In my mind Yggdrasil is a very low cost Theta product with USB input and without the funky front panel design. Although to look right in my rack I may have to spray paint it flat black.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread Last post on Today at 6:28 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Who is thinking of buying the Schiit Yggdrasil? Last post on 12/4/15 at 10:14am in High-end Audio Forum
- Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise Last post on 5/20/15 at 11:44am in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Magni2 Uber/Modi2 Uber vs Vali/Loki Last post on 7/18/15 at 4:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Happens.....A Lesson In Customer Service. Last post on 12/8/15 at 2:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/30/15
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved...
On my quest for the perfect sounding IEM for mobile use I came across these headphones that are rather underrepresented in the forum. The Panasonic RP-HDE10 are technically quite interesting...
I bought the SMSL sApII as a stop-gap after my Little Dot MKIII failed after 5 years of use, five hours a day. No complaints there! I just don't have the money to upgrade just now! I have invested...
Introduction: Lend Me UR ears, based in Singapore is an online and physical store that opened in December 2011 with a goal to “bring quality audio products to the masses and providing good...
New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil - Page 166post #2476 of 92847/4/14 at 7:44am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2477 of 92847/4/14 at 7:48ampost #2478 of 92847/4/14 at 8:05amQuote:
haha! Brilliant, hi-five dude.
Well, in terms of Rag/yggy for myself. I am probably going to end up with them, might wait for some reviews with some TOTL iems too (Jude's comment about noise floor to be elaborated upon) (K10 / NT-6 / H8Pro etc) but will probably get it for the HD800 and some others.
Though actually is more of an enforced wait, not from non-availability as yet, more portable equipment costs... Ah timing...
Well, time to just leave this and keep an eye on it - can't wait for the impressions thread(s)!!
(If any impression posters / first reviewers see this and happen to have TOTL iems.... )post #2479 of 92847/4/14 at 9:42am
I am looking forward to the YGG vs Chord Hugo impressions. I wonder if the YGG will be in the same playing field. Some people are even saying that the Hugo is as good if not better than the Audio GD M7! I hope the YGG is up there also but i suppose only time will tell.post #2480 of 92847/5/14 at 7:18am
Seeing that both of these units are going to be weighing thirty pounds, they are going to have some pretty serious hardware. Really can't wait, love some hardware that has some weight to it. Makes me feel like my components have some value to them. Jason can we expect to hear a Yggdrasil early review such as Jude had with the Ragnarok?post #2481 of 92847/5/14 at 7:59ampost #2482 of 92847/5/14 at 8:39amQuote:
I didn't say that it was going to relate, I just said I like it when my equipment has some weight to it. Having light components is nice, it's just a preference of mine..post #2483 of 92847/5/14 at 9:11amQuote:
Same here. Totally irrational, but still my preference.post #2484 of 92847/5/14 at 9:35ampost #2485 of 92847/5/14 at 10:40amQuote:
And they still are. Unless everyone moved to driving their headphones with class D amps and I just haven't noticed.post #2486 of 92847/5/14 at 11:26am
I was for a while, although I'm back to class-A now. I miss the tiny size of the class D amps though. There's something to be said for a little amp no bigger than a book that you can literally tuck away.post #2487 of 92847/5/14 at 2:47pmpost #2488 of 92847/5/14 at 6:07pmpost #2489 of 92847/5/14 at 6:53pm
I'm surprised people don't show more interest in the analog side of Yggy's design. Yes the digital filter and frontend is exciting, but if any attention has been paid at all to Schiit's mission as a company (be bitperfect whenever and wherever possible) then this is the natural culmination of that philosophy and isn't all that surprising. The analog section of a DAC is where it gets its flavor and largely what makes one DAC sound different from another IMO. I'm curious to find out if the single ended output performance is equal in performance to the balanced too.
- New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 44 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet, 6th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2016 (October... 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 3 minutes ago
- › Starting July 15th, 2016 Foobar Resolute For Android 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 4 minutes ago
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 5 minutes ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 7 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...