Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread Last post on Today at 8:10 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Who is thinking of buying the Schiit Yggdrasil? Last post on 12/4/15 at 10:14am in High-end Audio Forum
- Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise Last post on 5/20/15 at 11:44am in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Magni2 Uber/Modi2 Uber vs Vali/Loki Last post on 7/18/15 at 4:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Happens.....A Lesson In Customer Service. Last post on 12/8/15 at 2:19pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/30/15
Review: Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone Touch Panel Control activated Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is...
The Z2016. A strange beast that did have some potential Introduction Zhiyin is a name that has recently caused quite a stir here on Head-Fi after releasing their flagship model the QT5. Some...
Big thanks to InEar and Musicteck for providing a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil - Page 125
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1862 of 92525/25/14 at 7:38ampost #1863 of 92525/25/14 at 10:08ampost #1864 of 92525/25/14 at 12:37pmQuote:What, no love for that finale?
And yet another off-topic post...gotta find ways to keep this thread going without actually talking about the products...post #1865 of 92525/25/14 at 12:56pmFor the sake of keeping the thread on topic, how are you guys planning on fitting the Rag into your setup, provided it performs as we hope?
I'll ultimately be feeding it with the Gungnir and use both the HD650 and HD800 with it. It will also replace my Emotiva XPA200, which drives my Polk A series.
Fingers crossed my plan stays in tactpost #1866 of 92525/25/14 at 1:32pmpost #1867 of 92525/25/14 at 2:15pmpost #1868 of 92525/25/14 at 2:59pm
I'm not going to talk too much on my device chain because you can see it in my signature, the question is if the Ragnarok is good enough to warrant a desktop space increase, because it definitely won't fit on my current desktop. Perhaps I'll think of getting a rack anyway.
Whoever gets hold of it, or rather, we need someone with a Vega and LCD-3 to get it (Other than me) to compare to Taurus, too... very important!post #1869 of 92525/25/14 at 3:42pmpost #1870 of 92525/25/14 at 4:07pmpost #1871 of 92525/25/14 at 4:19pmpost #1872 of 92525/25/14 at 5:02pmpost #1873 of 92525/25/14 at 5:20pm
That's if the YGG competes with Audio GD M7 we will have to wait and see.post #1874 of 92525/25/14 at 10:43pmprobably off topic (Click to show)
That's if the YGG competes with Audio GD M7 we will have to wait and see.
M7 uses end of production PCM1704UK chips, I doubt any other manufacturer would start a new design with these chips given the unreliable supply and ever increasing price.
In terms of performance level, I don't think it's worth comparing as Master 7 will have a different sound to most modern DAC's, save for a few using R2R vintage DAC chips.
I personally feel the R2R chips have limited niche appeal, they are not hifi sound like Sabre or other sigma delta.
Sooo anyway if Rag measures up I would probably use (some DAC yet to be selected) > Rag > HD800. Lack if remote would put me off quite a bit though as I use a rack.
- New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Popular Classical Music 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Matrix M-Stage HPA-3U and HPA-3B, review to follow! 8 minutes ago
- › What amplifier to get around 100 dollars? 8 minutes ago
- › Chapter 5 - Getting It Wrong 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 11 minutes ago
- › peter123's reviews, planned reviews, first impressions and... 11 minutes ago
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...