Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) - Page 93

post #1381 of 3125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post


No technical knowledge needed but little patience.

Do this first, just press the cable to catch in the female mmcx connector and you shd hear an audible tick sound which means thay are correctly in contact(grip/intact)). Now check the sound.

And if you could'nt succeed,Its a removable cable, so try pulling out the cable gently with one hand and hold firmy the shell on the other.....its not that hard,be little relaxed.I know what ur going thru now. But you gotta try it self to confirm its really a defective one.

Also the nozzle is part of half shell than vsonic's swivable/rotating one so it shd be ok to try on your side.

These mmcx are better than 2 pins(UE,Westones) so spin ur wheel.

Thanks Shawn, i'll try that once I get off work.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by penmarker View Post
 

Thanks for the heads up. I had a near-orgasm looking at the style of the IEM and the removable cable, plus the sound impressions. Build quality is a serious subject to me since I'm known for being clumsy and in a rush all the time.

But still... the price is tempting.

Even though I'v been on the receiving end here, I don't want to take anything away from Vsonic. I used the Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition for 2 years before it gave out, that too probably coz I started sleeping with it and damaged the cable somehow while turning, I'm a pretty hefty guy. Build quality wise Vsonic actually feel better than many other companies. Build quality is an issue with me too, and that's also one reason I have Stuck with them.

post #1382 of 3125
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

Just tried and I'm sorry to say that they doesn't fit. 
Thanks for checking and hopefully everything is still intact. I remember in the discoveries thread, mochill was trying a different cable on his JVC FX850 and messed up the connectors. Everyone felt that pain.
post #1383 of 3125

I woke up early and went to my local post office to check whether the package has arrived. On the way back I ran into the mailman, who was just leaving in my mailbox the slip telling me to pick my package and was very surprised to see that I already have.

 

Nice packaging - the most surprising thing is how much English you can see on it unlike the older vsonics. Vsonic is probably finally starting to consider the take on the international market


Edited by kova4a - 6/28/14 at 12:57am
post #1384 of 3125
Do you see a "S" stamped on the right ear-piece(back side)? Think its to differentiate from VSD3, then if i have that pair too, might be possible to get the left earpieces switched,if the cables removed,same smoked shells......just a thought,foolish.wink.gif
post #1385 of 3125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post

Do you see a "S" stamped on the right ear-piece(back side)? Think its to differentiate from VSD3, then if i have that pair too, might be possible to get the left earpieces switched,if the cables removed,same smoked shells......just a thought,foolish.wink.gif

Yeah, a white S on the right piece next to the nozzle.

 

edit: I have a bad headache but I took some mean painkillers and as soon as they work their magic I'll give it a listen and share my first impressions.


Edited by kova4a - 6/28/14 at 1:42am
post #1386 of 3125
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

I woke up early and went to my local post office to check whether the package has arrived. On the way back I ran into the mailman, who was just leaving in my mailbox the slip telling me to pick my package and was very surprised to see that I already have.

 

Nice packaging - the most surprising thing is how much English you can see on it unlike the older vsonics. Vsonic is probably finally starting to consider the take on the international market

Nice kova! Impressions?

post #1387 of 3125
I just snagged a vsd3s on Penonaudio.

Looking forward to a-b comparison with the GR07BE. I think many are curious about a head to head between these two.
post #1388 of 3125
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post
 

Nice kova! Impressions?

I'm just in a very bad shape - high blood pressure + headache + high eye pressure and not really in the mood for critical listening but I'll give it a quick listen now and share some impressions in a bit. 

post #1389 of 3125
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

I'm just in a very bad shape - high blood pressure + headache + high eye pressure and not really in the mood for critical listening but I'll give it a quick listen now and share some impressions in a bit. 
what a bummer, feel better.
post #1390 of 3125
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteebin View Post


Thanks for checking and hopefully everything is still intact. I remember in the discoveries thread, mochill was trying a different cable on his JVC FX850 and messed up the connectors. Everyone felt that pain.

No problem. I remebered that episode as well so I was very careful. I could actually see visually that they're different but I tried carefully anyway.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

I'm just in a very bad shape - high blood pressure + headache + high eye pressure and not really in the mood for critical listening but I'll give it a quick listen now and share some impressions in a bit. 

I've had that too, it's called hangover :D 

 

I'm really looking forward to your impresions when you're up to it. You got way better IEM's than me to compare with.


Edited by peter123 - 6/28/14 at 3:09am
post #1391 of 3125
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

Just tried and I'm sorry to say that they doesn't fit. 
Shame then I will order the oyaide hpc cable for the shure, I will wait till next time
post #1392 of 3125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoundfi View Post

I just snagged a vsd3s on Penonaudio.

Looking forward to a-b comparison with the GR07BE. I think many are curious about a head to head between these two.

 

Yes!

Looking forward to it.

post #1393 of 3125
Quote:
Originally Posted by willy156 View Post
 

so is using an iphone 4s for playing music a decent device? I've been using iPhone4s + Yuin pk3 until I receive my vsd3s

One of the reasons why The Astell & Kern AK240 is praised is for the interface and search options (something apple implemented many years ago) I'm not saying it''s the best but I'm perfectly happy with the sound. 

post #1394 of 3125
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

 

I've had that too, it's called hangover :D 

 

I wish. I've been kinda messed up for a while but the last week kinda managed to get worse again. 

Anyway, first impressions - no burn-in, no tip rolling and a very short audition.

 

Very spacious sounding - kinda makes the vsd1/s sound congested in comparison. Bass seems to be extending lower than with the vsd1s but is a touch softer on the impact. Quantity-wise probably a bit more than the 1s but I'll have to compare them these days coz I'm going by memory. Mids sound laid back unlike the 4r and se535. Otherwise, pretty smooth and neutral-ish. There seems to be a dip in the lower treble, which makes the vsd3s smoother and less offensive than most vsonics but makes the overall sound a bit hollow. Overall detail is nothing special probably because of the lack of emphasis in the upper mids-lower treble. The treble extends pretty well but there seems to be a big peak at 9-10k that boosts the shimmer a bit over the top.  Otherwise, as I said very spacious soundstage with good space between instruments and blacker background than the vsd1/s'.  I've heard the westone 4's quite a while ago but doesn't really remind me of it aside from probably the treble.

post #1395 of 3125
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

I wish. I've been kinda messed up for a while but the last week kinda managed to get worse again. 

Anyway, first impressions - no burn-in, no tip rolling and a very short audition.

 

Very spacious sounding - kinda makes the vsd1/s sound congested in comparison. Bass seems to be extending lower than with the vsd1s but is a touch softer on the impact. Quantity-wise probably a bit more than the 1s but I'll have to compare them these days coz I'm going by memory. Mids sound laid back unlike the 4r and se535. Otherwise, pretty smooth and neutral-ish. There seems to be a dip in the lower treble, which makes the vsd3s smoother and less offensive than most vsonics but makes the overall sound a bit hollow. Overall detail is nothing special probably because of the lack of emphasis in the upper mids-lower treble. The treble extends pretty well but there seems to be a big peak at 9-10k that boosts the shimmer a bit over the top.  Otherwise, as I said very spacious soundstage with good space between instruments and blacker background than the vsd1/s'.  I've heard the westone 4's quite a while ago but doesn't really remind me of it aside from probably the treble.


nothing better is expected from a 45$ iem,,,,if it betters a similarly priced vsd1 that was already a steal at that price point while managing to put a better cable and that too detachable one,i would say job well done.

 

all those expecting this to be toppling gr07be,,,i wish u guys luck:rolleyes:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)