b2d975e69a91aa384&user_id=647482297&is_b=1

post #2891 of 2891
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

I think it's just ofc copper coz vsonic has the upgrade cable, which should be more inline with gr07's cable http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220m.1000858.1000725.76.jUYThl&id=39474371065&cat_id=2&rn=ae446f37e6aec36b2d975e69a91aa384&user_id=647482297&is_b=1



I'm only going off what they told me, but I was waiting for something like this. Their reply was very brief with a simple "yes it is, goodbye"

I'm going to assume it is still and let placebo do the rest. ;)
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)