Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil - Page 10

post #136 of 2694
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin gilmore View Post

Should make a killer executive desktop system with a pair of the mini maggies.

as a replacement for what I have at work now.

 

Ha, yes, we're actually using the mini Maggies as one of the speakers in development. Though you better have a lot of desk space!

 

One of the nice things about the microprocessor control is that we're also using it to monitor all current and DC conditions, so it's actually setting the quiescent current and managing DC, as well as monitoring for faults--so there's no need for a DC servo at all. So, DC coupled all the way through, no servo, and no worries about drift.

 

Still running a few versions of output devices, one depletion mode, one lateral, one vertical...decisions...


Edited by Jason Stoddard - 6/22/13 at 7:11am
post #137 of 2694

The speakers i'm currenly using are already bigger and WAY heavier than the maggies, and my desk is not really

a desk, and is 7.5 feet wide. Think old school. It will fit. I will MAKE it fit. With the 32 inch monitor. And there will

be enough room between the maggies and the back wall.

 

But what I really want is one of these.  Trouble is it won't fit thru the door.

 

http://www.mbwfurniture.com/products.cfm?prodID=14466

post #138 of 2694
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin gilmore View Post

The speakers i'm currenly using are already bigger and WAY heavier than the maggies, and my desk is not really

a desk, and is 7.5 feet wide. Think old school. It will fit. I will MAKE it fit.

eek.gif

post #139 of 2694

Time to bum rush the mini Maggies....

post #140 of 2694

i assume the output power spec stated is for only the speaker terminals.

what will the headphone outs produce, power wise?

post #141 of 2694
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldson View Post

i assume the output power spec stated is for only the speaker terminals.
what will the headphone outs produce, power wise?

It has power output specs for headphones and speakers. I believe it's 15W into 32 ohms, 9.6W into 50 ohms, 1.6W into 300 ohms and 800mW into 600 ohms.
post #142 of 2694
Easiest way to tell that those are the headphone specs is that it's extremely rare to find a speaker above 16 ohms.
post #143 of 2694
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzerdave View Post


It has power output specs for headphones and speakers. I believe it's 15W into 32 ohms, 9.6W into 50 ohms, 1.6W into 300 ohms and 800mW into 600 ohms.

but you can tap headphones off the speaker terminals, so it aint exactly clear!

post #144 of 2694

I wonder if the Ragnarak will pair better with my Mini-Maggies than my Parasound A21...  Seems a bit of a stretch, but one can only hope.

post #145 of 2694
So people who don't like sumo and have never used a circlotron outside the toilet bowl have to stand 20 minutes on their head before grasping the greatness?
I predict a flurry of sales. Send it to Srajan ASAP. biggrin.gif
post #146 of 2694

Just because you don't grasp how good this design is doesn't mean it should be sided with 6moons level garbage. 

 

I think the Schiit amp may have just one problem, it's too cheap to be taken seriously by the price snobs. 

post #147 of 2694

if thats cheap for a headphone amp i may as well give up.

post #148 of 2694
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldson View Post

if thats cheap for a headphone amp i may as well give up.

It appears to be aiming to compete more with amps like the Cavalli Liquid Gold which has no speaker taps and retails for almost $6500. There are plenty of cheaper headphone amps, but none that are really aimed at the same target. Plus you should realize that it's not really a headphone amp. That's an integrated amp with multiple headphone outputs and gain switching. When compared to those, it's pretty cheap. Whether it actually hits its target or not remains to be seen, but if it does, it's an amazing value.
post #149 of 2694
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzerdave View Post


It appears to be aiming to compete more with amps like the Cavalli Liquid Gold which has no speaker taps and retails for almost $6500. There are plenty of cheaper headphone amps, but none that are really aimed at the same target. Plus you should realize that it's not really a headphone amp. That's an integrated amp with multiple headphone outputs and gain switching. When compared to those, it's pretty cheap. Whether it actually hits its target or not remains to be seen, but if it does, it's an amazing value.

i take your point.

did not know the price of the CLG. that is a different world for me.

this new Schitt is interesting though. sadly you can add another 20% to its price for us UK martyrs ;(

post #150 of 2694
The Ragnarok amp is very interesting in that it is clean enough for IEMs AND powerful enough for speakers. There are DIY amps (e.g., Beta22) that can do the same, but non-DIY folks are probably better off going with Shiit Ragnarok.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil