Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread Last post on Today at 5:18 am in High-end Audio Forum
- Who is thinking of buying the Schiit Yggdrasil? Last post on 6/4/15 at 6:38am in High-end Audio Forum
- Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise Last post on 5/20/15 at 11:44am in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Magni2 Uber/Modi2 Uber vs Vali/Loki Last post on 7/18/15 at 4:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Happens.....A Lesson In Customer Service. Last post on 5/15/15 at 8:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 6/26/15
New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil - Page 125
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1862 of 87175/25/14 at 7:38ampost #1863 of 87175/25/14 at 10:08ampost #1864 of 87175/25/14 at 12:37pmQuote:What, no love for that finale?
And yet another off-topic post...gotta find ways to keep this thread going without actually talking about the products...post #1865 of 87175/25/14 at 12:56pmFor the sake of keeping the thread on topic, how are you guys planning on fitting the Rag into your setup, provided it performs as we hope?
I'll ultimately be feeding it with the Gungnir and use both the HD650 and HD800 with it. It will also replace my Emotiva XPA200, which drives my Polk A series.
Fingers crossed my plan stays in tactpost #1866 of 87175/25/14 at 1:32pmpost #1867 of 87175/25/14 at 2:15pmpost #1868 of 87175/25/14 at 2:59pm
I'm not going to talk too much on my device chain because you can see it in my signature, the question is if the Ragnarok is good enough to warrant a desktop space increase, because it definitely won't fit on my current desktop. Perhaps I'll think of getting a rack anyway.
Whoever gets hold of it, or rather, we need someone with a Vega and LCD-3 to get it (Other than me) to compare to Taurus, too... very important!post #1869 of 87175/25/14 at 3:42pmpost #1870 of 87175/25/14 at 4:07pmpost #1871 of 87175/25/14 at 4:19pmpost #1872 of 87175/25/14 at 5:02pmpost #1873 of 87175/25/14 at 5:20pm
That's if the YGG competes with Audio GD M7 we will have to wait and see.post #1874 of 87175/25/14 at 10:43pmprobably off topic (Click to show)
That's if the YGG competes with Audio GD M7 we will have to wait and see.
M7 uses end of production PCM1704UK chips, I doubt any other manufacturer would start a new design with these chips given the unreliable supply and ever increasing price.
In terms of performance level, I don't think it's worth comparing as Master 7 will have a different sound to most modern DAC's, save for a few using R2R vintage DAC chips.
I personally feel the R2R chips have limited niche appeal, they are not hifi sound like Sabre or other sigma delta.
Sooo anyway if Rag measures up I would probably use (some DAC yet to be selected) > Rag > HD800. Lack if remote would put me off quite a bit though as I use a rack.
- New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › iBasso DX50/DX90 Wallpaper (320x240) Gallery 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 2 minutes ago
- › Anyone with an Asus Phone? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Anyone heard anything about Nobsound amps? Something smells funny... 5 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 6 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2