Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Mission : Defeat Zardak
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mission : Defeat Zardak - Page 8  

post #106 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by zardak View Post
 

Geeez man, obviously i have to be a rhodes scholar to do a review around here, then have it checked by the National Publishing Association for any minuscule inconsistencies before release LOL... ohhh man, you guys are funny. Anyway, Dynamic or Planar, i don't really give a frogs ass what the Abyss headphone is, clearly you don't have an XBOX 360, cause you're resorting to pathetic irrelevant tactics just to give yourself a deluded sense of grandeur.

 

Nice tunnel digging Argyris, but you'll have to do better than that, sigh, i'll have to disappoint you, the first quote about the 440s was from when i was using no amp, very simple explanation. Would you or anyone dare to tell me that the Senn HD 600 or 800 for example sounds superb without an amp? Thought not.

 

While you're at it, i need more than two cents matey, my rent is a lot fuc_king higher than that. Next please.

 

Why would I have an Xbox? PC master race here son! lol

post #107 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyrongatti View Post
 

Rhodes? Please Harvard or Oxford :wink:

 

Sorry, but I gotta say it....:smile:

Quote:
The Rhodes Scholarship, named after Cecil John Rhodes, is an international postgraduate award for selected foreign students to study at the University of Oxford.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodes_Scholarship

post #108 of 117

holy cow batman, ummm, i mean gelocks, i will have to question your hearing buddy boy, and why? Because i can hear A HUGE FU_KING DIFFERENCE between amped and unamped with the 440. Clearly you're not gonna be a mixing or mastering engineer at a local million dollar music studio any time soon.


Edited by zardak - 9/4/13 at 6:23pm
post #109 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by zardak View Post
 

holy cow batman, ummm, i mean gelocks, i will have to question your hearing buddy boy, and why? Because i can hear A HUGE FU_KING DIFFERENCE between amped and unamped with the 440. Clearly you're not got be a mixing or mastering engineer at a local million dollar music studio any time soon.

 

Clearly you are not going to be a diplomat anytime soon either.:rolleyes:

post #110 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post
 

 

Sorry, but I gotta say it....:smile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodes_Scholarship

Well. Its not like I would get a scholarship so I had no idea.......... :tongue:

post #111 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by zardak View Post
 

. Clearly you're not got be a mixing or mastering engineer at a local million dollar music studio any time soon.

What if he lived in Vietnam? A million dollars VND is not a hard task.......... :biggrin:

post #112 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by zardak View Post
 

holy cow batman, ummm, i mean gelocks, i will have to question your hearing buddy boy, and why? Because i can hear A HUGE FU_KING DIFFERENCE between amped and unamped with the 440. Clearly you're not got be a mixing or mastering engineer at a local million dollar music studio any time soon.

 

Nope. Not a mixing or mastering engineer, just a lowly math/computer science guy working Control Systems for an aerospace company... btw... I didn't even know that there were lots of "million dollar music studios" out there with the state of the economy and music industry. It seems you work on one of them? Care to instruct us to one of your magnum opus that you have mixed and/or mastered on one of these million dollar studios? I would love to listen... and if you can't, well, yeah, totally invalid argument! It's invalid anyway but just want to give you the chance since you are "attacking" my ears and lack of capacity for distinguishing characteristics on an amped vs unamped SHURE SRH440!!! I would not say anything if it was something like the Mad Dogs, HD600s, etc... but the Shures!?!... maybe you are creating the changes yourself...

 

Also, a FiiO E12 is making ALL the difference? Yeah... maybe I should steer clear...

 

(I thought I read you had a Fiio E12 or something? Or are you using another amp?)


Edited by gelocks - 9/4/13 at 7:27am
post #113 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by veyrongatti View Post
 

What if he lived in Vietnam? A million dollars VND is not a hard task.......... :biggrin:

 

LOL!!! :D

post #114 of 117

Amps are not magical unicorns that decrapify everything plugged into them and do your laundry and fart rainbows. They're tools, usually intended to supply enough clean current or voltage to models with unusually stiff requirements for one or the other in order to reach volume. Alternately, they're used to add a bit of color to the sound (e.g. tubes). No ~40 ohm, sensitive headphone with a reasonably flat impedance curve is ever going to sound fundamentally different amped vs. unamped. It's certainly not going to go from crap to the food of the gods, or whatever.

