Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Samsung Galaxy S4 compatible portable DAC/AMPs?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung Galaxy S4 compatible portable DAC/AMPs? - Page 8

post #106 of 146
I got a answer from the devolopers:
"There are issues with the S4 on Android 4.2 that are resolved with 4.3.
I would wait until 4.3 is released for your S4 and try again."
post #107 of 146
Quote:

 

I suppose it could be the cable.  I don't have another one on hand, so I'll have to try and pick one up.  This is the one I have:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DHN9CMO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

Any recommendations for a different one?

post #108 of 146

Deinonych, you may try another OTG cable. I have the S4 and had exactly the same problem. Drove me crazy. You don't have to enable the audio out. I have tried mine enabled and not enabled with absolutely no difference. It was a faulty OTG cable. When I got a new one from Amazon, everything worked great. I am using the Leckerton UHA-6S II DAC/amp. Fantastic. 

post #109 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoram View Post
 

Deinonych, you may try another OTG cable. I have the S4 and had exactly the same problem. Drove me crazy. You don't have to enable the audio out. I have tried mine enabled and not enabled with absolutely no difference. It was a faulty OTG cable. When I got a new one from Amazon, everything worked great. I am using the Leckerton UHA-6S II DAC/amp. Fantastic. 


Thanks.  I'm going to try to pick up another one today at Fry's.  If they don't have any in stock, I found one on Amazon that should work.  Thanks everyone for the help!

post #110 of 146

Second try to get the dragonfly to work. It works.:)

But, if there is a difference in the soundquality (in comparission to the S4 aux), than a very small one...

However.

 

Does anyone know if there is a kernel for the S4, thats allows usb audio output?

post #111 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deinonych View Post

 

I suppose it could be the cable.  I don't have another one on hand, so I'll have to try and pick one up.  This is the one I have:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DHN9CMO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

Any recommendations for a different one?

 



Something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/CNE16187-Micro-USB-OTG-Adapter/dp/B005QX7KYU/ref=pd_cp_pc_2
post #112 of 146

Thanks!

post #113 of 146

Anyone know what's the best Galaxy S4 custom ROM for audiophiles? one that enables usb audio out w/o USB Audio Recorder Pro.

post #114 of 146
Baydude, you don't need a custom ROM to enable USB audio out without Audio Pro. Unless you want a custom ROM for other reasons. I have had no problem with my USB audio, and I am on stock ROM, and I am not using Audio Pro. I could not get Audio Pro to work th my S4.
post #115 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoram View Post

Baydude, you don't need a custom ROM to enable USB audio out without Audio Pro. Unless you want a custom ROM for other reasons. I have had no problem with my USB audio, and I am on stock ROM, and I am not using Audio Pro. I could not get Audio Pro to work th my S4.

 

What version is your ROM?

post #116 of 146

Picked up a new OTG cable from Amazon, and I'm able to connect and use my Fiio E17 with my phone now.  Thanks for all the helpful advice and suggestions!

 

One additional question: is there a way to output at a higher resolution than 16/48?  I have some 24/96 FLAC files on my phone, but when I play them through the E17, it shows the output at 16/48.  I'm using PowerAmp to play my files.

post #117 of 146

right,using that method to connect it will bypass the E17's DAC. You'd be amping the amped signal from the S4 headphone jack.thanks

pJgsrr

post #118 of 146

???

 

I'm not using the headphone jack, I'm using USB audio out with an OTG cable connected to the USB-in on the E17.

post #119 of 146

ROM version is 4.2.2

post #120 of 146
very good news my friends!!!

now s4 (i9505) can play high bit rate flac 24/96 by flashing omega rom v16 - xxuemk9 using default music app and hp-out!!!

yes!!!

however still no sound is coming-out when using my microstreamer dac frown.gif

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Samsung Galaxy S4 compatible portable DAC/AMPs?