Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) - Page 79

post #1171 of 2943
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

Yes in my opinon it can. I rate the ue600 higher that both the Tenores and the KC06's.

Edit: Im A/Bing the B3's and the VSD3S right now. Will post it when I'm done.

Hmm.....surprised to see ue600 perorm the level above those.......And dbeaver also stated that he is very confident and doubt that vsd3s outperform his ue600. All I knew was UE700 was top notch next to tf10 that time.

Well, its showtime baby. Im beleiving that B3 will be edgy! It has nice shiny gorilla face plate(build),easy to re-cable,dual micro drivers and sound is of audiophile grade.....but let's see.
post #1172 of 2943
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnel0918 View Post
 

So, do the VSD3S sounds as they claim to be (referring to W4R/SE535)?

Sadly nobody who's bought one has a W4/SE535, so we don't know yet

post #1173 of 2943
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnel0918 View Post
 

So, do the VSD3S sounds as they claim to be (referring to W4R/SE535)?


I'm wondering how it stacks up against the GR07 (the main reason VSonic is on anybody's radar outside of China).

post #1174 of 2943
Yes high detail retrieval 😊
post #1175 of 2943

VSD3S vs Havi B3Pro 1

Here’s my not so short take on these two fabulous budget IEM’s:

 

Introduction:

I won’t elaborate much on the built of these two since they’re pretty similar in style, fit and built quality. They both offers nice cables, solid plastic housings, great comfort and next to no microphonics due to over the ear styling. The big difference is of course the removable cable on the VSD3S which is a really nice feature and added value. 

 

They both offer at least average isolation (tip dependent).

 

Accessories are also pretty basic on both but it might be worth mentioning that it took much longer time for me to find the right tips for the B3’s than it did with the VSD3S. I’m using Philips Fidelio S2 tips on the B3’s and stock biflange tips on the Vsonics.

 

Another important thing is that the B3’s really needs an amp to show their true potential while the Vsonics are much easier to drive.

This comparison was made with a mix of FLAC ripped CD’s, high resolution FLAC and 320kbs MP3’s listening through the uDac2 which I find to work well with both IEM’s.

 

For those who care the VSD3S has about 30 hours on it while the B3’s got hundreds of hours of use.

 

Sound:

The Havi B3’s offers an exceptional soundstage in both width and depth and has very good instrument separation.  It’s actually stupidly good in these areas and though the VSD3S also offers very good soundstage depth and width it lags a bit behind in separation.  I think this it’s mainly due to the fact that they offer a much fuller sound with more mid bass than the B3’s. The voice reproduction on the B3’s is the most natural I’ve ever heard in any IEM and again while the Vsonics are very good they don’t quiet sound as natural as the B3’s. 

 

Listening to music like Beck, Peter Malick Group feat. Norah Jones, Cowboy Junkies , Ane Brun, Passengers etc. really brings out the best in the B3’s and I think they outperform the VSD3S here.  That does not mean that the Vsonics is not good in these areas, it’s just that the B3’s are even better.

 

(Fun Fact 1: Listening to Cowboy Junkies “Blacked Eyed Man) on the B3’s during this comparison I suddenly realized I’ve listened to several tracks for pure enjoyment and forgotten all about what I was doing. That kind of says it all about the Havi’s with this kind of music to me.)

 

My main (and possible only) grip with the B3’s is the lack of bass. The bass it does offer have great control and there’s zero bass bleed.  It does however offer decent sub bass but I would have preferred that they’d been able to go even deeper and had a bit more impact.   The VSD3S on the other hand gives me the impact that I miss with the B3’s. 

 

When listening to Robyn, Daft Punk, Infected Mushroom, Pharrell Williams and my beloved Depeche Mode the B3’s sounds too thin and the lack of bass impact is obvious. The Vsonics on the other hand make listening to this kind of music pure enjoyment.  It fuller sound really comes in handy and I’m not missing any bass at all (please note that I’m the kind of guy that find the Q701 to have a great bass in both quality and quantity). As a matter of fact on some tracks I find the bass to be on the verge of boomy and a tiny bit slow but in all I’d say that they offer pretty much the ideal bass quantity for my liking and also very good bass quality.

 

(Fun Fact 2: Listening to Depeche Mode “Construction Time Again” on the VSD3S during this comparison I suddenly realized I’ve listened to several tracks for pure enjoyment and forgotten all about what I was doing. That kind of says it all about the Vsonics with this kind of music to me.)

