Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please) - Page 44

Poll Results: What would you buy the XBOX ONE or the PS4?

 
  • 14% (40)
    XBOX ONE
  • 72% (194)
    PS4
  • 12% (34)
    Neither
268 Total Votes  
post #646 of 1029
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
 

 

Why? Still talking about the Xbox One, and the PS4. We just threw in some Wii U and PC gaming into the mix.

Nothing wrong with that, right?

post #647 of 1029
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
 

 

Who cares about the Wii U? This is a hardcore gamer's thread :p.

 

As for the ram, I should have been more clear. The GDDR5 ram in the PS4 is also accessed by the CPU. I know of no PC with a CPU that has access to that fast of ram.

 

As for the Omni, that's pre-order, so thanks for proving my point :)

 

Oh, my sincere apologies. I didn't realize that three months on pre-order was anything someone who waited a year for the XboxOne and PS4 would be impatient over.

As for hardcore games, there a plenty of hardcore games that are Nintendo Exclusive so I don't even know why you are bringing that up. Unless you're waiting for them to sell those to Sony like they did with the FF series? ;) But then again, with three months being so far away I doubt that's even a thought in your mind.

 

The PS4 does in fact run faster than the WiiU CPU by about 0.4 GHz but this sort of difference is expected in $100.00.

 

I think it is incorrect to say the WiiU is incapable of hardcore gaming on par with XboxOne and PS4.

post #648 of 1029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post


Yes, the Wii U came out a year before the Xbox one and ps4... 6 years after the 360 and PS3.

But ask yourself this: Does the Wii U perform like the new gen consoles? Or old gen?

Deal with it, bud. Both with the fact of how I (and many other people) use the word 'generation' when dealing with electronics... and that Nintendo is basically behind by a "generation" when compared to other consoles.

*game over*

 

I don't know if you ever read the specs on the Wii U, but your ignorance is certainly showing. You are really undermining its performance without any clear evidence. Part of the problem though is that Nintendo has not released any information on its hardware capabilities so I'm not really blaming you for that either.

Wii U offers exclusives found on no other gaming system.

Wii U has innovative design with complete backwards compatibility to the Wii.

Wii U is $100.00 cheaper than a PS4 and $200 cheaper than an XboxOne.

Wii U is more compact than the PS4 and XboxOne.

The Wii U comes with the option (not all games) to be played off screen and on the tablet alone.

When I compare my Wii U to the older Xbox360 and PS3 the first thing I notice is: The WiiU is actually fun to play, so why would I bother wasting my money on an XboxOne or PS4?

Obviously these are not the only facts about the WiiU but it should be more than enough to uphold the WiiU as a current-gen console and IMO a better buy than the XboxOne or PS4.


Edited by ASillyUsername - 1/12/14 at 7:38am
post #649 of 1029
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASillyUsername View Post

 

 

I think it is incorrect to say the WiiU is incapable of hardcore gaming on par with XboxOne and PS4.

 

My statement was that the PS4 and 360 do qualify as next gen. I don't care how long you have to wait for something. The fact that the features of these consoles do not exist in the market today, means they qualify under that designation.

 

As for what I quoted from you above, there is nothing from a technical perspective that keeps the Wii U from being capable of being a hardcore gaming system. However outside of one or two releases of games, it's just not. It's a Nintendo system that will have a tom of crapware, a few 3rd party titles worth owning, and all the Nintendo IP's that people buy the console for. It will follow in the Wii''s footsteps.

 

Oh, and just to clear up something you said... The Wii U has 2 Gig of GDDR3 vs 8 Gig GDDR5. It's GPU performance is 0.352 TFLOP's vs 1.84 TFLOP's of the PS4. The Wii U is not remotely as powerful as the PS4.

post #650 of 1029
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASillyUsername View Post
 

 

Wii U's GPU has 16 TMU at 550MHz which is a lot better than the Xbox360's GPU by about a 50% improvement.

Wii U's CPU is only a slight 20% weaker than the XboxOne.

Wii U offers exclusives found on no other gaming system.

Wii U has innovative design with complete backwards compatibility to the Wii.

Wii U is $100.00 cheaper than a PS4 and $200 cheaper than an XboxOne.

Wii U is more compact than the PS4 and XboxOne.

The Wii U comes with the option (not all games) to be played off screen and on the tablet alone.

When I compare my Wii U to the older Xbox360 and PS3 the first thing I notice is: The WiiU is actually fun to play, so why would I bother wasting my money on an XboxOne or PS4?

Obviously these are not the only facts about the WiiU but it should be more than enough to uphold the WiiU as a current-gen console and IMO a better buy than the XboxOne or PS4.

It is ultimately significantly weaker than the PS4 [and to a certain extent, XONE]

The exclusives were also hard to find until recently.

I am not into Nintendo though and I never was but it would be worth a consideration if I were choosing between the One and the U

For me though, it's a PS4.

 

You enjoy whatever floats your boat :]

post #651 of 1029
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
 

 

My statement was that the PS4 and 360 do qualify as next gen. I don't care how long you have to wait for something. The fact that the features of these consoles do not exist in the market today, means they qualify under that designation.

 

As for what I quoted from you above, there is nothing from a technical perspective that keeps the Wii U from being capable of being a hardcore gaming system. However outside of one or two releases of games, it's just not. It's a Nintendo system that will have a tom of crapware, a few 3rd party titles worth owning, and all the Nintendo IP's that people buy the console for. It will follow in the Wii''s footsteps.

 

Oh, and just to clear up something you said... The Wii U has 2 Gig of GDDR3 vs 8 Gig GDDR5. It's GPU performance is 0.352 TFLOP's vs 1.84 TFLOP's of the PS4. The Wii U is not remotely as powerful as the PS4.

 

You said 360 but I know you meant One.

 

Your argument suggests that the features of the XboxOne and PS4 are 'unique' and not in the market today, quite frankly I'd have to argue the opposite. I'm not impressed by the PS4 or the XboxOne, the PS4 just looks like another PC to me and the XboxOne isn't to my taste. This isn't to say the systems are worse or better, IMO the three of them diverged in their console development and there really isn't a "better" than the other console, they're all different from each other.

 

*I realized my information on the Wii U specs were incorrect and opted to remove it from my previous post. It's hard to find correct specs since nothing has been released from Nintendo and anything online comes with a certain amount of "trust" in the spec information.

post #652 of 1029
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

It is ultimately significantly weaker than the PS4 [and to a certain extent, XONE]

The exclusives were also hard to find until recently.

I am not into Nintendo though and I never was but it would be worth a consideration if I were choosing between the One and the U

For me though, it's a PS4.

 

You enjoy whatever floats your boat :]


Buoyancy... Buoyancy floats my boat. ;)

I agree in the opposite fashion, I have never really been interested in Sony, but as a second console I'd probably choose the PS4 over the One.

For me though, it's a Wii U.

post #653 of 1029
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASillyUsername View Post
 


Buoyancy... Buoyancy floats my boat. ;)

I agree in the opposite fashion, I have never really been interested in Sony, but as a second console I'd probably choose the PS4 over the One.

For me though, it's a Wii U.

Sure. Games are about enjoyment, so keep enjoying your Wii U :D i'll keep enjoying my PS3/4

post #654 of 1029
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASillyUsername View Post

 

 

Your argument suggests that the features of the XboxOne and PS4 are 'unique' and not in the market today, quite frankly I'd have to argue the opposite.

 

The quality of the Kinect on the the One is unique, and the speed of the ram to the CPU in the PS4 is unique. However that's not really want I am saying. I am saying outside of those things, the hardware in these devices are at the same price point as the best hardware money can buy.

 

That makes them a next gen console. Why do you take issue with them being called as such?

post #655 of 1029
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASillyUsername View Post

I don't know if you ever read the specs on the Wii U, but your ignorance is certainly showing. You are really undermining its performance without any clear evidence. Part of the problem though is that Nintendo has not released any information on its hardware capabilities so I'm not really blaming you for that either.
Wii U offers exclusives found on no other gaming system.
Wii U has innovative design with complete backwards compatibility to the Wii.
Wii U is $100.00 cheaper than a PS4 and $200 cheaper than an XboxOne.
Wii U is more compact than the PS4 and XboxOne.
The Wii U comes with the option (not all games) to be played off screen and on the tablet alone.
When I compare my Wii U to the older Xbox360 and PS3 the first thing I notice is: The WiiU is actually fun to play, so why would I bother wasting my money on an XboxOne or PS4?
Obviously these are not the only facts about the WiiU but it should be more than enough to uphold the WiiU as a current-gen console and IMO a better buy than the XboxOne or PS4.

I am never one to dive into specs, my friend, so bash me all you want. I just play the damn game, and give my impressions based on that.

