or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Review: ZMF Modified Fostex T50RP. Superb!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Review: ZMF Modified Fostex T50RP. Superb! - Page 24

post #346 of 807

One day long from now when I have recovered from my first listen to the ZMF I will be able to post my thoughts.  Right now though I am in a daze and I am smiling so big my cheek muscles hurt.  Thank you ZMF!

post #347 of 807

I got my ZMF v2's today.  They look great, especially with the leather pad, faux carbon stickers and very well done gold re-jack

 

I put the alpha pads on them from my 3.2 Mad Dogs and started listening to them with my e12 hooked up directly to my macbook pro.

Direct comparisons have been a little hard since it is not easy to swap the pads back and forth.

 

(disclaimer, I am by no means an audiophile, more of a music listening enthusiast,  I have some FLAC music, but I mostly listen to 320kbps mp3's and Spotify on the highest quality streaming setting.  I know that some of these impressions could be due to my humble set up and newness to the hobby.)

 

My initial impression of the ZMF's are that the treble is much more forward and at times sibilant relative to the MD's.  I heard this on some vocal EDM and hip hop. To my ears, Im not sure I like the sound in this regard, relative to the MD's. However, they do sound great with organic instrumentation, especially acoustic and orchestrated music.

 

Even though these are the bass edition (v2) there doesn't seem to be as much sub bass / over all bass as the MD, although it is fast and punchy.

 

 

Hopefully Ill have some more to add later...

post #348 of 807

^:popcorn:

post #349 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8sb View Post
 

I got my ZMF v2's today.  They look great, especially with the leather pad, faux carbon stickers and very well done gold re-jack

 

I put the alpha pads on them from my 3.2 Mad Dogs and started listening to them with my e12 hooked up directly to my macbook pro.

Direct comparisons have been a little hard since it is not easy to swap the pads back and forth.

 

(disclaimer, I am by no means an audiophile, more of a music listening enthusiast,  I have some FLAC music, but I mostly listen to 320kbps mp3's and Spotify on the highest quality streaming setting.  I know that some of these impressions could be due to my humble set up and newness to the hobby.)

 

My initial impression of the ZMF's are that the treble is much more forward and at times sibilant relative to the MD's.  I heard this on some vocal EDM and hip hop. To my ears, Im not sure I like the sound in this regard, relative to the MD's. However, they do sound great with organic instrumentation, especially acoustic and orchestrated music.

 

Even though these are the bass edition (v2) there doesn't seem to be as much sub bass / over all bass as the MD, although it is fast and punchy.

 

 

Hopefully Ill have some more to add later...


Have Zach send you the HM5 pads. Read some of my previous posts.


Edited by satwilson - 11/26/13 at 8:34pm
post #350 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenKnight71 View Post
 

I just received my pair today.  First impression is Wow!  I will be giving some more detailed impressions after the weekend when I compare them to the headphones I currently have.

 

Michael

 

:popcorn:

post #351 of 807

Sorry Tiemen:tongue_smile:  I had some real life come up.  I am getting some Senn HD650s to try out on Friday so I thought I would wait to post impressions against them as well as with the HE400s, Beyer DT990s, Senn HD558s/598s and AKG Q701s.  Got to love Amazon's return policy. :tongue_smile:  I will be giving just general impressions as I am no audiophile.

 

Getting stuffed on turkey,

 

Michael

post #352 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenKnight71 View Post
 

Sorry Tiemen:tongue_smile:  I had some real life come up.  I am getting some Senn HD650s to try out on Friday so I thought I would wait to post impressions against them as well as with the HE400s, Beyer DT990s, Senn HD558s/598s and AKG Q701s.  Got to love Amazon's return policy. :tongue_smile:  I will be giving just general impressions as I am no audiophile.

 

Getting stuffed on turkey,

 

Michael

I think the only competition out of those would be the hd650's and the he400's. looking forward to it

post #353 of 807

Has anyone heard news on whether the Schiit Vali has enough power for the T50rp's?  I almost jumped on one of them as I don't have a true tube amp, but then I saw it only has 550mw at 50ohms.  I know output can be deceiving...a few people said they were ordering it with their ZMF's, but I haven't heard anything...

 

Quote:
 Anyone tried the LCD2 pads with this or the Mad Dogs?

 

I have heard of people using them so I know that they fit, but I have no idea what the changes will be vs the Alpha Pads/Stax Pads.


Edited by zach915m - 11/30/13 at 11:55am
ZMF Headphones creates custom orthodynamic headphones. By implementing wood cups, high production tolerances, and truly american handmade quality,...
Reply
post #354 of 807

I heard that Zach is having a holiday special on white/black ZMFs. Anybody know the details?

post #355 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach915m View Post
 

Has anyone heard news on whether the Schiit Vali has enough power for the T50rp's?  I almost jumped on one of them as I don't have a true tube amp, but then I saw it only has 550mw at 50ohms.  I know output can be deceiving...a few people said they were ordering it with their ZMF's, but I haven't heard anything...

 

Quote:
 Anyone tried the LCD2 pads with this or the Mad Dogs?

 

I have heard of people using them so I know that they fit, but I have no idea what the changes will be vs the Alpha Pads/Stax Pads.

People have reported that the Vali is beautiful with the Paradox.

post #356 of 807
Quote:
 People have reported that the Vali is beautiful with the Paradox.

 

Last thing I need is another Schiit amp!  Oye!  The Vali, Lyr, Mjolnir would be quite a trio though.  My wife would surely think I was crazy.

ZMF Headphones creates custom orthodynamic headphones. By implementing wood cups, high production tolerances, and truly american handmade quality,...
Reply
post #357 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach915m View Post
 
Quote:
 People have reported that the Vali is beautiful with the Paradox.

 

Last thing I need is another Schiit amp!  Oye!  The Vali, Lyr, Mjolnir would be quite a trio though.  My wife would surely think I was crazy.

Worth it! :D

post #358 of 807
Details about the sale are on Zach's new website: http://www.zmfheadphones.com

I was really close to getting a Vali since I happened to be on the website when it first came up, but I restrained. But if you succumb to the pressure I hope you can talk about it! I mean...you should probably have a single ended counterpart to the Mojo...
Edited by Ishcabible - 11/30/13 at 1:21pm
post #359 of 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post

I was really close to getting a Vali since I happened to be on the website when it first came up, but I restrained. But if you succumb to the pressure I hope you can talk about it!


I definitely will, either here or on the website.  I was probably on the website at the same time as you, it was in my cart and everything......WANT......need...

ZMF Headphones creates custom orthodynamic headphones. By implementing wood cups, high production tolerances, and truly american handmade quality,...
Reply
post #360 of 807
I kind of want to upgrade my dorm system and I can't even tell you how tempted I was by the black Lyr/Bifrost Uber combo.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Review: ZMF Modified Fostex T50RP. Superb!