or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Review: ZMF Modified Fostex T50RP. Superb!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: ZMF Modified Fostex T50RP. Superb! - Page 46

post #676 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyangel117 View Post
 

My friend said we is willing to give me his schiit mjolnir for free, so I'm pretty stoked.

HAHA!  Go get that Mjolnir before he changes his mind!!!!!!!!!

ZMF Headphones creates custom orthodynamic headphones. By implementing wood cups, high production tolerances, and truly american handmade quality,...
Reply
post #677 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach915m View Post
 

HAHA!  Go get that Mjolnir before he changes his mind!!!!!!!!!

It's on the way from his house. He just texted me saying he's coming to drop it off :D. But I still want a portable amp. Like I said, I'm thinking the Fiio E12. Also, as the creator of the ZMF's, would you recommend an amp/DAC combo, or is just an amp fine? Would you recommend a good portable amp/DAC combo that pairs well with the ZMF V1's? Also, the re-jack looks nice, and I'm thinking of getting that one. What kind changes does the re-jack cause?

post #678 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

That is all you need!!!!! Actually more than you need. 

 

I would get a good dac and the fiio 12 and call it a day.

 

Do you know a good DAC? A portable one would be preferred if you know of one.

post #679 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyangel117 View Post
 

It's on the way from his house. He just texted me saying he's coming to drop it off :D. But I still want a portable amp. Like I said, I'm thinking the Fiio E12. Also, as the creator of the ZMF's, would you recommend an amp/DAC combo, or is just an amp fine? Would you recommend a good portable amp/DAC combo that pairs well with the ZMF V1's? Also, the re-jack looks nice, and I'm thinking of getting that one. What kind changes does the re-jack cause?

 

A great inexpensive set-up is the E12 and IPOD Classic with an LOD.  I'll let other head-fier's answer the other questions here, please email me off forum for all ZMF related questions etc.  Easiest to use the "Contact Us" page on the website.


Edited by zach915m - 5/29/14 at 1:03pm
ZMF Headphones creates custom orthodynamic headphones. By implementing wood cups, high production tolerances, and truly american handmade quality,...
Reply
post #680 of 807
E12 sounded great with the planars I tried it with. Honestly, that's all you need, as Zach said! I personally really like the FiiO stuff. The Mjolnir should be overkill, but be sure you're using a completely balanced setup! And adapter won't work.
post #681 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon View Post




thanks both of you for sharing your experience. im still not set on which one I should get... I don't really mind the price difference between the zmf and he500 and I don't think I need the isolation of a closed back, my worry is if I will find the he500 fatiguing in sound and uncomfortable to wear.

I would personally take the Vibro, enjoyable sound, super comfy, not fatiguing at all. There's also the HE-560 which is a lighter, less fatiguing headphone. Very different though, and some quality issues. Plus at that price point, it's Audeze and Oppo etc. again though, between these two is take the Vibro over the HE500, and the HE-500 over the V1 or V2. Hope that helps!
post #682 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyangel117 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post

 
That is all you need!!!!! Actually more than you need. 

I would get a good dac and the fiio 12 and call it a day.

Do you know a good DAC? A portable one would be preferred if you know of one.
I was referring to that mjlinth amp ur bud will give u... That finding a good dac for that and never worrying about an amp for a while. Along with the fiio as a portable is good. A good portable dac is the odac. I prefer it over the modi for sure.

I wish I knew if that c5d was powerful enough because its a dac/amp and recommended as the best in its price range.
post #683 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePianoMan View Post


I would personally take the Vibro, enjoyable sound, super comfy, not fatiguing at all. There's also the HE-560 which is a lighter, less fatiguing headphone. Very different though, and some quality issues. Plus at that price point, it's Audeze and Oppo etc. again though, between these two is take the Vibro over the HE500, and the HE-500 over the V1 or V2. Hope that helps!

 

 

audeze... the lcd2 is by far the most beautiful looking headphone I have ever seen... if its not so expensive... anyway, that helps a lot, thanks!

post #684 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post

I personally find the 500 fatiguing in sound and I can't figure out why. It's not the treble because I have had brighter headphones with sibilance. I get a pain in my ear from it and the he400 but the he6 I don't. It's an anomolly for me.

 

 

that's interesting, drove them all off from the same amp?

post #685 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post

I personally find the 500 fatiguing in sound and I can't figure out why. It's not the treble because I have had brighter headphones with sibilance. I get a pain in my ear from it and the he400 but the he6 I don't. It's an anomolly for me.

Have you tried switching pads at all on your Hifiman's?  I have the Audeze pads on mine right now and quite like them a lot, the Brainwavz HM5 pads work too as do the Alpha Pads.  The Audeze are my favorite. 

 

IIRC the stock pads were a bit more sibilant for me too, the Hifiman pads have a weird stiffness to them that makes them uncomfortable and sharper sounding to my ears.  I have no idea about the new pads on the 400i or 560.

ZMF Headphones creates custom orthodynamic headphones. By implementing wood cups, high production tolerances, and truly american handmade quality,...
Reply
post #686 of 807
^^different amps and this is my second time with them.

I need new pads for sure but I will prob wait until after I get the he6 Candy orange to match my v1.(a while from now for sure)

Have you tried alacantra 1540 pads on the he500? That's a little more affordable
post #687 of 807
I haven't tried the shure pads but that's not a bad idea. Hopefully they fit the he 500, will report back later.
ZMF Headphones creates custom orthodynamic headphones. By implementing wood cups, high production tolerances, and truly american handmade quality,...
Reply
post #688 of 807

How is the isolation on the Vibro or ZMFs in general?  Thanks.

post #689 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonpoint View Post
 

How is the isolation on the Vibro or ZMFs in general?  Thanks.

shure 1540 pads top notch! cant recall the hm5's. 

post #690 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach915m View Post

I haven't tried the shure pads but that's not a bad idea. Hopefully they fit the he 500, will report back later.

please do!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Review: ZMF Modified Fostex T50RP. Superb!