Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 5/12/14 at 2:23am in High-end Audio Forum
- Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up Last post on Today at 7:43 am in Jason Stoddard
- Toys for Boys Last post on 9/8/14 at 4:16pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Influence of cold/analytic DAC/AMP on warm sounding cans Last post on 5/6/14 at 12:05am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I ditch my Creative X-Fi? Last post on 3/8/14 at 11:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil - Page 35
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
As Solude figured, I took that from what Jason has said earlier.
Note that there are at least one more "unless": sensitive phones. And the volume control should be an improvement for the sound quality, albeit a small one. And, as Jason now is teasing, unless they actually can find some more sound quality in there... from some kind of component choice magic I guess.
On the topic of a Mjolnir 2, I'd guess that would be further into the future. And that the differences would be no more than losing the dual 3-pin connectors and incorporating some of those presumed good-sounding components from the Ragnarok. The Mjolnir is all about maximum sound quality for the money, and that means simplicity. Maybe a gain switch, probably not. Definitely not a single-ended output, that's a complicated thing for these amps.
Damn, I want the Ragnarok. And I really really shouldn't buy it, I "should" buy the Yggdrasil and some more headphones. Less sensitive ones. But what to do for my speakers... there is a very good pre-out on the Mjolnir... Jason, I want Schiit to make small inexpensive circlotron monoblocks for small inefficient speakers! Pretty please?
Still munching! Unleash the Yggy!
Edited by brunk - 8/21/13 at 1:20pm
- New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 54 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 59 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50/DX90 Wallpaper (320x240) Gallery 4 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for a compact, single-box solution for the HD600?... 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T50p with upgraded ETD 51 earpads - as new 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)