Im sleep on my side. Currently I am looking at Shure se535, are these comfortable enough for sidesleepers? Dynamic driver headphones are too long, I can feel its putting pressure in my ear canal which is very uncomfortable. Balanced armature headphones are usually not as long and much flatter. Has anyone tried to sleep with Shure IEMs? Or is there any other better options? Thanks!!
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 232tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productSE535-CL - Triple High Definition MicroDriver Sound Isolating In Ear Earphones - Cleartagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productShure SE215tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
Related Forum Threads
- Moving up from se215.. se425 vs se535 on iphone 4 Last post on 12/7/14 at 7:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me cure my represed bass adiction. IEM and bassboost needed. Anyone with newer sony walkman... Last post on 6/29/14 at 5:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE215 Special Edition Upgrade Last post on 4/29/14 at 2:47am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Suggestion needed: Headphones to block out music and female screams Last post on 6/17/13 at 2:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
So i bought the DT 880 250 Ohm Pro model. I also have KEf m200 in ears, a pair of AKG k450. I owned Audio Technica m30, Sennheiser Momentum on ear and Beyerdynamic dt 770 80 Ohm. The difference is...
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
Hello, I am looking for an decent IEM for sleeping, Not willing on spending more than $700
Gear mentioned in this thread:
phonak PFE are by far the most comfortable headphones i've ever worn thus far.
You'll hear the phrase "disappear into my ears" often, but the description has never been more apt for me. And i own custom IEMs.
I also have the 535s and have used them, but prefer to use them when I can enjoy their quality.
I use a pair of URBANEARS iem I got at BESTBUY during Christmas. They are extremely comfortable sliding right into the ear with no abrasive pressure putting them in or out. Its like having soft tissue in your ears that totally blocks out all external sound. The sound quality is amazing with very clear treble and plenty of stomping bass. I use a Sansa Fuze with them whenever am out and about.
You can also get them at AMAZON-
I use a pair of URBANEARS iem I got at BESTBUY during Christmas. They are extremely comfortable sliding right into the ear with no abrasive pressure putting them in or out. Its like having soft tissue in your ears that totally blocks out all external sound. The sound quality is amazing with very clear treble and plenty of stomping bass.
amazing? they are better than stock headphones that come shipped with many smartphones (maybe excluding beats audio). In any case, almost any > $40 iem from vsonic or brainwavz leaves is in another league.
I have a pair of Shure SE535, but find them a bit large for sleeping. My favorite IEMs for sleeping are Westone UM1. They sound very good and balanced for the price, and they are tiny and lay flat within my ears.
Am just going by what my ears hear and to me they sound great. I have some ninety dollar Shure SE115-K iems I brought a year before getting these and I prefer the Urbanears with their much more full sound then I do the Shure with its no bass audio and discomfort. Am not a big iem person and use them mostly when am outside but I have noticed the excellent isolation of the Urbanears which has made me wonder what else is out there. Still I have to watch out for upgradititis and be happy with what is satisfying me. Thanks for the input axw. :D
- Hello, I am looking for an decent IEM for sleeping, Not willing on spending more than $700
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Destiny 1 minute ago
- › Get a Dac or upgrade headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Beyer DT770 Pro/ 80 Detachable cable MOD 2 minutes ago
- › Complete list: headphone measurement websites 2 minutes ago
- › introduction + need a recommendation 3 minutes ago
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player... 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Grado SR125 drivers 4 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2