or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please) - Page 32

Poll Results: What would you buy the XBOX ONE or the PS4?

 
  • 16% (48)
    XBOX ONE
  • 70% (212)
    PS4
  • 13% (39)
    Neither
299 Total Votes  
post #466 of 1075
My internet is 30mbps and my ps4 is getting speeds of 22mbps as we speak after doing a connection test.
post #467 of 1075
My Internet has been **** lately as well. It was never that great wirh the ps3, and the ps4 avetages around 9mbps, at 1.5 upload. My general connection is in the mid 20s, but my upload is still around 2. Brighthouse for the phail.
post #468 of 1075

Yea, unfortunately we don't have many options in central Florida... but like I said mine is at 22mbps when I did a connection test. It's been pretty consistent, too. It was running much lower, however, until I called brighthouse and complained the night I got my PS4.

 

They did some reboots and everything's been dandy since...


Edited by Change is Good - 11/24/13 at 12:04am
post #469 of 1075
I'm gonna do the same then. I pay for the 2nd fastest internet, and I get crap speeds.
post #470 of 1075

I already called Time Warner about the issues and they also did some stuff on their end. Nothing helps. The only time it dipped like this was on the PS4 launch weekend.

post #471 of 1075

Personally if it was me, I would not get either. I would look into PC gaming.

 

When the PS3 and the 360 came out, the amount you would of had to spend on a gaming PC to meet the same specs was quite high. This time around, you can spend the same. In fact, PC gaming can be a lot less.

 

For around $550, you can create a gaming PC with the same capability as the consoles. However with that, you get online gaming for free, and depending on the video card you select, you get a few games for free. This makes the initial investment lower.

 

Aside from the initial investment, games themselves are also less on the PC. The big AAA titles cost the same, but on steam they have weekly sales that allow you to grow your gaming library for almost nothing.

 

 

 

Until some exclusive comes out that you NEED to play, there is no reason to buy a next gen console. The only console exclusive right now that everyone says is great, is Forza 5, and better racing games can be had on the PC.

post #472 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
 

Personally if it was me, I would not get either. I would look into PC gaming.

 

When the PS3 and the 360 came out, the amount you would of had to spend on a gaming PC to meet the same specs was quite high. This time around, you can spend the same. In fact, PC gaming can be a lot less.

 

For around $550, you can create a gaming PC with the same capability as the consoles. However with that, you get online gaming for free, and depending on the video card you select, you get a few games for free. This makes the initial investment lower.

 

Aside from the initial investment, games themselves are also less on the PC. The big AAA titles cost the same, but on steam they have weekly sales that allow you to grow your gaming library for almost nothing.

 

 

 

Until some exclusive comes out that you NEED to play, there is no reason to buy a next gen console. The only console exclusive right now that everyone says is great, is Forza 5, and better racing games can be had on the PC.

Everything you say is true, there is no arguing that. Kudos to someone who actually presents valid points, without swaying to fanboyism or "PC Master Race" claims.

That said, in my case at least, I'll be buying a PS4 sooner or later.

There are no games I need to play currently, first game I really want to play [and the time when I'll be buying a PS3 by] is Infamous: Second Son as I loved both previous Infamous games.

Then it's Uncharted 4 and all the other 1st party games yet to be announced :]

 

No XBone love here unfortunately, sorry :P

post #473 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post

 

 

No XBone love here unfortunately, sorry :P

 

If I could only have one thing to play games on, and it had to be a console, I would chose the PS4. However if someone was going to give me a console with my current lifestyle, I would take the Xbox One.

 

I have a high end gaming PC, a 360, and a PS3. Outside of GTA V, I have not played a game on a console in a year. However I use my PS3 every week. I use it for netflix, and Blue-ray disks. It has been a better console, because it does so much more then play games.

 

This time around they flipped it. The PS4 is without question a more capable gaming system. However the Xbox One does so many other things, that it's usefulness for me outside of gaming, makes it more desirable.

 

 

I have always had a gaming PC, have owned every play station, Xbox, Nintendo system (minus the Wii U), Sega system, 3DO, intellivision, colecovision, Atari, Pong.. I started gaming in 1975, and when a new thing came out I always wanted it.

 

This console release is the first time I don't really have a desire to own either.

post #474 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
 

 

If I could only have one thing to play games on, and it had to be a console, I would chose the PS4. However if someone was going to give me a console with my current lifestyle, I would take the Xbox One.

