or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Review: ZMF Modified Fostex T50RP. Superb!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: ZMF Modified Fostex T50RP. Superb! - Page 47

post #691 of 807

With HM5 pads they were pretty good. About on par with the K271, and much better than the W1000X.

post #692 of 807
The ZMF had good isolation. The Vibro had slightly better isolation, though it was somewhat dependent in how many bass ports were open, as I recall.

And about the amp/DAC combo, I can heartily recommend the E18 as a good performer at a very reasonable price. I love mine! It's an even-handed, maybe slightly warm, but quite clear, musical option. And just killer for the price.
post #693 of 807
I must admit, the Vibro looks like something I'd love to give a listen.
post #694 of 807

I've sold most of my headphones because I couldn't take how much of a downgrade my other gear was compared to the Vibro.

post #695 of 807
^That review is taking too long.biggrin.gif
post #696 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post

^That review is taking too long.biggrin.gif

 

:wink: Patience. 

post #697 of 807

I wish I had a professional camera to do them justice!!

 

I know everyone wont like candy orange but thats easily the best color I have seen on a headphone(totally my opinion)

post #698 of 807

Okay - Shure Alcantara 1540 pads on HE-500 = GOOD MATCH!  Really good imaging and smooth soundstage and cohesiveness.  Will do more listening and compare to other pads and prob post about them in the HE-500 thread in a few days.

ZMF Headphones creates custom orthodynamic headphones. By implementing wood cups, high production tolerances, and truly american handmade quality,...
Reply
post #699 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach915m View Post
 

Okay - Shure Alcantara 1540 pads on HE-500 = GOOD MATCH!  Really good imaging and smooth soundstage and cohesiveness.  Will do more listening and compare to other pads and prob post about them in the HE-500 thread in a few days.

woot!!! time to buy a pair for my he-6 too(I need two pairs lol). I was just afraid the wouldnt fit and the ZMF v.1 has something to hold them on sturdy so I wont fiddle with it!.

post #700 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

woot!!! time to buy a pair for my he-6 too(I need two pairs lol). I was just afraid the wouldnt fit and the ZMF v.1 has something to hold them on sturdy so I wont fiddle with it!.


It's actually a rather easy fit on the plastic ring.  I thought it wouldn't work in theory but in practice it's one of the easier pads to get on. 

ZMF Headphones creates custom orthodynamic headphones. By implementing wood cups, high production tolerances, and truly american handmade quality,...
Reply
post #701 of 807

Nice pics grizzly...

post #702 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

I wish I had a professional camera to do them justice!!

 

I know everyone wont like candy orange but thats easily the best color I have seen on a headphone(totally my opinion)

 

Wait, so those are the ZMF x Vibro?!

Is it still plastic enclosure? Wasn't it supposed to be wood?

(or am I looking at your V1? ;))

post #703 of 807

Yeah those are the V1's. The Vibros are most definitely wood.

post #704 of 807
Those orange, shure pads make quite a statement! Maybe a little loud for some, but I think they look nice.
post #705 of 807
Quite a good color, one of these days I'll look into giving the ZMF a try
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Review: ZMF Modified Fostex T50RP. Superb!