I sure hope this can drive HE-6's well. I can cancel around $4000 off my budget if it does, and I REALLY hope it does.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:56 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Who is thinking of buying the Schiit Yggdrasil? Last post on 12/4/15 at 10:14am in High-end Audio Forum
- Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise Last post on 5/20/15 at 11:44am in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Magni2 Uber/Modi2 Uber vs Vali/Loki Last post on 7/18/15 at 4:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Happens.....A Lesson In Customer Service. Last post on 12/8/15 at 2:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/30/15
It might be one of your favorite cans if you pay an intense listen to them for a few hours. Really its a steal while you might get it for 60ish or 80ish. I got mine for 75 ish. I still wonder why...
The MEE Audio RX18P was sent to me from MEE Audio with the intention to compare it to some of the most popular Chinese budget offerings and let Mike know the result of my findings. The ida was not...
New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil - Page 16
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #227 of 91476/28/13 at 3:34pmpost #228 of 91476/28/13 at 3:42pmpost #229 of 91476/28/13 at 3:45pmYouQuote:
You don't need a 4k amp to drive the HE-6 properly.post #230 of 91476/28/13 at 3:57pmpost #231 of 91476/28/13 at 4:06pmpost #232 of 91476/28/13 at 4:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by wuwhere
Like this cheap.
Pretty sure that would be an amazing option for the he-6s, or you can always go find a used Firstwatt amp, i know from experience that the F1/J works very well and theres plenty of impressions of people using the others ones to general acclaim as well.post #233 of 91476/28/13 at 4:32pmQuote:
Yea it was sitting there for over 2 weeks, a pair of legendary ML2 monos for only $500. I thought about snagging it.post #234 of 91476/28/13 at 4:58pm
I had a pair of those levinson monoblocks for a short while driving the quad esl56's. Great amps.
Room heaters too. If you look at the schematics you might notice how little has changed in the
last 35 years. A bit silly for headphone amps, and due to possible grounding issues, you might
want to wire them as 4 wire, but should work just great. Balance input too. At 120 lbs for the pair
this is my style of overkill. Not really as much power as you might think, rated at 18 watts rms of
pure class A per channel, typically about 25 watts into 8 ohms, so just about right for he6.
But if the input section ever blows up, the jfets are impossible to replace these days.
Edited by kevin gilmore - 6/28/13 at 5:00pmpost #235 of 91476/28/13 at 5:01pmpost #236 of 91476/28/13 at 9:22pmQuote:
That's the wonderful thing about tube amps, I bet 50 years from now they would still be found. I have some CBS 12AX7 made in the late 50's in my tube amp sounding wonderful.post #238 of 91476/29/13 at 12:52pm
obviously theres no way to tell now without hearing it, but do you suspect the amp will carry the same signature of the mjolnir? i find the mj too precise and dry at times, causing some fatigue. i wonder if the new amp will give the existing design a hint of warmth and a more full bodied sound.post #239 of 91476/29/13 at 4:28pm
I think the larger fets running at higher currents and voltages will give a more relaxed and less forced sound signature.
Should be lots of fun.
I would definitely run an 845 at at least 800 volts!
Edited by kevin gilmore - 6/29/13 at 4:29pmpost #240 of 91476/29/13 at 6:02pm
Perhaps I missed it being said, but I can't help wondering if these two new gizmos are really the "Statement" equipment that keeps getting mentioned. Has anyone considered that these new models really aren't the "Statement" folks seem to be waiting for, but another intermediate model?
- New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Canlanta 2016 1 minute ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 4 minutes ago
- › 1960's ECC88 Amperex Orange Globe Tubes and 1975 Voskhod Rocket ... 4 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 6 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 6 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 7 minutes ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 9 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse