Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil - Page 31

post #451 of 4268
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post

Put the innards of these two new products into a gunmetal chassis and we could all say Schiit has gone against the grain in the form factor department. It would probably look rather neat now that I think about it.

 

Schiit has already stated they aren't going to do an AIO unit. Personally, I'm quite happy about that. You introduce a lot of negative factors when you throw everything into one. 

post #452 of 4268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

 

Schiit has already stated they aren't going to do an AIO unit. Personally, I'm quite happy about that. You introduce a lot of negative factors when you throw everything into one. 


I'm just musing out loud Greed it's not like I was half serious or hoping for a gunmetal finish. I wasn't talking about a AIO I meant finish each product in gunmetal. As I said, I was just musing out loud.


Edited by DigitalFreak - 7/30/13 at 11:29am
post #453 of 4268
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak View Post


I'm just musing out loud Greed it's not like I was half serious or hoping for a gunmetal finish. I wasn't talking about a AIO I meant finish each product in gunmetal. As I said, I was just musing out loud.

 

Oh... ok. My apologizes then. wink.gif

post #454 of 4268

Somebody (can't recall who) put a DIY black finish on their Schiit amp, just stripping off the factory finish and re-anodizing, and only lost a tiny bit of the logo and markings. Looked great.

post #455 of 4268
I want green or red splashback with black. Or silver splashback with black.
post #456 of 4268
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45longcolt View Post

Somebody (can't recall who) put a DIY black finish on their Schiit amp, just stripping off the factory finish and re-anodizing, and only lost a tiny bit of the logo and markings. Looked great.

 

Hmm.  I would prefer black gear as well, but I think the Schiit cases actually look better in silver.

post #457 of 4268

He got the case done but not the knob? blink.gif

post #458 of 4268
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraGGleR View Post

 

Hmm.  I would prefer black gear as well, but I think the Schiit cases actually look better in silver.

 

 

I'll take that - please..

post #459 of 4268

Was that powdercoated or ?

post #460 of 4268
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Was that powdercoated or ?

It was anodized. The guy who did this said he forgot to do the knob at the same time. He was talking about offering up the service along with led color changes. Didn't follow the thread long enough to see if he followed up.
post #461 of 4268

I'm usually more of a silver or gunmetal sort of guy but I have to admit that pic looks pretty good. The contrasting knob sort of works too.

post #462 of 4268
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

 

I'll take that - please..

Im a real fan of black equpment, especially with the fact that my PC/Monitor/keyboard/ mice/table/... everything i have there is black with UV or Blue led.

The Schiit gear does look good with that gunmetal silver color thou, even if its not the typical theme of my Setup.

post #463 of 4268

Do we have a better timetable on the Rag other than 'late 2013'? Also, aside from power ratings/speaker taps-are there other improvements to expect from the Rag over the Mjolnir? Sorry, been  kind of out of the Schiit game til lately...

 

-Daniel

post #464 of 4268
Quote:
Originally Posted by BournePerfect View Post

Do we have a better timetable on the Rag other than 'late 2013'? Also, aside from power ratings/speaker taps-are there other improvements to expect from the Rag over the Mjolnir? Sorry, been  kind of out of the Schiit game til lately...

 

-Daniel

 

If I recall, Schiit has stated several times that the Mjolnir was meant to be an 'end-game' product.  I would think a lot of the same technology will be in the Rag.  I suspect the discrete volume pot may be the only improvement over the Mjolnir from a balanced headphone amp.

 

 

Quote:
No-Excuses, End-Game Balanced Amp
You won’t find any balanced-to-single-ended conversion or vice-versa in Mjolnir. It’s balanced in and balanced out, with a 4-gang RK27 Alps volume pot--providing end-game performance for a mid-level price.
post #465 of 4268

Well since they are charging twice the price...and I doubt it'll really be marketed as a speaker amp...just wondering where exactly cost increase has gone? I know it's similar to the MJ, but are they taking that balanced approach to the limit, will it be more refined? It is their flagship model afterall-I would assume there's more to it than MOAR POWER and speaker taps...

 

-Daniel

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil