Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread Last post on Today at 10:53 am in High-end Audio Forum
- Who is thinking of buying the Schiit Yggdrasil? Last post on 10/9/15 at 10:33am in High-end Audio Forum
- Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise Last post on 5/20/15 at 11:44am in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Magni2 Uber/Modi2 Uber vs Vali/Loki Last post on 7/18/15 at 4:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Happens.....A Lesson In Customer Service. Last post on 5/15/15 at 8:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 6/26/15
-- The RBH EP3 is a brand new model succeeding the EP1 & EP2. ~ All photos were taken by me, no stock pictures from the manufacturer were used ~ *Packaging* Simple Box, but...
In 2012 Burson Audio introduced the Musician Series of headphone amplifiers that brought significant technical enhancements to their popular classic HA-160 line. Acknowledging that even the best...
Audio Technica has a long history of making wood-cupped headphones, both in limited edition and production models. The W2002, their first famous limited edition model, is now a highly...
Being a proud yet protective grandpa I was very interested when Brainwavz offered to let me review a pair of sound level attenuated headphones for kids. I would love to pass on my...
To start this off, i did not pay for my pair of 315. If i had payed for them the disappointment would be vast. I have a pair of SE215 and while they are not my favourite iem, they have their...
New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil - Page 125
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1862 of 88405/25/14 at 7:38ampost #1863 of 88405/25/14 at 10:08ampost #1864 of 88405/25/14 at 12:37pmQuote:What, no love for that finale?
And yet another off-topic post...gotta find ways to keep this thread going without actually talking about the products...post #1865 of 88405/25/14 at 12:56pmFor the sake of keeping the thread on topic, how are you guys planning on fitting the Rag into your setup, provided it performs as we hope?
I'll ultimately be feeding it with the Gungnir and use both the HD650 and HD800 with it. It will also replace my Emotiva XPA200, which drives my Polk A series.
Fingers crossed my plan stays in tactpost #1866 of 88405/25/14 at 1:32pmpost #1867 of 88405/25/14 at 2:15pmpost #1868 of 88405/25/14 at 2:59pm
I'm not going to talk too much on my device chain because you can see it in my signature, the question is if the Ragnarok is good enough to warrant a desktop space increase, because it definitely won't fit on my current desktop. Perhaps I'll think of getting a rack anyway.
Whoever gets hold of it, or rather, we need someone with a Vega and LCD-3 to get it (Other than me) to compare to Taurus, too... very important!post #1869 of 88405/25/14 at 3:42pmpost #1870 of 88405/25/14 at 4:07pmpost #1871 of 88405/25/14 at 4:19pmpost #1872 of 88405/25/14 at 5:02pmpost #1873 of 88405/25/14 at 5:20pm
That's if the YGG competes with Audio GD M7 we will have to wait and see.post #1874 of 88405/25/14 at 10:43pmprobably off topic (Click to show)
That's if the YGG competes with Audio GD M7 we will have to wait and see.
M7 uses end of production PCM1704UK chips, I doubt any other manufacturer would start a new design with these chips given the unreliable supply and ever increasing price.
In terms of performance level, I don't think it's worth comparing as Master 7 will have a different sound to most modern DAC's, save for a few using R2R vintage DAC chips.
I personally feel the R2R chips have limited niche appeal, they are not hifi sound like Sabre or other sigma delta.
Sooo anyway if Rag measures up I would probably use (some DAC yet to be selected) > Rag > HD800. Lack if remote would put me off quite a bit though as I use a rack.
- New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › what's more important, a good DAC or a Good Amp? 11 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 16 seconds ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 36 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 36 seconds ago
- › Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Best DAP under 500$? 1 minute ago
- › Torpedo III Build Thread 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › 🇸🇬 CanJam Singapore 2016 (20 February - 21 February) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser or Soundmagic 2 minutes ago
- › RBH EP-3 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Burson Audio Conductor Virtuoso DAC1 ESS9018 DAC and Headphone Preamp by iDesign
- › Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Z by Currawong
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by mark2410
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by yfnt
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2