What I meant was, graphically, which gen does your precious Wii U compare to? But by all means, just enjoy your Wii U... and leave it at that.

As someone else said, I'll enjoy my PS4. I'm not the hardcore gamer I used to be, hence why I gave my nephew my PS3. He would get much more out of that baby then I will, plus he can take advantage of all the PS plus freebies still.

I just simply don't have the time anymore. And trying to make a debate over something so silly... well... forget it.

The Wii U is a wonderful system for what it uniquely offers. There...
Edited by Change is Good - 1/14/14 at 8:10pm
post #656 of 1029
Comparatively speaking, the Wii U's specs are barely any better than the 360/PS3, so while it may be new, it performs like last gen's consoles and is simply outclassed in every way, other than it's unique features.

It's running archaic architecture that even Microsoft and Sony have abandoned with the new gen.

So calling the Wii U last gen is completely understandable.

Hell, I heard it had problems running certain games as well as the PS3/360. COME ON.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/14/14 at 9:46pm
post #657 of 1029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Comparatively speaking, the Wii U's specs are barely any better than the 360/PS3, so while it may be new, it performs like last gen's consoles and is simply outclassed in every way, other than it's unique features.

It's running archaic architecture that even Microsoft and Sony have abandoned with the new gen.

So calling the Wii U last gen is completely understandable.

Hell, I heard it had problems running certain games as well as the PS3/360. COME ON.

It's actually 1.5x better than the 360/PS3, at least, on the GPU side...

 

too bad the cpu was not one of the main focuses on the wii U.

 

It's nowhere near the PS4 or Xbox one

 

They were the earlybirds in announcing a new console, but dang, the specs can't compete with today's technology.

 

A radeon 4670 vs the newest 7870?

 

Nope! Not even possible now. 


Edited by vlenbo - 1/14/14 at 10:14pm
post #658 of 1029
I mean in terms of games that all 3 'last gen' systems have. The Wii U has struggled to keep up with the PS3 and 360's version of games. Where's the improved specs here?

If it's much better.... it's clearly not showcasing it.

I'd put up the older Killzone 2, Heavy Rain, and Uncharted 3 next to any Wii U game... graphically, it won't even touch them.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/14/14 at 10:15pm
post #659 of 1029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

I mean in terms of games that all 3 'last gen' systems have. The Wii U has struggled to keep up with the PS3 and 360's version of games. Where's the improved specs here?

If it's much better.... it's clearly not showcasing it.

I'd put up the older Killzone 2 and Uncharted 3 next to any Wii U game... graphically, it won't even touch them.

Ohhh, got it, my mistake.

 

 

Edited mine as well, it's not much better, just a decent amount.

 

Now for that, even I am boggled by. My only suspicion is the coding, and that is usually the case with the PC gamers.

 

Just look at crysis 1, the dang coding has made it hard for our pcs to even run the game itself. That is not the case anymore, but it used to be when it was first released.

 

I'm not trying to bash anyone or the consoles, but I will have to say it is at least a bit better than the consoles that were on the market 2 years ago.

 

It's not worth the price when people could have waited for the ps4 and xbox one.

 

 

 

Most likely, the coding is the culprit. Though I can't say that the cpu should be ignored, as it could be the bottleneck for the Wii U. Even the developers complained that the CPU was not up to their expectations, and thus, making them release half-assed multiplats for the wii U.

 

 

The games that come out also play a factor, and that is where the 3 companies will make sales.

 

You aren't wrong though, I'm just trying to say that the wii U shouldn't be worse than the two consoles themselves. It should be better, but seeing the gpu they used, won't be THAT much better if their cpu is practically unusable to developers.

 

The Wii U isn't a terrible console. Unfortunately, it is one that won't meet a gamer's expectations when it comes to gameplay, as Madlust stated.

 

If the Wii U didn't get recognition in the poll, go blame nintendo for skimping on the cpu. Go get the developers for not optimizing the games to the cpu's sluggishness.

 

I, on the other hand, will wait untill the PS4 is fixed, drops in prices, and has awesome games like KH3.


Edited by vlenbo - 1/14/14 at 10:24pm
post #660 of 1029
Oh, not saying the Wii U is terrible. Nintendo has been it's own thing basically since the first Wii. It's not worse, just...different. If I were to own multiple consoles, I'd definitely have the Wii U, since it's clearly different from the others, and more likely to have exclusives that I'd play. The PS4/XB1 are essentially the same damn thing.

I'm still mad that I won't get to play Bayonetta 2. frown.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)