Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 10/5/14 at 12:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up Last post on Yesterday at 11:19 pm in Jason Stoddard
- Toys for Boys Last post on 12/23/14 at 11:31pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Schiit Stack + New sound card? Last post on 12/12/14 at 7:13am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier Last post on Yesterday at 11:08 pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Last edited: 11/28/14
I will keep this review short as there are lots of other well done in depth reviews out there. I have had this unit for a while now ( about 4-5 months) and I love it. I have had no issues with it...
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil - Page 125
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
It was a good moment from a TV show that crashed and burned, very badly!
And yet another off-topic post...gotta find ways to keep this thread going without actually talking about the products...
I'll ultimately be feeding it with the Gungnir and use both the HD650 and HD800 with it. It will also replace my Emotiva XPA200, which drives my Polk A series.
Fingers crossed my plan stays in tact
That's if the YGG competes with Audio GD M7 we will have to wait and see.
M7 uses end of production PCM1704UK chips, I doubt any other manufacturer would start a new design with these chips given the unreliable supply and ever increasing price.
In terms of performance level, I don't think it's worth comparing as Master 7 will have a different sound to most modern DAC's, save for a few using R2R vintage DAC chips.
I personally feel the R2R chips have limited niche appeal, they are not hifi sound like Sabre or other sigma delta.
Sooo anyway if Rag measures up I would probably use (some DAC yet to be selected) > Rag > HD800. Lack if remote would put me off quite a bit though as I use a rack.
- New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Portable headphone amps 57 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted) 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for new headphones, one of those "music is my life" kinda guy 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Recommend a DAP for sub $500 7 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 8 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)