Nice! will be good to hear some other feedback. After spending a few months with the HD600's and letting my ears get attuned to them I have to say now I can spot some differences in other sets of cans. I went into a local store and tried out the DT990's and can now see what people mean by how bright it is. Still enjoyed them though!
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 6/22/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 6/22/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 6/22/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 6/22/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 6/22/13
Related Forum Threads
- Denon AH-D2000, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm, Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm, AKG Q701, used... Last post on 12/6/12 at 11:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- I want to make my own DT880/DT990/DT770 earpad replacements. Who else wants to do this with me? Last post on 10/9/13 at 8:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs DT1350 VS DT880 Last post on 9/6/13 at 6:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- 2nd PRICE DROP: Beyerdynamic DT880 / DT990 OBO Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD598 + Ultrasone Hfi-780 for your Beyerdynamic Dt880 or Dt990 Last post on 7/27/13 at 1:08pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
This is not a review, just my simple impression of Grado SR80e. I purchased SR80e and listened to them... what a hell is going on...lol..at this price point...sounds great...I am now a fan boy of...
Aune B1 portable headphone amplifier Review [[SPOILER]] Intro: Focusing on achieving high quality sound at a competitive price point while utilizing premium materials and uniquely eye-catching...
Ok i'll just jump straight to the point, should you buy this? Absolutely Not . Here's why; - It's a screen-less shuffle style player, obviously not intended to compete with the screened DAP...
New cans, Senn HD600, DT990 vs Dt880 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Glad you found a headphone that worked out for you.
I've owned the HE-400 as well as the DT-990. I guess it doesn't matter for you now, but for other people reading this thread and trying to decide between the two, my basic opinion is that the two are fairly similar in general signature (both have emphasis on bass and treble) and that the HE-400 is significantly better-- the DT-990 will give you slightly more bass quantity (not quality) than the HE-400 as well as slightly more natural mids. For everything else (most notably, bass slam, bass texture, bass extension, overall detail, layering, imaging, and speed), the HE-400 walks all over the DT-990. Non-sonically, the HE-400 is also around twice as heavy as the DT-990. I found the HE-400 perfectly comfortable but it is a major problem for some people.
- New cans, Senn HD600, DT990 vs Dt880
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Headphones you regretted buying the most 5 seconds ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 56 seconds ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware 3 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 4 minutes ago
- › Gilmore Lite + PSU and Cables. 5 minutes ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 5 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 5 minutes ago
- › LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 9 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 11 minutes ago
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2