Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please) - Page 56

Poll Results: What would you buy the XBOX ONE or the PS4?

 
  • 15% (33)
    XBOX ONE
  • 72% (157)
    PS4
  • 12% (28)
    Neither
218 Total Votes  
post #826 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post
 

Even better, the X360 "exclusives" that would interest me the most are... ports of Japanese arcade games, like Shmups and Tetris Grand Master (hence the quoting). Of course, they're almost all Japan-only and region locked, so I would have to import an NTSC-J console or mod one from the beginning. :-/

Dodonpachi is not region locked though if your into shmups. Though I read somewhere you made need an old xbox or something. I know you can get soukygurentai on PS3 with no region problems.

post #827 of 834

Yo,

 

I don't know if anyone has tried, but USB DAC's work on the PS4 from the USB outputs. The PS4 see's the DAC as a headphone. I tried with my Headstreamer and V800, both worked great. In fact it sounds cleaner than using optical.

post #828 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_X View Post

Yo,

I don't know if anyone has tried, but USB DAC's work on the PS4 from the USB outputs. The PS4 see's the DAC as a headphone. I tried with my Headstreamer and V800, both worked great. In fact it sounds cleaner than using optical.

What???!!! That's great news.
So can we like use DSD USB DACs with it or maybe just regular ones for music.
Will a USB capable Dolby Headphone DAC work?
This would be a great advantage for some, as it'd enable the manufacturers to make some USB DACs or some users to use these.
Could be a significant advantage over the One if it can't do that...
post #829 of 834

Indeed. It works perfectly fine, though the Headstreamer is quite as it lacks a physical potentiometer. I tried with the Audioengine D1 and DragonFly. Both worked great. The Headstreamer and DragonFly didn't get that loud though. Skip running from optical, this method is way better. Pair the PS4 with a good USB DAC and you're in the money.

 

USB will only output stereo of course but a Dolby DAC would work, you just won't have a 5.1 or 7.1 signal being fed to the DAC.

 

So using the Schiit Modi/Magni is a reality on this bad boy. I haven't tested it myself, but I believe it will work. All USB DAC's should work fine.

 

Right now I have my V200 and V800 next to my PS4 and I was using it while playing Infamous. The V800+V200 gets loud as hell and sounds darned good.


Edited by Zombie_X - 3/24/14 at 9:56pm
post #830 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_X View Post
 

Indeed. It works perfectly fine, though the Headstreamer is quite as it lacks a physical potentiometer. I tried with the Audioengine D1 and DragonFly. Both worked great. The Headstreamer and DragonFly didn't get that loud though. Skip running from optical, this method is way better. Pair the PS4 with a good USB DAC and you're in the money.

 

USB will only output stereo of course but a Dolby DAC would work, you just won't have a 5.1 or 7.1 signal being fed to the DAC.

 

So using the Schiit Modi/Magni is a reality on this bad boy. I haven't tested it myself, but I believe it will work. All USB DAC's should work fine.

 

Right now I have my V200 and V800 next to my PS4 and I was using it while playing Infamous. The V800+V200 gets loud as hell and sounds darned good.


Have you tried watching a blue ray film through your dac..if so, did you get sound?

post #831 of 834
Pretty sure the usb sound output is as generic as can be. Probably 16bit/44khz. The ps4 won't read what it is, or allow the devices drivers to be installed. It will de I ault to geberic sound drivers.

Wisest choice would be using a dac with an optical input, for those that are against gaming devices.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 3/25/14 at 12:25pm
post #832 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin vegas View Post
 


Have you tried watching a blue ray film through your dac..if so, did you get sound?

 

Hey,

 

Yes, audio output works perfectly fine. I watched Underworld 2 and The Wolfman. I got sound from both. Even though The Wolfman was outputting in DTS, the Headstreamer still decoded it fine, though I recommend LPCM output for this.

 

I believe the PS4 uses a generic driver, like Windows. It does sound really good though. I get 44k, 48k, and 96k (on Nordic Sound Blu-Ray). 

 

Try it before you knock it. I can't stress it enough that an amp is essential when using a DAC with no physical POT. The Headstreamer is quite while the V800 is loud.

post #833 of 834
Thanks

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
post #834 of 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_X View Post
 

 

Hey,

 

Yes, audio output works perfectly fine. I watched Underworld 2 and The Wolfman. I got sound from both. Even though The Wolfman was outputting in DTS, the Headstreamer still decoded it fine, though I recommend LPCM output for this.

 

I believe the PS4 uses a generic driver, like Windows. It does sound really good though. I get 44k, 48k, and 96k (on Nordic Sound Blu-Ray). 

 

Try it before you knock it. I can't stress it enough that an amp is essential when using a DAC with no physical POT. The Headstreamer is quite while the V800 is loud.


Got myself a ps4 today, it came with infamous second son..everything works fine with my dac..I am impressed with the ps4..it's simple to use..good graphics and sound and the controllers rechargeable.. p.s called mrmartinvegas on psn if anyone wants to add me!


Edited by martin vegas - 3/27/14 at 11:24am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)