 

The SRH440 is quite a good headphone for what it is. I've had mine for over two years and have been quite happy with it. But world beater is isn't. Now nobody would have that much of a problem with a review that said it was, even if it were obvious that the person hadn't heard another headphone to compare (i.e. all those M50 reviews a few years ago from new Head-Fi'ers, for instance). Where we have a problem is:

 

A) Your mischaracterization of the majority of Head-Fi when you continue to say that we're too elitist to accept a good < $100 headphone,

B) your pattern of inconsistency and boundless superlative, likely caused by lack of experience with a given model and/or "new product rush";

C) your habit of making strongly-worded posts in legitimate advice threads, only to post completely contradictory advice in similar threads one month later; and

D) your tactic of retreating into "lecture mode" whenever you're called out on any of the above by attempting to impress us with your alleged professional experience, by calling us names and/or resorting to ad hominem (e.g. "toffee-nosed elitists"*, Xbox), by continuing to assert A), and by complaining that people are picking up on minuscule inconsistencies like the difference between crap and the duck's nuts.

 

I think the biggest issue, however, is E) Your seeming inability to consider that maybe, just maybe, we're calling you out not because we're A) or because we're meanies or jerks or people who have too much time on their hands, but because what you're doing has real consequences for new users, who don't have as much experience as we forum regulars do and thus trust the nuggets they're given in their recommendation threads. We think you're amusing. A guy who buys a $100 headphone on your recommendation that it's the GREATEST THING IN THE HISTORY OF EVAR WITH CHOCOLATE SAUCE ON TOP, ends up not liking it that much, then finds that you've now declared it crap and are on to the next demigod headphone--he's not going to find you amusing at all.

 

And before you say something insensitive like, "Well he shouldn't have just taken somebody's advice on the Internet, the dip!", maybe a better answer would be to not post at all if you don't care what happens to people who read and believe your advice.

 

*Had to look that one up, as we don't have that where I live--fascinating etymology on that phrase, BTW

post #115 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by zardak View Post

Geeez man, obviously i have to be a rhodes scholar to do a review around here, then have it checked by the National Publishing Association for any minuscule inconsistencies before release LOL... ohhh man, you guys are funny. Anyway, Dynamic or Planar, i don't really give a frogs ass what the Abyss headphone is, clearly you don't have an XBOX 360, cause you're resorting to pathetic irrelevant tactics just to give yourself a deluded sense of grandeur.

Nice tunnel digging Argyris, but you'll have to do better than that, sigh, i'll have to disappoint you, the first quote about the 440s was from when i was using no amp, very simple explanation. Would you or anyone dare to tell me that the Senn HD 600 or 800 for example sounds superb without an amp? Thought not.

While you're at it, i need more than two cents matey, my rent is a lot fuc_king higher than that. Next please.

wtf does having an Xbox have to do with this? Having an xbox 360 prevents you from resorting to those said tactics? How? Have you BEEN on xbox live? Those ppl are a LOT cruder than what has been said here. And also, a minuscule inconsistencies,
Quote:
mi·nus·cule
ˈminəˌskyo͞ol,minˈəsˌkyo͞ol
adjective
adjective: miniscule
1.
extremely small; tiny.

would be saying that something is neutral and then later coming out saying it's bright. When you're wholeheartedly dismissing a pair of headphones only to later plant them on a pedastool claiming they are Headphones sent from the Gods... well. Miniscule, that is not.
post #116 of 117

The answer to all this previous posted gibberish (from guys who clearly have too much time on their hands), is that a headphone amp makes more than a minuscule difference. Quite simple really.

 

ummm, next you'll be pointing-out that the phrase "two much time on your hands" is a play on words, and that there is actually no time on hands because it is on our wrist ROFL...


Edited by zardak - 9/4/13 at 6:40pm
post #117 of 117

0.06mw is needed to reach 90dB on the SRH440.

 

Don't think an amp is gonna make that much of a difference.

 

And yes I've heard them both unamp'd and amp'd. (Was using a FiiO E12 too)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Mission : Defeat Zardak