 

Listening to “classic rock” like Eagles, Doors, REM, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits etc. the natural voices,  excellent separation and huge soundstage of the B3’s excels again and the slight lack of bass impact are easily forgiven. Moving up to more heavy stuff like Metallica, Alice In Chains, Celldweller, Nirvana and even Foo Fighters the extra weight in the sound that the VSD3S offers comes in very handy and makes the difference from enjoying it with the B3’s to go head banging with the Vsonics.

 

Summing it all up:

The overall sound of the Havi B3Pro1 is organic and natural. They’re very well balanced and lack a bit of bass impact. Listening to music on them reminds me of listening to vinyl through a tube amp.

 

The Vsonic VSD3S is a full sounding IEM with great bass reproduction that still feels well balanced. Listening to them reminds me more of listening to a CD on a digital amplifier.

 

These are both great budget IEM’s  and while the VSD3S come across as the better all rounder I still feel  that the B3’s are the best with the “right” kind of music (just take a listen to Amber Rubart’s “Sessions from the 17’th Wards” binaural recording with them and you’ll see what I mean, epic). I do, however, think that the VSD3S will be preferred by most people due to their fuller sound and more instant wow factor. The fact that you don’t need an amp to enjoy them will also make them more appealing to most people.

 

Ever since I’ve got the Havi B3Pro 1 about half a year ago I’ve been looking for the perfect supplement to them for all kind of music played straight from my phone and tried out A LOT of different IEM’s without feeling that they’ve satisfied me but now I’ve finally found it.

 

Please take this for what is: one man’s opinion from one man’s perspective and preferences.

post #1176 of 2943
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

VSD3S vs Havi B3Pro 1
Here’s my not so short take on these two fabulous budget IEM’s:

Introduction:
I won’t elaborate much on the built of these two since they’re pretty similar in style, fit and built quality. They both offers nice cables, solid plastic housings, great comfort and next to no microphonics due to over the ear styling. The big difference is of course the removable cable on the VSD3S which is a really nice feature and added value. 

They both offer at least average isolation (tip dependent).

Accessories are also pretty basic on both but it might be worth mentioning that it took much longer time for me to find the right tips for the B3’s than it did with the VSD3S. I’m using Philips Fidelio S2 tips on the B3’s and stock biflange tips on the Vsonics.

Another important thing is that the B3’s really needs an amp to show their true potential while the Vsonics are much easier to drive.
This comparison was made with a mix of FLAC ripped CD’s, high resolution FLAC and 320kbs MP3’s listening through the uDac2 which I find to work well with both IEM’s.

For those who care the VSD3S has about 30 hours on it while the B3’s got hundreds of hours of use.

Sound:
The Havi B3’s offers an exceptional soundstage in both width and depth and has very good instrument separation.  It’s actually stupidly good in these areas and though the VSD3S also offers very good soundstage depth and width it lags a bit behind in separation.  I think this it’s mainly due to the fact that they offer a much fuller sound with more mid bass than the B3’s. The voice reproduction on the B3’s is the most natural I’ve ever heard in any IEM and again while the Vsonics are very good they don’t quiet sound as natural as the B3’s. 

Listening to music like Beck, Peter Malick Group feat. Norah Jones, Cowboy Junkies , Ane Brun, Passengers etc. really brings out the best in the B3’s and I think they outperform the VSD3S here.  That does not mean that the Vsonics is not good in these areas, it’s just that the B3’s are even better.

(Fun Fact 1: Listening to Cowboy Junkies “Blacked Eyed Man) on the B3’s during this comparison I suddenly realized I’ve listened to several tracks for pure enjoyment and forgotten all about what I was doing. That kind of says it all about the Havi’s with this kind of music to me.)

My main (and possible only) grip with the B3’s is the lack of bass. The bass it does offer have great control and there’s zero bass bleed.  It does however offer decent sub bass but I would have preferred that they’d been able to go even deeper and had a bit more impact.   The VSD3S on the other hand gives me the impact that I miss with the B3’s. 

When listening to Robyn, Daft Punk, Infected Mushroom, Pharrell Williams and my beloved Depeche Mode the B3’s sounds too thin and the lack of bass impact is obvious. The Vsonics on the other hand make listening to this kind of music pure enjoyment.  It fuller sound really comes in handy and I’m not missing any bass at all (please note that I’m the kind of guy that find the Q701 to have a great bass in both quality and quantity). As a matter of fact on some tracks I find the bass to be on the verge of boomy and a tiny bit slow but in all I’d say that they offer pretty much the ideal bass quantity for my liking and also very good bass quality.

