Im sleep on my side. Currently I am looking at Shure se535, are these comfortable enough for sidesleepers? Dynamic driver headphones are too long, I can feel its putting pressure in my ear canal which is very uncomfortable. Balanced armature headphones are usually not as long and much flatter. Has anyone tried to sleep with Shure IEMs? Or is there any other better options? Thanks!!
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 232tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productSE535-CL - Triple High Definition MicroDriver Sound Isolating In Ear Earphones - Cleartagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productShure SE215tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
Related Forum Threads
- Moving up from se215.. se425 vs se535 on iphone 4 Last post on 12/7/14 at 7:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me cure my represed bass adiction. IEM and bassboost needed. Anyone with newer sony walkman... Last post on 6/29/14 at 5:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE215 Special Edition Upgrade Last post on 4/29/14 at 2:47am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Suggestion needed: Headphones to block out music and female screams Last post on 6/17/13 at 2:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
M6 Pro reviewThe original m6 holds a special place in my heart. It was my first iem purchased after joining Head-fi. It was also my first pair of quality in ear headphones and a stepping stone that...
2 years ago when Fiio X3 came in place, I was so proud to say that it was one the best high quality digital audio player on the market at that time with a very good smooth sound, engaging bass...
They beat my DT 770's. That was enough for me. Everything about them was better. Vocal clarity, soundstage....upfront vocals...beautiful and not just for the price. Under rated... people don't...
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
TTPOD T1E Review Background Be using me Fiio X3 for this review ......fosho' this purple jet pack is one sexy lookin' IEM .....housing is big but could be a problem for some with the...
Hello, I am looking for an decent IEM for sleeping, Not willing on spending more than $700
Gear mentioned in this thread:
phonak PFE are by far the most comfortable headphones i've ever worn thus far.
You'll hear the phrase "disappear into my ears" often, but the description has never been more apt for me. And i own custom IEMs.
I also have the 535s and have used them, but prefer to use them when I can enjoy their quality.
I use a pair of URBANEARS iem I got at BESTBUY during Christmas. They are extremely comfortable sliding right into the ear with no abrasive pressure putting them in or out. Its like having soft tissue in your ears that totally blocks out all external sound. The sound quality is amazing with very clear treble and plenty of stomping bass. I use a Sansa Fuze with them whenever am out and about.
You can also get them at AMAZON-
I use a pair of URBANEARS iem I got at BESTBUY during Christmas. They are extremely comfortable sliding right into the ear with no abrasive pressure putting them in or out. Its like having soft tissue in your ears that totally blocks out all external sound. The sound quality is amazing with very clear treble and plenty of stomping bass.
amazing? they are better than stock headphones that come shipped with many smartphones (maybe excluding beats audio). In any case, almost any > $40 iem from vsonic or brainwavz leaves is in another league.
I have a pair of Shure SE535, but find them a bit large for sleeping. My favorite IEMs for sleeping are Westone UM1. They sound very good and balanced for the price, and they are tiny and lay flat within my ears.
Am just going by what my ears hear and to me they sound great. I have some ninety dollar Shure SE115-K iems I brought a year before getting these and I prefer the Urbanears with their much more full sound then I do the Shure with its no bass audio and discomfort. Am not a big iem person and use them mostly when am outside but I have noticed the excellent isolation of the Urbanears which has made me wonder what else is out there. Still I have to watch out for upgradititis and be happy with what is satisfying me. Thanks for the input axw. :D
- Hello, I am looking for an decent IEM for sleeping, Not willing on spending more than $700
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 39 seconds ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 1 minute ago
- › The new Sansui SS-100 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones... 3 minutes ago
- › Schitt Fulla lives up to its name - is not found in Windows 7 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by indieman
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by kytuphicanh
- › Takstar Pro 80 by alphaproject
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2