Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › "Very Best" DJ Headphone <$500?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Very Best" DJ Headphone <$500? - Page 6

Poll Results: Best DJ Headphones Quality + Comfort <$500

 
  • 6% (3)
    Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
  • 2% (1)
    Allen & Heath XD2-53
  • 12% (6)
    Pioneer HDJ-2000
  • 26% (13)
    V-Moda Cross Fade M-100
  • 44% (22)
    Senheisser HD-25 II
  • 10% (5)
    Other (please specify below)
50 Total Votes  
post #76 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post
 

 

1) Haven't heard this one

2) I believe it's the same as the Audio Technica Pro700 (mk1). Plenty of reviews around on that one.

3) I've heard an Ortofon DJ headphone which was apprently a rebadged Ultrasone DJ1. It... wasn't a good experience.

 

Thanks for the opinions.

 

I'm a huge fan of the DJ1/HFI 580. However, I have yet to hear the DJ1 PRO, but they look really classy.

 

I see that you also have the Amperiors. How would they compare in a shootout with the HDJ 2000? I've only had very limited listening time with the Amperiors, but I was fairly impressed with the HD 25-1 II. How different are the 2?

post #77 of 90

Here are two reviews of mine with the HDJ-2000...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/512762/review-comparison-shure-srh-840-audio-technica-ath-m50-m-audio-studiophile-q40-pioneer-hdj-2000

http://www.head-fi.org/t/574617/review-comparison-beyerdynamic-dt1350-t50p-sennheiser-hd25-1-ii-hd25-13-ii-pioneer-hdj-2000-v-moda-m80-aiaiai-tma-1

 

The second link has an HD25-1-ii which is pretty similar to the Amperior and you can draw comparisons from there. The amperior is easier to drive and has a bassier sound, but is fairly similar in the rest.

post #78 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post
 

Here are two reviews of mine with the HDJ-2000...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/512762/review-comparison-shure-srh-840-audio-technica-ath-m50-m-audio-studiophile-q40-pioneer-hdj-2000

http://www.head-fi.org/t/574617/review-comparison-beyerdynamic-dt1350-t50p-sennheiser-hd25-1-ii-hd25-13-ii-pioneer-hdj-2000-v-moda-m80-aiaiai-tma-1

 

The second link has an HD25-1-ii which is pretty similar to the Amperior and you can draw comparisons from there. The amperior is easier to drive and has a bassier sound, but is fairly similar in the rest.

 

That was an especially interesting read, especially with your comparison between the M50, Q40, SRH840 and the HDJ 2000.

 

I have the M50, HDJ 2000, have heard the Shure cans, but I have never auditioned the Q40 before.

 

In your review thread, your M50 was listed as somewhat bassy, even more so than the HDJ 2000. I believe you may have the bassier version of the M50 - mine is quite lacking in the low end, and even the HDJ 2000's mild bass hump  still comes about as having more presence and punch. Nevertheless, it is an excellent shootout. I'm very intrigued with the Q40, which is quite highly recommended by many bassheads. Suffice to say, it is definitely not one of the more well known DJ cans out there.

 

Anyway, I'm still reading through your 2nd comparison thread, but so far, your comments on the cans that I've heard/owned are quite spot on (M-80, TMA-1, HDJ 2000, HD 25-1).

 

Thanks!

 

Btw, are you a DJ?

post #79 of 90

This thread made me feel better about my recent Sennheiser HD25-1 II purchase. 

post #80 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post
 

 

That was an especially interesting read, especially with your comparison between the M50, Q40, SRH840 and the HDJ 2000.

 

I have the M50, HDJ 2000, have heard the Shure cans, but I have never auditioned the Q40 before.

 

...

 

 

Btw, are you a DJ?

 

I believe the Q40 is now discontinued, so if you're interested in hearing one you should find one soon before they've run out. I think there's a replacement coming out, but who knows what that will sound like.

 

I'm an amateur DJ, but not for typical club music. I do swing/ballroom/salsa/tango/blues/etc.

post #81 of 90

I had pair of 25-HD's from since 1998 and last year a faulty synthesizer blew up both if the drivers of my trusty Sennheisers. So, I started looking for a new pair of DJ-headphones and bought V-MODA M-100's and I'm in a mixed mind about these. I feel that the noise isolation is somewhat lacking and I need to crank up the volume to be able to use these in a loud club environment. Anyone else agrees on this? Is it because of the vents on the earcups that let noise leak in? I like the sound but the noise isolation has started me to seek for perhaps a replacement. Anyone has any DJ experience on the AIAIAI-TMA-1's? Especially the noise isolation in club environment is of great interest to me. Or perhaps I just buy new drivers for my Sennheisers and rock on another 20-ish years.

post #82 of 90
Hd25 ears up the m100 ANYDAY. I felt exactly the same way. You most likely won't like the tma's either. Try pro700mk2's if you are looking for what the m100 couldn't do as a dj headphone. Gets plenty loud with good midbass impact for beatmatching. If you are up for it, check out the new sennheiser's. The hd 6,7, or 8 dj line. Supposed to be their current totl dj headphone.
post #83 of 90

There's also the HD26 these days. Or try and get your hands on the HD25-13 which is the 600 ohm version (alternatively you can also order the 600 ohm capsules separately... part #542122, and they're about $60/each).

 

I wasn't a fan of the M100. It can't touch the HD25 for isolation, and the sound was really odd to my ears. The TMA-1 is lousy and one-note. Check my profile for a comparison of various DJ-ish headphones.

 

My goto is still the Pioneer HDJ-2000. Great sound, but the isolation isn't up to the HD25 either.

post #84 of 90
I've heard plenty of bad things about HDJ-2000 durability, are those things in the past? How would you compare the isolation between Pioneer and V-MODA? Thanks!
post #85 of 90

I've had mine since they were released and haven't had any durability issues, and that includes light use as a DJ over the years. I'm pretty careful with my gear though. Isolation is better than the V-modas, but neither is worth writing home about.

post #86 of 90

Thanks a lot. Now I just need to wait for some reviews on the new Sennheiser DJ-headphones before making my decision. The Pioneer is insanely pricey in Europe and wouldn't want to spend that much cash on a product that immediately breaks.:basshead:

post #87 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
 

Thanks a lot. Now I just need to wait for some reviews on the new Sennheiser DJ-headphones before making my decision. The Pioneer is insanely pricey in Europe and wouldn't want to spend that much cash on a product that immediately breaks.:basshead:

 

The HDJ-2000 is generally well built, but I've never had a lot of faith in its joints. Still, it's a pretty good DJ headphone, albeit a very expensive one.

post #88 of 90
I'm going to go ahead and say that the Sennnheiser HD8 is probably the most amazing DJ headphone I have ever used. I cannot imagine anything else better for DJ use than this at the moment.
post #89 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post

I'm going to go ahead and say that the Sennnheiser HD8 is probably the most amazing DJ headphone I have ever used. I cannot imagine anything else better for DJ use than this at the moment.

most expensive dj headphones i've seen is the ultrasone signature dj's at $1000. ...real ethiopian sheepskin leather brah.

post #90 of 90

Tough question. I've owned these: MDRV700, ATHPRO700, HDJ2000, TMA-1, DN-HP1000, RP-DH1200, HD25-1 II, K267, and XD-53. Broke them all during gigs.

 

Favorite set was the TMA-1 dj. Lightest, least ear fatigue, replaceable lead, and fairly durable. Problems were the highs, isolation, and headband. I used the TMA-1 studio ear pads for better isolation.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › "Very Best" DJ Headphone <$500?