Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread Last post on Today at 4:05 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Who is thinking of buying the Schiit Yggdrasil? Last post on 12/4/15 at 10:14am in High-end Audio Forum
- Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise Last post on 5/20/15 at 11:44am in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Magni2 Uber/Modi2 Uber vs Vali/Loki Last post on 7/18/15 at 4:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Happens.....A Lesson In Customer Service. Last post on 12/8/15 at 2:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/30/15
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
DISCLAIMER I am in no way associated with the SoundMAGIC company. I have bought ES18 myself and just expressing my honest opinion here. ABOUT ME I am a 25 years old music enthusiast...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I've had the pleasure of listening to most of DUNU Topsound's hybrid earphones (DN1000, 2000...
Read the full review here! http://www.head-fi.org/t/809194/review-t-peos-rasiel
New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil - Page 125
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1862 of 92335/25/14 at 7:38ampost #1863 of 92335/25/14 at 10:08ampost #1864 of 92335/25/14 at 12:37pmQuote:What, no love for that finale?
And yet another off-topic post...gotta find ways to keep this thread going without actually talking about the products...post #1865 of 92335/25/14 at 12:56pmFor the sake of keeping the thread on topic, how are you guys planning on fitting the Rag into your setup, provided it performs as we hope?
I'll ultimately be feeding it with the Gungnir and use both the HD650 and HD800 with it. It will also replace my Emotiva XPA200, which drives my Polk A series.
Fingers crossed my plan stays in tactpost #1866 of 92335/25/14 at 1:32pmpost #1867 of 92335/25/14 at 2:15pmpost #1868 of 92335/25/14 at 2:59pm
I'm not going to talk too much on my device chain because you can see it in my signature, the question is if the Ragnarok is good enough to warrant a desktop space increase, because it definitely won't fit on my current desktop. Perhaps I'll think of getting a rack anyway.
Whoever gets hold of it, or rather, we need someone with a Vega and LCD-3 to get it (Other than me) to compare to Taurus, too... very important!post #1869 of 92335/25/14 at 3:42pmpost #1870 of 92335/25/14 at 4:07pmpost #1871 of 92335/25/14 at 4:19pmpost #1872 of 92335/25/14 at 5:02pmpost #1873 of 92335/25/14 at 5:20pm
That's if the YGG competes with Audio GD M7 we will have to wait and see.post #1874 of 92335/25/14 at 10:43pmprobably off topic (Click to show)
That's if the YGG competes with Audio GD M7 we will have to wait and see.
M7 uses end of production PCM1704UK chips, I doubt any other manufacturer would start a new design with these chips given the unreliable supply and ever increasing price.
In terms of performance level, I don't think it's worth comparing as Master 7 will have a different sound to most modern DAC's, save for a few using R2R vintage DAC chips.
I personally feel the R2R chips have limited niche appeal, they are not hifi sound like Sabre or other sigma delta.
Sooo anyway if Rag measures up I would probably use (some DAC yet to be selected) > Rag > HD800. Lack if remote would put me off quite a bit though as I use a rack.
- New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › For 6BL7 tube users 2 minutes ago
- › New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed. 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 3 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 4 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 5 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 5 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 6 minutes ago
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) the Duke by Zelda
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...