In my mind Yggdrasil is a very low cost Theta product with USB input and without the funky front panel design. Although to look right in my rack I may have to spray paint it flat black.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread Last post on Today at 8:44 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Who is thinking of buying the Schiit Yggdrasil? Last post on 12/4/15 at 10:14am in High-end Audio Forum
- Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise Last post on 5/20/15 at 11:44am in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Magni2 Uber/Modi2 Uber vs Vali/Loki Last post on 7/18/15 at 4:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Happens.....A Lesson In Customer Service. Last post on 12/8/15 at 2:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/30/15
New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil - Page 166post #2476 of 92557/4/14 at 7:44am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2477 of 92557/4/14 at 7:48ampost #2478 of 92557/4/14 at 8:05amQuote:
haha! Brilliant, hi-five dude.
Well, in terms of Rag/yggy for myself. I am probably going to end up with them, might wait for some reviews with some TOTL iems too (Jude's comment about noise floor to be elaborated upon) (K10 / NT-6 / H8Pro etc) but will probably get it for the HD800 and some others.
Though actually is more of an enforced wait, not from non-availability as yet, more portable equipment costs... Ah timing...
Well, time to just leave this and keep an eye on it - can't wait for the impressions thread(s)!!
(If any impression posters / first reviewers see this and happen to have TOTL iems.... )post #2479 of 92557/4/14 at 9:42am
I am looking forward to the YGG vs Chord Hugo impressions. I wonder if the YGG will be in the same playing field. Some people are even saying that the Hugo is as good if not better than the Audio GD M7! I hope the YGG is up there also but i suppose only time will tell.post #2480 of 92557/5/14 at 7:18am
Seeing that both of these units are going to be weighing thirty pounds, they are going to have some pretty serious hardware. Really can't wait, love some hardware that has some weight to it. Makes me feel like my components have some value to them. Jason can we expect to hear a Yggdrasil early review such as Jude had with the Ragnarok?post #2481 of 92557/5/14 at 7:59ampost #2482 of 92557/5/14 at 8:39amQuote:
I didn't say that it was going to relate, I just said I like it when my equipment has some weight to it. Having light components is nice, it's just a preference of mine..post #2483 of 92557/5/14 at 9:11amQuote:
Same here. Totally irrational, but still my preference.post #2484 of 92557/5/14 at 9:35ampost #2485 of 92557/5/14 at 10:40amQuote:
And they still are. Unless everyone moved to driving their headphones with class D amps and I just haven't noticed.post #2486 of 92557/5/14 at 11:26am
I was for a while, although I'm back to class-A now. I miss the tiny size of the class D amps though. There's something to be said for a little amp no bigger than a book that you can literally tuck away.post #2487 of 92557/5/14 at 2:47pmpost #2488 of 92557/5/14 at 6:07pmpost #2489 of 92557/5/14 at 6:53pm
I'm surprised people don't show more interest in the analog side of Yggy's design. Yes the digital filter and frontend is exciting, but if any attention has been paid at all to Schiit's mission as a company (be bitperfect whenever and wherever possible) then this is the natural culmination of that philosophy and isn't all that surprising. The analog section of a DAC is where it gets its flavor and largely what makes one DAC sound different from another IMO. I'm curious to find out if the single ended output performance is equal in performance to the balanced too.
- New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 57 seconds ago
- › LZ-A2S impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP-100 "Tru-Fi Speakers Mod" from packdemon -... 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Klipsch R6i vs Sennheiser Momentum (M2 IEI) 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber 5 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 8 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Altone200 [AUS] 9 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016) 9 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › German Maestro GMP 8.40 D Professional by mien
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...