I sure hope this can drive HE-6's well. I can cancel around $4000 off my budget if it does, and I REALLY hope it does.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 10/5/14 at 12:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up Last post on Yesterday at 11:57 pm in Jason Stoddard
- Toys for Boys Last post on 11/29/14 at 9:31pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Schiit Stack + New sound card? Last post on 12/12/14 at 7:13am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier Last post on Yesterday at 12:03 pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 11/28/14
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil - Page 16
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
You don't need a 4k amp to drive the HE-6 properly.
Like this cheap.
Pretty sure that would be an amazing option for the he-6s, or you can always go find a used Firstwatt amp, i know from experience that the F1/J works very well and theres plenty of impressions of people using the others ones to general acclaim as well.
Yea it was sitting there for over 2 weeks, a pair of legendary ML2 monos for only $500. I thought about snagging it.
I had a pair of those levinson monoblocks for a short while driving the quad esl56's. Great amps.
Room heaters too. If you look at the schematics you might notice how little has changed in the
last 35 years. A bit silly for headphone amps, and due to possible grounding issues, you might
want to wire them as 4 wire, but should work just great. Balance input too. At 120 lbs for the pair
this is my style of overkill. Not really as much power as you might think, rated at 18 watts rms of
pure class A per channel, typically about 25 watts into 8 ohms, so just about right for he6.
But if the input section ever blows up, the jfets are impossible to replace these days.
Edited by kevin gilmore - 6/28/13 at 5:00pm
That's the wonderful thing about tube amps, I bet 50 years from now they would still be found. I have some CBS 12AX7 made in the late 50's in my tube amp sounding wonderful.
obviously theres no way to tell now without hearing it, but do you suspect the amp will carry the same signature of the mjolnir? i find the mj too precise and dry at times, causing some fatigue. i wonder if the new amp will give the existing design a hint of warmth and a more full bodied sound.
I think the larger fets running at higher currents and voltages will give a more relaxed and less forced sound signature.
Should be lots of fun.
I would definitely run an 845 at at least 800 volts!
Edited by kevin gilmore - 6/29/13 at 4:29pm
Perhaps I missed it being said, but I can't help wondering if these two new gizmos are really the "Statement" equipment that keeps getting mentioned. Has anyone considered that these new models really aren't the "Statement" folks seem to be waiting for, but another intermediate model?
- New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 11 seconds ago
- › X5 firmware 2.36beta--folder jump, true random shuffle, more custom... 18 seconds ago
- › HELP! Where to buy Edifier r1600t plus in the Philippines! 41 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Audiophile finally throwing down money for Excellence (Need DAP &... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Violectric V800 DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-A8 DAC/Amp and other Fostex gear 4 minutes ago
- › Anedio D2 DAC release 5 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 5 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)