Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please) - Page 43

Poll Results: What would you buy the XBOX ONE or the PS4?

 
  • 15% (39)
    XBOX ONE
  • 72% (188)
    PS4
  • 12% (33)
    Neither
260 Total Votes  
post #631 of 1019

I got both on launch. Have played a total of like 3 hours since I got them. Really disappointing. I'm gonna try to sell my xbox; I just don't have time to play these as much as I was hoping to, and games aren't as fun for me anymore. Only when I absolutely have nothing to do for the next 8 hours will I play a game lol.

post #632 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyJr View Post
 

I got both on launch. Have played a total of like 3 hours since I got them. Really disappointing. I'm gonna try to sell my xbox; I just don't have time to play these as much as I was hoping to, and games aren't as fun for me anymore. Only when I absolutely have nothing to do for the next 8 hours will I play a game lol.

I feel the same way but since I have money to burn, I'll keep the Xbox One which is my least played console. Hopefully the exclusives start rolling in soon.

post #633 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by DADDYDC650 View Post
 

I feel the same way but since I have money to burn, I'll keep the Xbox One which is my least played console. Hopefully the exclusives start rolling in soon.

 

Yea, for a PC gamer the One is the least interesting proposition for me. In your case you have both consoles, so I expect the PS4 versions of cross platform games to be slightly better on the PS4. This means unless you have friends in XBox Live you want to play with, all cross platform games are going to be purchased for the Sony console.

 

This leaves the One for exclusives, however many of the exclusives on Microsoft's console, are going to be released on the PC as well. Titanfall being the biggest one.

post #634 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
 

Not really. To build an equivalent PC you will end up spending around the same amount.

 

That means it's right on par with current generation hardware. In some cases they are ahead. Where can you buy DDR5 ram for a PC? Where can you get a motion sensor on a PC as high quality as the ONE?

 

 


Not really. To build an equivalent PC you will end up spending more... In regards to the Wii U. It's 300 dollars and comes with a tablet I would trust in the hands of a 3 year old.

 

When it comes to RAM, there are a plethora of PC's that are better.

 

As far as a motion sensor goes... well... http://www.virtuix.com/


Edited by ASillyUsername - 1/11/14 at 10:29am
post #635 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

LOL

Maybe because they're a generation behind?!?

That's odd because I'm pretty sure the Wii U came out a year before the xbox one and ps4 so I'm questioning not only your use of the word 'generation' but also it's application to benefit your argument...

post #636 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASillyUsername View Post
 

 


Not really. To build an equivalent PC you will end up spending more... In regards to the Wii U. It's 300 dollars and comes with a tablet I would trust in the hands of a 3 year old.

 

When it comes to RAM, there are a plethora of PC's that are better.

 

As far as a motion sensor goes... well... http://www.virtuix.com/

 

Who cares about the Wii U? This is a hardcore gamer's thread :p.

 

As for the ram, I should have been more clear. The GDDR5 ram in the PS4 is also accessed by the CPU. I know of no PC with a CPU that has access to that fast of ram.

 

As for the Omni, that's pre-order, so thanks for proving my point :)

post #637 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post

 

Who cares about the Wii U? This is a hardcore gamer's thread :p.

 

Yup. No one here cares about puny casual games like Bayonetta 2. Only Battlefield 4 in its 900p glory and Call Of Duty Ghosts.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
:-P
post #638 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post
 

 

Yup. No one here cares about puny casual games like Bayonetta 2. Only Battlefield 4 in its 900p glory and Call Of Duty Ghosts.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
:-P

lol.

 

Well, of someone came up to me and said "I don't like cartoon style games, and I want a console to play FPS's, Spots games, and racing sims", would you even consider the Wii U as a recommendation?

 

I sure wouldn't.

post #639 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post

 

Well, of someone came up to me and said "I don't like cartoon style games, and I want a console to play FPS's, Spots games, and racing sims", would you even consider the Wii U as a recommendation?

 

I sure wouldn't.

 

Except sports games, I'd rather recomend him a PC then, anyway.

post #640 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post

lol.

Well, of someone came up to me and said "I don't like cartoon style games, and I want a console to play FPS's, Spots games, and racing sims", would you even consider the Wii U as a recommendation?

I sure wouldn't.

The Wii U does have the best version of Need for Speed Most Wanted and Madden 13. And Splinter Cell. And a great version of Assassin's Creed 4. But EA has basically dropped support for it. So it won't get new revisions of any of EA games unless they change their mind.

I think the Wii was everybody's second console. People had either Wii 60 or Wii-ess-three. The Wii U may end up in the same niche, though it needs a lot more good games and a price drop. Most people don't want to pay $299 for a second console.

It is a great console though. It is better technically than the 360 or PS3. It supports larger textures and does 1080p at 60 hz for every game so far, which the last gen seemed to have major issues with. Also, off TV Play is way cool.

But it's obviously not on par with the PS4 or XBox One. Like I said in my first post, I plan to eventually have a PS4 and also a Vita for off TV play.
Edited by barleyguy - 1/11/14 at 5:16pm
post #641 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by DADDYDC650 View Post
 

I feel the same way but since I have money to burn, I'll keep the Xbox One which is my least played console. Hopefully the exclusives start rolling in soon.

I debated for a while just keeping both, but ultimately went with selling the X1 as it's just going to make me lose more money with games (only ones im interested in are halo and titanfall), but also now that I'm in school I have no time to be making money other ways, so I need all the money I can get now lol. I regret getting either console. I don't have time to play any games at all now, probably not until summer. 

post #642 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASillyUsername View Post

That's odd because I'm pretty sure the Wii U came out a year before the xbox one and ps4 so I'm questioning not only your use of the word 'generation' but also it's application to benefit your argument...

Yes, the Wii U came out a year before the Xbox one and ps4... 6 years after the 360 and PS3.

But ask yourself this: Does the Wii U perform like the new gen consoles? Or old gen?

Deal with it, bud. Both with the fact of how I (and many other people) use the word 'generation' when dealing with electronics... and that Nintendo is basically behind by a "generation" when compared to other consoles.

*game over*
Edited by Change is Good - 1/11/14 at 7:17pm
post #643 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyJr View Post
 

I debated for a while just keeping both, but ultimately went with selling the X1 as it's just going to make me lose more money with games (only ones im interested in are halo and titanfall), but also now that I'm in school I have no time to be making money other ways, so I need all the money I can get now lol. I regret getting either console. I don't have time to play any games at all now, probably not until summer.

I'd sell my Xbox One but I don't want to  take a decent loss on it. I could maybe sell it for about $450 but that's an $80 loss since I paid about $30 in taxes. I might as well keep it since I know I'm going to want Halo and I'm sure some other games will come along that I'll want. I also have my PC to game on which is my favorite platform. Too many games and too little time. :mad:

post #644 of 1019

Do you ever have those times where you wish you were a mod because of how horrible a thread has become?

 

This is one of those times.

post #645 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleb View Post
 

Do you ever have those times where you wish you were a mod because of how horrible a thread has become?

 

This is one of those times.

 

Why? Still talking about the Xbox One, and the PS4. We just threw in some Wii U and PC gaming into the mix.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)