(Fun Fact 2: Listening to Depeche Mode “Construction Time Again” on the VSD3S during this comparison I suddenly realized I’ve listened to several tracks for pure enjoyment and forgotten all about what I was doing. That kind of says it all about the Vsonics with this kind of music to me.)

Listening to “classic rock” like Eagles, Doors, REM, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits etc. the natural voices,  excellent separation and huge soundstage of the B3’s excels again and the slight lack of bass impact are easily forgiven. Moving up to more heavy stuff like Metallica, Alice In Chains, Celldweller, Nirvana and even Foo Fighters the extra weight in the sound that the VSD3S offers comes in very handy and makes the difference from enjoying it with the B3’s to go head banging with the Vsonics.

Summing it all up:
The overall sound of the Havi B3Pro1 is organic and natural. They’re very well balanced and lack a bit of bass impact. Listening to music on them reminds me of listening to vinyl through a tube amp.

The Vsonic VSD3S is a full sounding IEM with great bass reproduction that still feels well balanced. Listening to them reminds me more of listening to a CD on a digital amplifier.

These are both great budget IEM’s  and while the VSD3S come across as the better all rounder I still feel  that the B3’s are the best with the “right” kind of music (just take a listen to Amber Rubart’s “Sessions from the 17’th Wards” binaural recording with them and you’ll see what I mean, epic). I do, however, think that the VSD3S will be preferred by most people due to their fuller sound and more instant wow factor. The fact that you don’t need an amp to enjoy them will also make them more appealing to most people.

Ever since I’ve got the Havi B3Pro 1 about half a year ago I’ve been looking for the perfect supplement to them for all kind of music played straight from my phone and tried out A LOT of different IEM’s without feeling that they’ve satisfied me but now I’ve finally found it.

Please take this for what is: one man’s opinion from one man’s perspective and preferences.

Yes like I said i knew it. Thx fir the first 30hr impressions and lets see after a 100 hrs period.
post #1177 of 2943
And same,some little surprise(a very minute weightage maybe?) I reckon from dweaver against his ue600.....wink.gif
post #1178 of 2943

Does the VSD3S scale well with EQ and/or bass boost?

post #1179 of 2943
No BB needed........has enough.
post #1180 of 2943

And i still can`t track mine in my local postal service web site :mad:

 

"Correios" (Local posta service) is a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! :deadhorse:

Meanwhile the hype is getting even bigger :beerchug: 

post #1181 of 2943

Very nice detailed impressions Peter. Seems you really know what your hearing. If I'm not mistaken you were one of those that preferred the Tenores to the Ostrys. The B3 Havi needs an amp to perform at its full potential and that is the deterrent factor for me.



Quick question. Do you prefer the vsd3s or Ostry KC06?


Edited by SyedZ2ez4 - 6/25/14 at 8:20am
post #1182 of 2943
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

VSD3S vs Havi B3Pro 1
Here’s my not so short take on these two fabulous budget IEM’s:

Introduction:
I won’t elaborate much on the built of these two since they’re pretty similar in style, fit and built quality. They both offers nice cables, solid plastic housings, great comfort and next to no microphonics due to over the ear styling. The big difference is of course the removable cable on the VSD3S which is a really nice feature and added value. 

They both offer at least average isolation (tip dependent).

Accessories are also pretty basic on both but it might be worth mentioning that it took much longer time for me to find the right tips for the B3’s than it did with the VSD3S. I’m using Philips Fidelio S2 tips on the B3’s and stock biflange tips on the Vsonics.

Another important thing is that the B3’s really needs an amp to show their true potential while the Vsonics are much easier to drive.
This comparison was made with a mix of FLAC ripped CD’s, high resolution FLAC and 320kbs MP3’s listening through the uDac2 which I find to work well with both IEM’s.

For those who care the VSD3S has about 30 hours on it while the B3’s got hundreds of hours of use.

Sound:
The Havi B3’s offers an exceptional soundstage in both width and depth and has very good instrument separation.  It’s actually stupidly good in these areas and though the VSD3S also offers very good soundstage depth and width it lags a bit behind in separation.  I think this it’s mainly due to the fact that they offer a much fuller sound with more mid bass than the B3’s. The voice reproduction on the B3’s is the most natural I’ve ever heard in any IEM and again while the Vsonics are very good they don’t quiet sound as natural as the B3’s. 

Listening to music like Beck, Peter Malick Group feat. Norah Jones, Cowboy Junkies , Ane Brun, Passengers etc. really brings out the best in the B3’s and I think they outperform the VSD3S here.  That does not mean that the Vsonics is not good in these areas, it’s just that the B3’s are even better.

