Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil - Page 37

post #541 of 2694
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BournePerfect View Post

 

I'd bet it will-if for no other reason to add another bullet point to a self-proclaimed STATEMENT product. Gosh I want info on this-and some more popcorn.

Any updates on the Rag release yet?

 

-Daniel

Still think they said the DSD will be a standalone box. 

 

DSD is to the Yggdrasil

as 

HDDVD is to the Xbox 360?

post #542 of 2694
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post

 

DSD is to the Yggdrasil

as 

HDDVD is to the Xbox 360?

beerchug.gif

post #543 of 2694

I agree but...I still own 90ish HDDVDs (about the same as my Blu-rays). They look better too. eek.gif I fought the good fight-and lost. :/

 

-Daniel

post #544 of 2694

Dumb question here, how would the Ragnarok work with a set of powered speakers? I have a Bifrost/Asgard combo with a pair of Adam A3x's and Grado 325si's.  I love everything about this setup, except switching the damn cables when I want to listen to headphones.  

post #545 of 2694
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfLeonard View Post

Dumb question here, how would the Ragnarok work with a set of powered speakers? I have a Bifrost/Asgard combo with a pair of Adam A3x's and Grado 325si's.  I love everything about this setup, except switching the damn cables when I want to listen to headphones.  

Just use the pre-outs. Assuming they're supplied. I would be shocked if they aren't.

post #546 of 2694

just out of curiosity, can the current mjolnir power a set of krk rokit 8s? or would i need the rag down the line to get the most out of them? 

post #547 of 2694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle00Jesse View Post

just out of curiosity, can the current mjolnir power a set of krk rokit 8s? or would i need the rag down the line to get the most out of them? 

Are those head or ear phones? If not, then no.

post #548 of 2694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle00Jesse View Post

just out of curiosity, can the current mjolnir power a set of krk rokit 8s? or would i need the rag down the line to get the most out of them? 

If the mjolnir has pre-outs it will (Basically a line out with volume control - in simple terms). Just check on the website.

post #549 of 2694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle00Jesse View Post

just out of curiosity, can the current mjolnir power a set of krk rokit 8s? or would i need the rag down the line to get the most out of them? 

 

The Rokits are self-powered monitors, so yes, the Mjolnir would work as a pre.

post #550 of 2694

Any chance these babies will have switchable voltage? 

post #551 of 2694
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjapirate9901 View Post

Any chance these babies will have switchable voltage? 

If you mean a switch on the back for 220/110V then i'd LOVE to see these on all schiit products.
post #552 of 2694
Quote:
Originally Posted by x838nwy View Post


If you mean a switch on the back for 220/110V then i'd LOVE to see these on all schiit products.

 

Me too, it's a big part of the reason I'm getting rid of my Lyr and Bifrost (moving to Europe). 

post #553 of 2694
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

Still think they said DSD will be a standalone box. Just let it die already.

 

Based on my conversations with Jason, he's no fan of DSD and Mike Moffat truly despises it. Between that and Schiit's keep-things-as-basic-as-possible-if-not-more-so approach, I'm betting their only DSD product will be the standalone box. Which, as Jason said to me, you can buy for little money then toss after you run out of DSD to play with. Maybe someone who gets to RMAF can pin him down and report back.

 

Meantime, if anyone knows a method of ripping SACDs that doesn't involve tracking down an old Playstation and reenacting Frankenstein, I'd be interested and grateful.

post #554 of 2694
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45longcolt View Post

 

Based on my conversations with Jason, he's no fan of DSD and Mike Moffat truly despises it. Between that and Schiit's keep-things-as-basic-as-possible-if-not-more-so approach, I'm betting their only DSD product will be the standalone box. Which, as Jason said to me, you can buy for little money then toss after you run out of DSD to play with. Maybe someone who gets to RMAF can pin him down and report back.

 

Meantime, if anyone knows a method of ripping SACDs that doesn't involve tracking down an old Playstation and reenacting Frankenstein, I'd be interested and grateful.

I know there is another way, but it's like $10k if im not mistaken to buy the equipment.

post #555 of 2694
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post

I know there is another way, but it's like $10k if im not mistaken to buy the equipment.

Gave this some thought and i really cannot think of any way to do this (rip sacd's). I'm out here in the Far East and for some reason the fact that everyone and his dog seems to be making 'dsd-capable' dacs gave me the impression that you guys in the US/Europe are swimming in seas of dsd's and sacd's... The current state of affairs appears much different. Seems odd that so many manufacturers are trying to support a format that is used by so few. May be it helps sell dac's cos it's a 'feature' or something...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil