In my mind Yggdrasil is a very low cost Theta product with USB input and without the funky front panel design. Although to look right in my rack I may have to spray paint it flat black.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread Last post on Today at 1:20 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Who is thinking of buying the Schiit Yggdrasil? Last post on 6/4/15 at 6:38am in High-end Audio Forum
- Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise Last post on 5/20/15 at 11:44am in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Magni2 Uber/Modi2 Uber vs Vali/Loki Last post on 3/21/15 at 1:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Happens.....A Lesson In Customer Service. Last post on 5/15/15 at 8:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 6/26/15
New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil - Page 166post #2476 of 82587/4/14 at 7:44am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2477 of 82587/4/14 at 7:48ampost #2478 of 82587/4/14 at 8:05amQuote:
haha! Brilliant, hi-five dude.
Well, in terms of Rag/yggy for myself. I am probably going to end up with them, might wait for some reviews with some TOTL iems too (Jude's comment about noise floor to be elaborated upon) (K10 / NT-6 / H8Pro etc) but will probably get it for the HD800 and some others.
Though actually is more of an enforced wait, not from non-availability as yet, more portable equipment costs... Ah timing...
Well, time to just leave this and keep an eye on it - can't wait for the impressions thread(s)!!
(If any impression posters / first reviewers see this and happen to have TOTL iems.... )post #2479 of 82587/4/14 at 9:42am
I am looking forward to the YGG vs Chord Hugo impressions. I wonder if the YGG will be in the same playing field. Some people are even saying that the Hugo is as good if not better than the Audio GD M7! I hope the YGG is up there also but i suppose only time will tell.post #2480 of 82587/5/14 at 7:18am
Seeing that both of these units are going to be weighing thirty pounds, they are going to have some pretty serious hardware. Really can't wait, love some hardware that has some weight to it. Makes me feel like my components have some value to them. Jason can we expect to hear a Yggdrasil early review such as Jude had with the Ragnarok?post #2481 of 82587/5/14 at 7:59ampost #2482 of 82587/5/14 at 8:39amQuote:
I didn't say that it was going to relate, I just said I like it when my equipment has some weight to it. Having light components is nice, it's just a preference of mine..post #2483 of 82587/5/14 at 9:11amQuote:
Same here. Totally irrational, but still my preference.post #2484 of 82587/5/14 at 9:35ampost #2485 of 82587/5/14 at 10:40amQuote:
And they still are. Unless everyone moved to driving their headphones with class D amps and I just haven't noticed.post #2486 of 82587/5/14 at 11:26am
I was for a while, although I'm back to class-A now. I miss the tiny size of the class D amps though. There's something to be said for a little amp no bigger than a book that you can literally tuck away.post #2487 of 82587/5/14 at 2:47pmpost #2488 of 82587/5/14 at 6:07pmpost #2489 of 82587/5/14 at 6:53pm
I'm surprised people don't show more interest in the analog side of Yggy's design. Yes the digital filter and frontend is exciting, but if any attention has been paid at all to Schiit's mission as a company (be bitperfect whenever and wherever possible) then this is the natural culmination of that philosophy and isn't all that surprising. The analog section of a DAC is where it gets its flavor and largely what makes one DAC sound different from another IMO. I'm curious to find out if the single ended output performance is equal in performance to the balanced too.
- New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Hello and HELP! 24 seconds ago
- › REVIEW : PONO Player (and comparison to Fiio X5) 49 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › AIAIAI TMA-1 1 minute ago
- › NuForce Udac-2 + Usb isolator, will it work? 2 minutes ago
- › Looking For Some New Headphones $300-$500 3 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 4 minutes ago
- › cables are placebo 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › PreSonus HD7 Professional Monitoring Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Phiaton PS 210 BTNC Bluetooth 3.0 Active Noise Cancelling Stereo... by audionut44
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by RedTwilight
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by AvidlyEclectic
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)