(Fun Fact 1: Listening to Cowboy Junkies “Blacked Eyed Man) on the B3’s during this comparison I suddenly realized I’ve listened to several tracks for pure enjoyment and forgotten all about what I was doing. That kind of says it all about the Havi’s with this kind of music to me.)

My main (and possible only) grip with the B3’s is the lack of bass. The bass it does offer have great control and there’s zero bass bleed.  It does however offer decent sub bass but I would have preferred that they’d been able to go even deeper and had a bit more impact.   The VSD3S on the other hand gives me the impact that I miss with the B3’s. 

When listening to Robyn, Daft Punk, Infected Mushroom, Pharrell Williams and my beloved Depeche Mode the B3’s sounds too thin and the lack of bass impact is obvious. The Vsonics on the other hand make listening to this kind of music pure enjoyment.  It fuller sound really comes in handy and I’m not missing any bass at all (please note that I’m the kind of guy that find the Q701 to have a great bass in both quality and quantity). As a matter of fact on some tracks I find the bass to be on the verge of boomy and a tiny bit slow but in all I’d say that they offer pretty much the ideal bass quantity for my liking and also very good bass quality.

(Fun Fact 2: Listening to Depeche Mode “Construction Time Again” on the VSD3S during this comparison I suddenly realized I’ve listened to several tracks for pure enjoyment and forgotten all about what I was doing. That kind of says it all about the Vsonics with this kind of music to me.)

Listening to “classic rock” like Eagles, Doors, REM, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits etc. the natural voices,  excellent separation and huge soundstage of the B3’s excels again and the slight lack of bass impact are easily forgiven. Moving up to more heavy stuff like Metallica, Alice In Chains, Celldweller, Nirvana and even Foo Fighters the extra weight in the sound that the VSD3S offers comes in very handy and makes the difference from enjoying it with the B3’s to go head banging with the Vsonics.

Summing it all up:
The overall sound of the Havi B3Pro1 is organic and natural. They’re very well balanced and lack a bit of bass impact. Listening to music on them reminds me of listening to vinyl through a tube amp.

The Vsonic VSD3S is a full sounding IEM with great bass reproduction that still feels well balanced. Listening to them reminds me more of listening to a CD on a digital amplifier.

These are both great budget IEM’s  and while the VSD3S come across as the better all rounder I still feel  that the B3’s are the best with the “right” kind of music (just take a listen to Amber Rubart’s “Sessions from the 17’th Wards” binaural recording with them and you’ll see what I mean, epic). I do, however, think that the VSD3S will be preferred by most people due to their fuller sound and more instant wow factor. The fact that you don’t need an amp to enjoy them will also make them more appealing to most people.

Ever since I’ve got the Havi B3Pro 1 about half a year ago I’ve been looking for the perfect supplement to them for all kind of music played straight from my phone and tried out A LOT of different IEM’s without feeling that they’ve satisfied me but now I’ve finally found it.

Please take this for what is: one man’s opinion from one man’s perspective and preferences.
Nice and interesting comparison! Appreciate it! 😊
post #1183 of 2943

I don't have the B3-Pro I, but I really dug the review anyway.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by SyedZ2ez4 View Post
Quick question. Do you prefer the vsd3s or Ostry KC06?

I can't speak for Peter, but he mentioned preferring the VSD3S to the Tenore, Ostry, and VSD1. I'd like to hear what he thinks, sonically, of the 3S compared to the KC06 and VSD1 if he has some extra time on his hands. 

post #1184 of 2943
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyedZ2ez4 View Post
 

Very nice detailed impressions Peter. Seems you really know what your hearing. If I'm not mistaken you were one of those that preferred the Tenores to the Ostrys. The B3 Havi needs an amp to perform at its full potential and that is the deterrent factor for me.

 

Quick question. Do you prefer the vsd3s or Ostry KC06?

Thanks SyedZ2ez4 :beerchug:

 

You're right, I do prefer the Tenores to the Ostrys. The Ostry's don't bring out the magic for me so to me the VSD3S are way more enjoyable. Actually I find the Vsonic's to be more enjoyable than the Tenores as well.

post #1185 of 2943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post


Hmm.....surprised to see ue600 perorm the level above those.......And dbeaver also stated that he is very confident and doubt that vsd3s outperform his ue600. All I knew was UE700 was top notch next to tf10 that time.

Well, its showtime baby. Im beleiving that B3 will be edgy! It has nice shiny gorilla face plate(build),easy to re-cable,dual micro drivers and sound is of audiophile grade.....but let's see.

 

they are easy to recable ? tell me more

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)