Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil - Page 8

post #106 of 4262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

 

Just a regular oracle


My crystal ball just told me you're a smartass.

post #107 of 4262

me gusta

post #108 of 4262

Thanks for the response guys. I didn't bother to take a close look at the pic and missed the headphone out. tongue.gif

post #109 of 4262

Will be interesting to see how this dac/amp combo (and individually) compare to other hi-fi legends (Zana Deux, HeadAmp, Cavalli, Woo, Decware etc).

post #110 of 4262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcalibur255 View Post


My crystal ball just told me you're a smartass

 

All in good fun, don't take it too personal. Although, saying "I CALLED IT" is quite childish don't you think? 

 

Anyways, what does your crystal ball tell you is Schiit's next venture? Fingers crossed it is a DAC with an good IS2 implementation...

post #111 of 4262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

 

All in good fun, don't take it too personal. Although, saying "I CALLED IT" is quite childish don't you think? 

 

Anyways, what does your crystal ball tell you is Schiit's next venture? Fingers crossed it is a DAC with an good IS2 implementation...

 

 

They still could add the I2S to this one....

 

Or a e-stat amp..

post #112 of 4262

My wallet just facepalmed.

 

Still, too little power to feed Magnepans 8(.

I think id want that quality paired with maggies :D.


Edited by catspaw - 6/21/13 at 3:32am
post #113 of 4262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Stoddard View Post

 

Current firmware lets you cycle through "only speakers, only headphones, both," by holding down the source button. There. And I won't even increase the price by $50.

 

Great news, Jason! ;D

 

Makes it a lot more practical not having to unplug the headphones when listening to speakers, and also it is great to be able to have both speakers and headphones playing sometimes. 

post #114 of 4262

Somehow I find the Schiit brand so cheesy, hard to take seriously..

post #115 of 4262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headzone View Post

Somehow I find the Schiit brand so cheesy, hard to take seriously..

 

Why? The naming? 

post #116 of 4262
Why does everything new these days have balanced outputs? Very few people have a balanced pre amp, and I have done lots of blind testing on this subject and there no audible advantage that me and 4 others could here. This was done using Linn Klimax pre and powers and N801 speakers
post #117 of 4262
Thread Starter 

A balanced connection has a positive and negative wire and the signal is received on the far end of the connection by measuring the difference in voltage between the two wires. Since electromagnetic interference will affect both wires equally, noise from external interference is essentially cancelled out. It's most useful in a studio environment where you have long cable runs and lots of electronics that can cause noise interference in your audio chain. And even though I'll probably be attacked for saying this, any perceived audio quality gain in a home setting is almost certainly placebic.

post #118 of 4262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalker81598 View Post

A balanced connection has a positive and negative wire and the signal is received on the far end of the connection by measuring the difference in voltage between the two wires. Since electromagnetic interference will affect both wires equally, noise from external interference is essentially cancelled out. It's most useful in a studio environment where you have long cable runs and lots of electronics that can cause noise interference in your audio chain. And even though I'll probably be attacked for saying this, any perceived audio quality gain in a home setting is almost certainly placebic.

 

Ok, I'll attack you! A home theatre system has: powerlines speaker cables RF cables digital cables analog interconnects all in close proximity sound like a good application for balanced interconnect cabling?
post #119 of 4262
I thought Schiit was about value .... an 1600$ 60W amplifier with (GASP!) a relay volume control. :P
And a 1900$ DAC with a trick digital filter ... it must be a world first at this price. You know, like an Apple innovation. smily_headphones1.gif
post #120 of 4262
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenius View Post

I thought Schiit was about value .... an 1600$ 60W amplifier with (GASP!) a relay volume control. :P
And a 1900$ DAC with a trick digital filter ... it must be a world first at this price. You know, like an Apple innovation. smily_headphones1.gif

See First Watt products first before you decide who's the Apple here wink.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil