In my mind Yggdrasil is a very low cost Theta product with USB input and without the funky front panel design. Although to look right in my rack I may have to spray paint it flat black.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Who is thinking of buying the Schiit Yggdrasil? Last post on Today at 12:45 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise Last post on 3/2/15 at 1:55pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Magni2 Uber/Modi2 Uber vs Vali/Loki Last post on 2/13/15 at 1:05am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Happens.....A Lesson In Customer Service. Last post on 2/6/15 at 1:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* Last post on Today at 8:59 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 11/28/14
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
I bought this in october. I agree with other reviewers, the sound is definitely value for money you can read other reviews for that. However, the build quality is terrible. I took good...
New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil - Page 166
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
haha! Brilliant, hi-five dude.
Well, in terms of Rag/yggy for myself. I am probably going to end up with them, might wait for some reviews with some TOTL iems too (Jude's comment about noise floor to be elaborated upon) (K10 / NT-6 / H8Pro etc) but will probably get it for the HD800 and some others.
Though actually is more of an enforced wait, not from non-availability as yet, more portable equipment costs... Ah timing...
Well, time to just leave this and keep an eye on it - can't wait for the impressions thread(s)!!
(If any impression posters / first reviewers see this and happen to have TOTL iems.... )
I am looking forward to the YGG vs Chord Hugo impressions. I wonder if the YGG will be in the same playing field. Some people are even saying that the Hugo is as good if not better than the Audio GD M7! I hope the YGG is up there also but i suppose only time will tell.
Seeing that both of these units are going to be weighing thirty pounds, they are going to have some pretty serious hardware. Really can't wait, love some hardware that has some weight to it. Makes me feel like my components have some value to them. Jason can we expect to hear a Yggdrasil early review such as Jude had with the Ragnarok?
I didn't say that it was going to relate, I just said I like it when my equipment has some weight to it. Having light components is nice, it's just a preference of mine..
Same here. Totally irrational, but still my preference.
And they still are. Unless everyone moved to driving their headphones with class D amps and I just haven't noticed.
I was for a while, although I'm back to class-A now. I miss the tiny size of the class D amps though. There's something to be said for a little amp no bigger than a book that you can literally tuck away.
I'm surprised people don't show more interest in the analog side of Yggy's design. Yes the digital filter and frontend is exciting, but if any attention has been paid at all to Schiit's mission as a company (be bitperfect whenever and wherever possible) then this is the natural culmination of that philosophy and isn't all that surprising. The analog section of a DAC is where it gets its flavor and largely what makes one DAC sound different from another IMO. I'm curious to find out if the single ended output performance is equal in performance to the balanced too.
- New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › CD to FLAC and M4A to FLAC 6 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 6 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 7 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2