or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Review: ZMF Modified Fostex T50RP. Superb!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: ZMF Modified Fostex T50RP. Superb! - Page 35

post #511 of 807

Don't know if you could stretch to something like the Audio-gd NFB-10 (there was a used one in the F/S forum about a week ago for around $400), but it should have more than enough grunt to truly power the ZMF the way it wants to be driven, and it seems to be really well received overall. I haven't heard one personally, but I'm listening to the HE6 on a Master 8 headamp right now, and it's just fantastic. 

 

Anyway, just a thought. 

post #512 of 807

@Textfeud I gotta admit your color looks spectacular I am a bit jealous. I do really like my gloss black though its more me in the end. peep it!!

sorry I couldnt help post it

post #513 of 807

it's an odac.

 

Ok go easy on me for this. But while i'm waiting on this cable to arrive .

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I963XQ/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

All i had laying around was a 9 footer for now until that 6 inch shows up. Is 9 ft too long?

 

And thank you all for your suggestions. I am not complaining one bit. And like I said I know I love these headphones. I'm saying personally I dont think the magni cuts the mustard. And whether you're spending more less or the same i would suggest another option.


Edited by rock&rollfrenchfries - 2/21/14 at 6:59pm
post #514 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock&rollfrenchfries View Post
 

it's an odac.

 

Ok go easy on me for this. But while i'm waiting on this cable to arrive .

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I963XQ/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

All i had laying around was a 9 footer for now until that 6 inch shows up. Is 9 ft too long?

 

And thank you all for your suggestions. I am not complaining one bit. And like I said I know I love these headphones. I'm saying personally I dont think the magni cuts the mustard. And whether you're spending more less or the same i would suggest another option.

odac is fine to me. its a pretty neutral sounding dac

post #515 of 807

Sorry for all the questions. It's a classic case of the most helpful crowd being bothered to help more ;) . I make threads about stuff and they go silent. I'm apparently too dumb to search some of these things out successfully. Thank you all for your patience.

 

As someone mentioned earlier the "smoky smoothness" of these phones... Is something that I think is just nice how it is and I would aim for a known "warm" sounding amp.


Edited by rock&rollfrenchfries - 2/21/14 at 7:18pm
post #516 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

@Textfeud I gotta admit your color looks spectacular I am a bit jealous. I do really like my gloss black though its more me in the end. peep it!!

sorry I couldnt help post it

Very nice brother! I'm envious now. I still have to wait for at least a week and shipping ;-D

post #517 of 807

Has anyone tried their ZMFs with a portable amp like an ALO Continental or a Portaphile 627?   I am planning to order a pair of ZMFs but I will be mostly using my HPs with a portable amp and want to be sure I get the right one.  I like the Emotiva idea and will consider getting one for my home or office but I am really hoping that a very good portable will work.  Thank you.

post #518 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksl View Post
 

Has anyone tried their ZMFs with a portable amp like an ALO Continental or a Portaphile 627? 


The RSA (Ray Samuels) Intruder, Lightning and "Black Bird" are all more than powerful enough to run the T50rp's to their max potential with a high gain setting of +21. A lot of voltage running at high gain.  Only difference between the three is that the Lightning is just balanced, the Black Bird Balanced and SE, and the Intruder is Balanced, Single Ended, and has a DAC.

 

Haven't heard the two amps you mention, but the RSA amps are great portable options.


Edited by zach915m - 2/28/14 at 8:41am
ZMF Headphones creates custom orthodynamic headphones. By implementing wood cups, high production tolerances, and truly american handmade quality,...
Reply
post #519 of 807

Sorry just one more update on the magni... Ive had it for a week. The headphone cable is plugged in straight and the cable is not stressing the jack at all.

 

The jack is already getting loose on the magni and i have to wiggle to try and get both channels the same. 

 

Thing really is a piece. Just thought i'd share.

post #520 of 807
Thread Starter 

Just want to jump on here and make a quick note though my schedule is very tight currently. 

 

I got one of Zach's top end ZPEX in and realize I'm going to have to do another full review as I am amazed.  But just want to note that the improvements over the original one I got is absolutely remarkable. If I was not hearing both side by side, I would not believe that the T50RP could possibly be modified to such a diverse range of sound.  I'm swamped currently but will eventually post another full review in a month or so.  Just want to say an initial 'Two Thumbs Up'.  Zach is really taking this to a level I did not think possible with a basic low cost foundation. It is eye opening to experience the difference.  I used to think that the heart of any headphone is the transducer but now realize that there is much more engineering going on in the chassis etc.  

 

UL

post #521 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULUL View Post

Just want to jump on here and make a quick note though my schedule is very tight currently. 

I got one of Zach's top end ZPEX in and realize I'm going to have to do another full review as I am amazed.  But just want to note that the improvements over the original one I got is absolutely remarkable. If I was not hearing both side by side, I would not believe that the T50RP could possibly be modified to such a diverse range of sound.  I'm swamped currently but will eventually post another full review in a month or so.  Just want to say an initial 'Two Thumbs Up'.  Zach is really taking this to a level I did not think possible with a basic low cost foundation. It is eye opening to experience the difference.  I used to think that the heart of any headphone is the transducer but now realize that there is much more engineering going on in the chassis etc.  

UL
Cant wait to hear your thoughts on it. The ZPEX looks awesome however im perfectly content with my gold rejack zmf.
post #522 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULUL View Post
 

Just want to jump on here and make a quick note though my schedule is very tight currently. 

 

I got one of Zach's top end ZPEX in and realize I'm going to have to do another full review as I am amazed.  But just want to note that the improvements over the original one I got is absolutely remarkable. If I was not hearing both side by side, I would not believe that the T50RP could possibly be modified to such a diverse range of sound.  I'm swamped currently but will eventually post another full review in a month or so.  Just want to say an initial 'Two Thumbs Up'.  Zach is really taking this to a level I did not think possible with a basic low cost foundation. It is eye opening to experience the difference.  I used to think that the heart of any headphone is the transducer but now realize that there is much more engineering going on in the chassis etc.  

 

UL

what wiring did you get

post #523 of 807

Hey everyone,

Any review of ZMF v1/v2 vs the Mad Dogs ?

post #524 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by richbass View Post
 

Hey everyone,

Any review of ZMF v1/v2 vs the Mad Dogs ?

i will prob cover that later I have both but no no reviews yet.

post #525 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

i will prob cover that later I have both but no no reviews yet.

Alright. Waiting for your impressions.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Review: ZMF Modified Fostex T50RP. Superb!