Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I need some help recognizing some headphones from a video! Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Quandry: Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs or ZTH VI - Another Modded T50RP Last post on 1/16/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Fostex T40rp/T50rp ZMF and Mad Dog mods vs DT770 for gaming? Last post on 11/22/13 at 8:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Budget Orthodynamic Headphones? Last post on 10/23/13 at 1:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sold - Fostex T50RP & Mad Dog Headphone Cable For Sale Last post on 9/22/13 at 5:45am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
This is my first audiophile grade headphone and I truly believe that this is a brilliant introduction to how awesome music can sound! I live is South Africa, a country that is renowned for...
When i bough these i had no id'ea how they would sound. I read some reviews but it is a iem that was flying under the radar and kind of hide in the shadow of the BA200 which is TDK's flagship (...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour. Introduction I am just another music fans in this world, I...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
Review: ZMF Modified Fostex T50RP. Superb! - Page 38
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That is awesome.. The wood should add to the resonance/ascetics of the established amazing tone of the ZMF. All of us that own one all share in the secret of how good these are. Put me on the wait list for one!
After owning the ZMF for a couple of days now and putting some hours on them, I can only say that I'm really impressed. They sound very similar to the HE-500 and sound way more open than I had hoped for. Kudos to Zach, very happy with the purchase!
with all the love stay humble Zach! These are putting the pandora to sleep right now. Or making them take a nap. Not saying they are better but I keep reaching for them.
If the pandora had the tightness of the ZMF or the ZMF the quantity of the pandora it would be a wrap. The thing is that I can eq ZMF quantity. I cant eq pandora tightness.
I wish instead of the pandora here I had the paradox slants. The pandora is nice but I am getting stuck on these t50's. I would say some alphas but those would be too bass light for me.
I think a full review of all of these is in order... I also think I bit off a bit more than I can chew.
Hey I gotta question.
How come the fostex driver has an untapped beautiful midrange and I never hear the th900 or th600 midrange being boasted about?
where did they drop the ball
Edited by grizzlybeast - 3/24/14 at 9:05pm
Grizzly - You should get someone to send you a Paradox and then you could write a "Grizzly's Guide to the t50rp." Ofcourse your head might explode from over-stimulation.
Edited by zach915m - 3/24/14 at 8:39pm
lol, nah you should make that thread! you know what goes into them.
lf the pandora sells I will commit to a paradox slant.
forgot about the he560 or 400i nevermind the slant. i need atleast one open.
I just think it would take even more time. The one I want the most is the picture on your SITE!!! Im sorry but I would have to skip the rest if that thing comes out soon.
Edited by grizzlybeast - 3/24/14 at 10:05pm
- Review: ZMF Modified Fostex T50RP. Superb!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths just now
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 59 seconds ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 4 minutes ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 4 minutes ago
- › how to mp3s on a home stereo without using a computer...? 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Rant - unresanable buyer wants to return items. 7 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by biggysmalls
- › TDK IE800 by Arvan
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by daduy
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2