 

I have a high end gaming PC, a 360, and a PS3. Outside of GTA V, I have not played a game on a console in a year. However I use my PS3 every week. I use it for netflix, and Blue-ray disks. It has been a better console, because it does so much more then play games.

 

This time around they flipped it. The PS4 is without question a more capable gaming system. However the Xbox One does so many other things, that it's usefulness for me outside of gaming, makes it more desirable.

 

 

I have always had a gaming PC, have owned every play station, Xbox, Nintendo system (minus the Wii U), Sega system, 3DO, intellivision, colecovision, Atari, Pong.. I started gaming in 1975, and when a new thing came out I always wanted it.

 

This console release is the first time I don't really have a desire to own either.

 

"mumblemumble" halfofthestuffXbonedoesdon'tworkproperlyyet"mumblemumble" You were saying? :P

Seriously though? You have not played The Last Of Us?!

Y O U   totally   S H O  U L D ...

What suits you best, obviously ;]

post #475 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquerator2 View Post
 

 

"mumblemumble" halfofthestuffXbonedoesdon'tworkproperlyyet"mumblemumble" You were saying? :P

Seriously though? You have not played The Last Of Us?!

Y O U   totally   S H O  U L D ...

What suits you best, obviously ;]

 

Not into that level of violence. I don't mind killing hundreds of people in video games, but I don't like seeing half there face blown off with a shotgun. I hear it's an awesome game however.

post #476 of 1075

Very happy that a TON of head fi'rs went with the PS4... shame on Mircosoft, the X Box One seems like a failure imo... it costs more than the PS4 and it's got all those... issues with it... either way, It's a shame... I hope it get's some sales... but I'd rather have Mircosoft start porting all of their X Box Franchise games to PC [assuming the X Box Does really bad this season]

 

Non the less, I actually want a PS3! I've been wanting one for a WHILE now, so I'm super glad to see it's come down in price! Hoping by just after Christmas 

post #477 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
 

 

If I could only have one thing to play games on, and it had to be a console, I would chose the PS4. However if someone was going to give me a console with my current lifestyle, I would take the Xbox One.

 

I have a high end gaming PC, a 360, and a PS3. Outside of GTA V, I have not played a game on a console in a year. However I use my PS3 every week. I use it for netflix, and Blue-ray disks. It has been a better console, because it does so much more then play games.

 

This time around they flipped it. The PS4 is without question a more capable gaming system. However the Xbox One does so many other things, that it's usefulness for me outside of gaming, makes it more desirable.

 

 

I have always had a gaming PC, have owned every play station, Xbox, Nintendo system (minus the Wii U), Sega system, 3DO, intellivision, colecovision, Atari, Pong.. I started gaming in 1975, and when a new thing came out I always wanted it.

 

This console release is the first time I don't really have a desire to own either.

You must remember the days of the spectrum Amstrad and commodore 64 when you had to pray for the games to load in!

post #478 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
 

 

If I could only have one thing to play games on, and it had to be a console, I would chose the PS4. However if someone was going to give me a console with my current lifestyle, I would take the Xbox One.

 

I have a high end gaming PC, a 360, and a PS3. Outside of GTA V, I have not played a game on a console in a year. However I use my PS3 every week. I use it for netflix, and Blue-ray disks. It has been a better console, because it does so much more then play games.

 

This time around they flipped it. The PS4 is without question a more capable gaming system. However the Xbox One does so many other things, that it's usefulness for me outside of gaming, makes it more desirable.

 

 

I have always had a gaming PC, have owned every play station, Xbox, Nintendo system (minus the Wii U), Sega system, 3DO, intellivision, colecovision, Atari, Pong.. I started gaming in 1975, and when a new thing came out I always wanted it.

 

This console release is the first time I don't really have a desire to own either.

You know that is good to hear! At the end of my Wii U's life it was a multi porupose device!  I used it for Net Flixs as well, I'm happy to hear the PS3 maintains a lot of that funcionality, and good to hear the X Box One is take a more multi Functionality Route over the PS4 

post #479 of 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
 

 

Not into that level of violence. I don't mind killing hundreds of people in video games, but I don't like seeing half there face blown off with a shotgun. I hear it's an awesome game however.

I never did that... It was in the trailer but not in the game.

I am not into brutality either and I don't think this game is nearly as brutal as you think it is.

You should at least try the demo :]

post #480 of 1075
Mshenay, I might be selling my ps3 and a bunch of games soon. It's a second gen ps3 with a 500gb hard drive that I put in myself. PM me and we can work something out if interested wink.gif
Edited by Change is Good - 11/25/13 at 11:44am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)