Im sleep on my side. Currently I am looking at Shure se535, are these comfortable enough for sidesleepers? Dynamic driver headphones are too long, I can feel its putting pressure in my ear canal which is very uncomfortable. Balanced armature headphones are usually not as long and much flatter. Has anyone tried to sleep with Shure IEMs? Or is there any other better options? Thanks!!
- productPhonak Audéo PFE 232tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productSE535-CL - Triple High Definition MicroDriver Sound Isolating In Ear Earphones - Cleartagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
- productShure SE215tagged by nightmancometh, 1/21/15
Related Forum Threads
- Moving up from se215.. se425 vs se535 on iphone 4 Last post on 12/7/14 at 7:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me cure my represed bass adiction. IEM and bassboost needed. Anyone with newer sony walkman... Last post on 6/29/14 at 5:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE215 Special Edition Upgrade Last post on 4/29/14 at 2:47am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Suggestion needed: Headphones to block out music and female screams Last post on 6/17/13 at 2:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
Hello, I am looking for an decent IEM for sleeping, Not willing on spending more than $700
Gear mentioned in this thread:
phonak PFE are by far the most comfortable headphones i've ever worn thus far.
You'll hear the phrase "disappear into my ears" often, but the description has never been more apt for me. And i own custom IEMs.
I also have the 535s and have used them, but prefer to use them when I can enjoy their quality.
I use a pair of URBANEARS iem I got at BESTBUY during Christmas. They are extremely comfortable sliding right into the ear with no abrasive pressure putting them in or out. Its like having soft tissue in your ears that totally blocks out all external sound. The sound quality is amazing with very clear treble and plenty of stomping bass. I use a Sansa Fuze with them whenever am out and about.
You can also get them at AMAZON-
I use a pair of URBANEARS iem I got at BESTBUY during Christmas. They are extremely comfortable sliding right into the ear with no abrasive pressure putting them in or out. Its like having soft tissue in your ears that totally blocks out all external sound. The sound quality is amazing with very clear treble and plenty of stomping bass.
amazing? they are better than stock headphones that come shipped with many smartphones (maybe excluding beats audio). In any case, almost any > $40 iem from vsonic or brainwavz leaves is in another league.
I have a pair of Shure SE535, but find them a bit large for sleeping. My favorite IEMs for sleeping are Westone UM1. They sound very good and balanced for the price, and they are tiny and lay flat within my ears.
Am just going by what my ears hear and to me they sound great. I have some ninety dollar Shure SE115-K iems I brought a year before getting these and I prefer the Urbanears with their much more full sound then I do the Shure with its no bass audio and discomfort. Am not a big iem person and use them mostly when am outside but I have noticed the excellent isolation of the Urbanears which has made me wonder what else is out there. Still I have to watch out for upgradititis and be happy with what is satisfying me. Thanks for the input axw. :D
- Hello, I am looking for an decent IEM for sleeping, Not willing on spending more than $700
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 3 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 11 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 43 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 7 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 7 minutes ago
- › FS: Audeze PlusSound Custom Cable 4 Feet 9 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 10 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3