Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 5/12/14 at 2:23am in High-end Audio Forum
- Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up Last post on Today at 4:05 pm in Jason Stoddard
- Influence of cold/analytic DAC/AMP on warm sounding cans Last post on 5/6/14 at 12:05am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I ditch my Creative X-Fi? Last post on 3/8/14 at 11:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need Help DOUBLE CHARGE ON E-PAY on ASGARD 2 from SCHIIT AUDIO Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil - Page 35
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
As Solude figured, I took that from what Jason has said earlier.
Note that there are at least one more "unless": sensitive phones. And the volume control should be an improvement for the sound quality, albeit a small one. And, as Jason now is teasing, unless they actually can find some more sound quality in there... from some kind of component choice magic I guess.
On the topic of a Mjolnir 2, I'd guess that would be further into the future. And that the differences would be no more than losing the dual 3-pin connectors and incorporating some of those presumed good-sounding components from the Ragnarok. The Mjolnir is all about maximum sound quality for the money, and that means simplicity. Maybe a gain switch, probably not. Definitely not a single-ended output, that's a complicated thing for these amps.
Damn, I want the Ragnarok. And I really really shouldn't buy it, I "should" buy the Yggdrasil and some more headphones. Less sensitive ones. But what to do for my speakers... there is a very good pre-out on the Mjolnir... Jason, I want Schiit to make small inexpensive circlotron monoblocks for small inefficient speakers! Pretty please?
Still munching! Unleash the Yggy!
Edited by brunk - 8/21/13 at 1:20pm
- New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 2 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 12 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 4 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)