Hello all, I am new to this forum and seek help/advice to select a good headphone amp.
To help you help me, here is some info:
- I am using a DT990 Edition 250 Ohms, and an AKG 701
- I will be using these mostly with my desktop pc with a Asus Xonar Essence STX soundcard.
- I listen mostly to: classical music/ pop / jazz.
- If possible, I do not want a headphone amp that colors the sound to much, I like a more clean sound.
- my budget is up to $500
- Q: do I need a separate DAC?
- Q: this is optional, but if I should want to use my headphone through a laptop, what will I need to purchase extra?
In general, a USB port is just lousy, so how to solve this the easiest way?
Please let me know if you need more info and thank you in advance.