or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil - Page 137

post #2041 of 9301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ableza View Post
 

IMO, when some people trash-talk gear they haven't heard it's because the price is more than they could afford.  So it's automatically "over priced" or "not worth it" or "product X costs half as much!" because they are jealous.  They can't afford it, they wish they could, so it's not worth the price and those who CAN afford it are fools for wasting their money.  It's one of the sillier things that happens on audio forums.  If you can't afford something, there is nothing wrong with that and it's no reason to snipe at those who can.  I can't afford to buy Burmester amps.  But I'd love to try them and I don't slag those who can, I admire them.


IMO, only incredibly vain and conceited people categorically discount criticism as mere jealousy.

post #2042 of 9301
Quote:
Originally Posted by anetode View Post
 


IMO, only incredibly vain and conceited people categorically discount criticism as mere jealousy.

When that criticism is based solely on price, I say discount it.  Every single time.  And criticism without personal experience of the gear is pure masturbation.


Edited by Ableza - 6/7/14 at 5:17pm
post #2043 of 9301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ableza View Post
 

criticism without personal experience of the gear is pure masturbation.

You say that like masturbation is a bad thing :smile:

post #2044 of 9301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ableza View Post
 

Thank you for making my point for me, rocksteady65.

 

Would you care to state what point that is? :blink:

post #2045 of 9301
Quote:
Originally Posted by anetode View Post
 

You say that like masturbation is a bad thing :smile:

When it's being done in public it can be, yes...  :ph34r:

post #2046 of 9301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ableza View Post
 

When it's being done in public it can be, yes...  :ph34r:

If your idea of in public includes the internet then I am sorry to have to tell you that we are elbow-deep in one biggest mutual masturbation communities out there.

 

Now back to the Rag/Ygg, lest one of the mods decides to lend a hand.

post #2047 of 9301
Quote:
Originally Posted by anetode View Post


IMO, only incredibly vain and conceited people categorically discount criticism as mere jealousy.

Had to look up vain and conceited, seem like they're both the same meaning, still I like to learn new vocabulary in english smily_headphones1.gif.
Of course, I'd rather read about the iggy in this thread but well, patience is in order.
post #2048 of 9301
I agree about getting back on topic, but I think this thread has just about served its purpose anyway. Rag will soon be released and get its own thread, as will Yggi...
post #2049 of 9301
Quote:
Originally Posted by anetode View Post
 

 

 

Now back to the Rag/Ygg, lest one of the mods decides to lend a hand.

Some of us will require both hands!

post #2050 of 9301

Thus the beauty of headphones.  Hands-free...

post #2051 of 9301

Wait... I could have been using my hans this whole time? :blink: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
edit: noticed the typo... decided it was better that way :biggrin:
post #2052 of 9301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

Wait... I could have been using my hans this whole time? blink.gif  

Who is Hans and why are using him in such a manner!!!! 😋






Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
edit: noticed the typo... decided it was better that way biggrin.gif
post #2053 of 9301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatsare1 View Post
Who is Hans and why are YOU using him in such a manner!!!! 😋

 

Ha ha! I had the exact same thought! :tongue_smile:

post #2054 of 9301
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksteady65 View Post
 

 

I see... So, based in your logic, the fact that the designer is active on this site effectively validates your assertion that the Hugo is State of the Art? Is that because he says so? Are you that naïve? Or do you have a vested interested on Chord? Hmmm...

And...there it is. The last resort of someone without a leg to stand on: accusations of a vested interest. You got me: I own the company. 

 

Apologies to Jason and the Schiit crew for contributing to this derailment. Everybody back to to the Rag discussion. 

post #2055 of 9301
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNelly View Post
 

And...there it is. The last resort of someone without a leg to stand on: accusations of a vested interest. You got me: I own the company. 

 

Apologies to Jason and the Schiit crew for contributing to this derailment. Everybody back to to the Rag discussion. 

 

Of course you don't, don't be silly! A shareholder perhaps? :tongue_smile: And unlike your credibility, my Two legs are in very good standing...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil