Nice! will be good to hear some other feedback. After spending a few months with the HD600's and letting my ears get attuned to them I have to say now I can spot some differences in other sets of cans. I went into a local store and tried out the DT990's and can now see what people mean by how bright it is. Still enjoyed them though!
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 6/22/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT880Stagged by System, 6/22/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 6/22/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 6/22/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/13
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 6/22/13
Related Forum Threads
- Denon AH-D2000, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm, Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm, AKG Q701, used... Last post on 12/6/12 at 11:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- I want to make my own DT880/DT990/DT770 earpad replacements. Who else wants to do this with me? Last post on 10/9/13 at 8:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs DT1350 VS DT880 Last post on 9/6/13 at 6:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- 2nd PRICE DROP: Beyerdynamic DT880 / DT990 OBO Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- HD598 + Ultrasone Hfi-780 for your Beyerdynamic Dt880 or Dt990 Last post on 7/27/13 at 1:08pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
New cans, Senn HD600, DT990 vs Dt880 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Glad you found a headphone that worked out for you.
I've owned the HE-400 as well as the DT-990. I guess it doesn't matter for you now, but for other people reading this thread and trying to decide between the two, my basic opinion is that the two are fairly similar in general signature (both have emphasis on bass and treble) and that the HE-400 is significantly better-- the DT-990 will give you slightly more bass quantity (not quality) than the HE-400 as well as slightly more natural mids. For everything else (most notably, bass slam, bass texture, bass extension, overall detail, layering, imaging, and speed), the HE-400 walks all over the DT-990. Non-sonically, the HE-400 is also around twice as heavy as the DT-990. I found the HE-400 perfectly comfortable but it is a major problem for some people.
- New cans, Senn HD600, DT990 vs Dt880
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 29 seconds ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu , Hifiman , Astrotec , Fidue 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica W3000ANV 5 minutes ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 6 minutes ago
- › New DAPs from HIFIMAN: HM901U and HM802U 7 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 8 minutes ago
- › VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - Zn (formerly Alto) + FORZA -... 8 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3