Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil - Page 85

post #1261 of 4262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitori View Post
 

same thing for yggdrasil please!!!! :D 

Pleeeeease!!!!!!!!

post #1262 of 4262
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomlink View Post
 


+1

Did anybody get a listen at the OC meet? HD800s?

 

I heard the Ragnarok with the Alpha Dog and HD800 at Jason's table. I was very impressed with the sound quality and I'd probably look at the Ragnarok as an all-in-one amp/preamp end all be all of amplifiers. The volume knob had a ton of play and both headphones sounded fantastic through the Ragnarok. Did I mention I listened to the Alpha Dogs through them? Now I am going to order a pair :L3000:

post #1263 of 4262
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsmoh View Post
 

 

I heard the Ragnarok with the Alpha Dog and HD800 at Jason's table. I was very impressed with the sound quality and I'd probably look at the Ragnarok as an all-in-one amp/preamp end all be all of amplifiers. The volume knob had a ton of play and both headphones sounded fantastic through the Ragnarok. Did I mention I listened to the Alpha Dogs through them? Now I am going to order a pair :L3000:


This is great for me to read.  I have the Alpha's, and really think this amp could be an endgame unit for me.

post #1264 of 4262
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoEars View Post
 

I didn't realize this thing was going to have speaker taps, very nice.

 

OK, based on your previous comments, I'm beginning to wonder if you read the OP at all  ;)

 

(and Jason is probably wondering if any of us have read it, but in my defence it was soooo long ago ....)

post #1265 of 4262
Quote:
Originally Posted by estreeter View Post

OK, based on your previous comments, I'm beginning to wonder if you read the OP at all  wink.gif

(and Jason is probably wondering if any of us have read it, but in my defence it was soooo long ago ....)

The OP also says availability in late 2013 wink.gif
post #1266 of 4262
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsmoh View Post
 

 

I heard the Ragnarok with the Alpha Dog and HD800 at Jason's table. I was very impressed with the sound quality and I'd probably look at the Ragnarok as an all-in-one amp/preamp end all be all of amplifiers. The volume knob had a ton of play and both headphones sounded fantastic through the Ragnarok. Did I mention I listened to the Alpha Dogs through them? Now I am going to order a pair :L3000:

 

 

Thanks for that - now all I have to do is get my hands on one (I'm sure stock will be an issue when it goes on sale) and take it to my KEF dealer. Very promising.

 

 

92dB @ 8ohm - hardly AR monoblock territory  :D

post #1267 of 4262
Quote:
Originally Posted by estreeter View Post
 

 

 

Thanks for that - now all I have to do is get my hands on one (I'm sure stock will be an issue when it goes on sale) and take it to my KEF dealer. Very promising.

 

 

92dB @ 8ohm - hardly AR monoblock territory  :D

are those r500 or r900?

post #1268 of 4262
Quote:
Originally Posted by estreeter View Post
 

 

 

Thanks for that - now all I have to do is get my hands on one (I'm sure stock will be an issue when it goes on sale) and take it to my KEF dealer. Very promising.

 

 

92dB @ 8ohm - hardly AR monoblock territory  :D

These new KEFs caught my eye as well.  I've had the Ascend Sierra Tower on my to buy list for quite a while but I thought I should take a closer look at these before committing to anything.

post #1269 of 4262

Yeah, those speakers looks sexsational. Have your heard them or own them? If so how do they fair good sir?

post #1270 of 4262

It's the R500, but the 700/900 models seem to justify the increase in price via a larger enclosure and correspondingly heftier bass response : AFAIK, they have the same driver array.

 

Curiously for mine, KEF seems intent on targeting the smaller model floorstander at the HT crowd, where the R-series has reportedly been well received - if this review is anything to go by, there is a lot more to the R500 than most Blu-Ray soundtracks would hope to reveal :

 

http://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=444:kef-r500-loudspeakers

 

I understand that many with larger rooms will rush straight for larger speakers, but I will have the opposite problem to contend with and its very easy to overpower a smaller room.

post #1271 of 4262
Quote:
Originally Posted by customNuts View Post
 

Yeah, those speakers looks sexsational. Have your heard them or own them? If so how do they fair good sir?

 

Will audition them in late April-early May. Was originally drawn to the 'must-have' speaker of the last 12 or so months, KEF's LS50, but I'd really like a 3-way design that's large enough to generate solid bass. I guess I'll find out soon enough whether these fit the bill - the rest is up to Jason and Co over the next ~30 days  :D

post #1272 of 4262
Quote:
Originally Posted by BournePerfect View Post
 

Jason already explained his sound reasoning for not implementing a remote. Do your own research. :facepalm:

 

-Daniel

 

No need to get snippy.

 

I like an integrated amplifier to have these minimum features: good headphone out, remote control, preamp output, power amp input, mute, no power-up/down thump and an actual remote you wouldn't mind using - even if it's basic.

 

Even better if it has no cheap volume pot inside, sensitivity adjustment for each channel for volume matching, balance control and subwoofer output.

 

As to the sound reasoning, I'm sure it makes sense for him. For me the lack of a remote makes this amp a desktop amp, for the computer generation. Which is OK, that's Schiit's audience anyway. If they can spend $500 for an iPhone that lasts them two years, they sure as hell can spend $1500 on an amplifier to last them 20 years.


Edited by eugenius - 3/25/14 at 11:23pm
post #1273 of 4262
Perhaps Mike is saving the remote for the Yggy? Not sure what his stance on digital volume is, but perhaps their new approach will include signal attenuation above 24bits (inaudible).
post #1274 of 4262
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenius View Post
 

 

No need to get snippy.

 

I like an integrated amplifier to have these minimum features: good headphone out, remote control, preamp output, power amp input, mute, no power-up/down thump and an actual remote you wouldn't mind using - even if it's basic.

 

Even better if it has no cheap volume pot inside, sensitivity adjustment for each channel for volume matching, balance control and subwoofer output.

 

As to the sound reasoning, I'm sure it makes sense for him. For me the lack of a remote makes this amp a desktop amp, for the computer generation. Which is OK, that's Schiit's audience anyway. If they can spend $500 for an iPhone that lasts them two years, they sure as hell can spend $1500 on an amplifier to last them 20 years.

 

Sounds like you better be looking at other options, then.

-Daniel

post #1275 of 4262

For a $1500 amp geared mainly towards desktop headphones listening, I wouldn't expect a remote control feature to be included. If there's anything to facepalm about, it's that you expected otherwise. Hell, even my speaker amp doesn't have remote control feature, but it's not a high end one. For mainly desktop headphone listeners (majority of head-fiers and Schiit prospect customers), that feature would be useless, and will probably bump the price up at least $200. To that I say nay. Keep things simple and free of (expensive) bells and whistles. Schiit's target demographic has never been speaker listeners, and that hasn't exactly been made unclear at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenius View Post
 

 

No need to get snippy.

 

I like an integrated amplifier to have these minimum features: good headphone out, remote control, preamp output, power amp input, mute, no power-up/down thump and an actual remote you wouldn't mind using - even if it's basic.

 

Even better if it has no cheap volume pot inside, sensitivity adjustment for each channel for volume matching, balance control and subwoofer output.

 

As to the sound reasoning, I'm sure it makes sense for him. For me the lack of a remote makes this amp a desktop amp, for the computer generation. Which is OK, that's Schiit's audience anyway. If they can spend $500 for an iPhone that lasts them two years, they sure as hell can spend $1500 on an amplifier to last them 20 years.


Edited by tigon_ridge - 3/26/14 at 12:53am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil