Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread Last post on Today at 5:54 am in High-end Audio Forum
- Who is thinking of buying the Schiit Yggdrasil? Last post on 12/4/15 at 10:14am in High-end Audio Forum
- Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise Last post on 5/20/15 at 11:44am in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Magni2 Uber/Modi2 Uber vs Vali/Loki Last post on 7/18/15 at 4:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Happens.....A Lesson In Customer Service. Last post on 12/8/15 at 2:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/30/15
For larger images - please click individual photosINTRODUCTIONThis was the 2nd round of the HifiMan review tour of the two new DAPs in their portfolio. I posted the review of the SuperMini earlier...
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
This is a review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC DAC/amp combo. The Zorloo ZuperDAC was sendt to me for free from Zorloo in exchange for my honest review of it. I’d like to say THANK YOU to Zorloo for...
Not an audiophile, but here are my most notable impressions of these in ears: They're V-Shaped Natural, warm, accurate, true to life are not the words I'd use to describe these headphones....
New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil - Page 125
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1862 of 92905/25/14 at 7:38ampost #1863 of 92905/25/14 at 10:08ampost #1864 of 92905/25/14 at 12:37pmQuote:What, no love for that finale?
And yet another off-topic post...gotta find ways to keep this thread going without actually talking about the products...post #1865 of 92905/25/14 at 12:56pmFor the sake of keeping the thread on topic, how are you guys planning on fitting the Rag into your setup, provided it performs as we hope?
I'll ultimately be feeding it with the Gungnir and use both the HD650 and HD800 with it. It will also replace my Emotiva XPA200, which drives my Polk A series.
Fingers crossed my plan stays in tactpost #1866 of 92905/25/14 at 1:32pmpost #1867 of 92905/25/14 at 2:15pmpost #1868 of 92905/25/14 at 2:59pm
I'm not going to talk too much on my device chain because you can see it in my signature, the question is if the Ragnarok is good enough to warrant a desktop space increase, because it definitely won't fit on my current desktop. Perhaps I'll think of getting a rack anyway.
Whoever gets hold of it, or rather, we need someone with a Vega and LCD-3 to get it (Other than me) to compare to Taurus, too... very important!post #1869 of 92905/25/14 at 3:42pmpost #1870 of 92905/25/14 at 4:07pmpost #1871 of 92905/25/14 at 4:19pmpost #1872 of 92905/25/14 at 5:02pmpost #1873 of 92905/25/14 at 5:20pm
That's if the YGG competes with Audio GD M7 we will have to wait and see.post #1874 of 92905/25/14 at 10:43pmprobably off topic (Click to show)
That's if the YGG competes with Audio GD M7 we will have to wait and see.
M7 uses end of production PCM1704UK chips, I doubt any other manufacturer would start a new design with these chips given the unreliable supply and ever increasing price.
In terms of performance level, I don't think it's worth comparing as Master 7 will have a different sound to most modern DAC's, save for a few using R2R vintage DAC chips.
I personally feel the R2R chips have limited niche appeal, they are not hifi sound like Sabre or other sigma delta.
Sooo anyway if Rag measures up I would probably use (some DAC yet to be selected) > Rag > HD800. Lack if remote would put me off quite a bit though as I use a rack.
- New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Headphone dust cover 22 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 48 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › GRADO GR8 [ Full Review ] + Picture + Updated!! 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Nuforce HEM Discussion & Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Gemtune Urbanfun Hifi Dual-driver In-ear Headphones,Hybrid Balanced... by loomisjohnson
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...