I sure hope this can drive HE-6's well. I can cancel around $4000 off my budget if it does, and I REALLY hope it does.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread Last post on Today at 3:47 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Who is thinking of buying the Schiit Yggdrasil? Last post on 6/4/15 at 6:38am in High-end Audio Forum
- Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise Last post on 5/20/15 at 11:44am in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Magni2 Uber/Modi2 Uber vs Vali/Loki Last post on 7/18/15 at 4:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Happens.....A Lesson In Customer Service. Last post on 5/15/15 at 8:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 6/26/15
Noble BTS Review by HiFiChris Preamble: Before I start with my actual review, I want to thank Noble Audio and especially Brannan Mason for providing me with a sample of the BTS for my...
Head-Fi, Fiio X5 and me I came out of my lurking in January 2014 to join Head-Fi, I was looking for a DAP to replace my Creative Zen X-Fi's whose display had a 'black ink' spreading...
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. Sounding bad for its price. Still is good for casual...
New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil - Page 16
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #227 of 84176/28/13 at 3:34pmpost #228 of 84176/28/13 at 3:42pmpost #229 of 84176/28/13 at 3:45pmYouQuote:
You don't need a 4k amp to drive the HE-6 properly.post #230 of 84176/28/13 at 3:57pmpost #231 of 84176/28/13 at 4:06pmpost #232 of 84176/28/13 at 4:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by wuwhere
Like this cheap.
Pretty sure that would be an amazing option for the he-6s, or you can always go find a used Firstwatt amp, i know from experience that the F1/J works very well and theres plenty of impressions of people using the others ones to general acclaim as well.post #233 of 84176/28/13 at 4:32pmQuote:
Yea it was sitting there for over 2 weeks, a pair of legendary ML2 monos for only $500. I thought about snagging it.post #234 of 84176/28/13 at 4:58pm
I had a pair of those levinson monoblocks for a short while driving the quad esl56's. Great amps.
Room heaters too. If you look at the schematics you might notice how little has changed in the
last 35 years. A bit silly for headphone amps, and due to possible grounding issues, you might
want to wire them as 4 wire, but should work just great. Balance input too. At 120 lbs for the pair
this is my style of overkill. Not really as much power as you might think, rated at 18 watts rms of
pure class A per channel, typically about 25 watts into 8 ohms, so just about right for he6.
But if the input section ever blows up, the jfets are impossible to replace these days.
Edited by kevin gilmore - 6/28/13 at 5:00pmpost #235 of 84176/28/13 at 5:01pmpost #236 of 84176/28/13 at 9:22pmQuote:
That's the wonderful thing about tube amps, I bet 50 years from now they would still be found. I have some CBS 12AX7 made in the late 50's in my tube amp sounding wonderful.post #238 of 84176/29/13 at 12:52pm
obviously theres no way to tell now without hearing it, but do you suspect the amp will carry the same signature of the mjolnir? i find the mj too precise and dry at times, causing some fatigue. i wonder if the new amp will give the existing design a hint of warmth and a more full bodied sound.post #239 of 84176/29/13 at 4:28pm
I think the larger fets running at higher currents and voltages will give a more relaxed and less forced sound signature.
Should be lots of fun.
I would definitely run an 845 at at least 800 volts!
Edited by kevin gilmore - 6/29/13 at 4:29pmpost #240 of 84176/29/13 at 6:02pm
Perhaps I missed it being said, but I can't help wondering if these two new gizmos are really the "Statement" equipment that keeps getting mentioned. Has anyone considered that these new models really aren't the "Statement" folks seem to be waiting for, but another intermediate model?
- New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 24 seconds ago
- › Fiio E17k Alpen 2 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Folio X5 2nd Gen problem..... 3 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 6 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 6 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3