Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please) - Page 23

Poll Results: What would you buy the XBOX ONE or the PS4?

 
  • 15% (39)
    XBOX ONE
  • 72% (188)
    PS4
  • 12% (33)
    Neither
260 Total Votes  
post #331 of 1019
Here's an update on the Index Holdings bankruptcy...

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/02/report-sega-sammy-interested-in-bidding-for-atlus-parent-company/

Sega Sammy being among the bidders isn't a surprise. I wonder if we'll get some less expected bidders like during the THQ bankruptcy.
post #332 of 1019
Quote:
All my opinion of course.

I'm pretty sure that's all fact, actually.

 

 

Quote:
Here's an update on the Index Holdings bankruptcy...

I want to know the rest of the companies!

post #333 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post

 

Some, yes. I tried the main stream ones and got bored. I still love Half-Life, and will play 3 if it ever comes out. I've been meaning to try ME series. But that is about it. I do occasionally play ARMA with friends. but those are far from my every day games. I have a stack of RPGs and platformers that I play far more regularly. 


Yeah for a while FPS was my main genre. Halo and COD and what not. Then I got bored with them and stopped being interested in video games. But it turns out there are other genres out there and now I'm happy once again

post #334 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyRedTabby View Post


Yeah for a while FPS was my main genre. Halo and COD and what not. Then I got bored with them and stopped being interested in video games. But it turns out there are other genres out there and now I'm happy once again

0_0 wow!
post #335 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalidePisces View Post

Atlus is a big name in the East, much more so than in the West. I don't think the big Western publishing companies (EA, Activision-Blizzard, etc.) would be that interested, especially since Atlus' major works don't resonate as well to mainstream Western audiences. Atlus will likely be bought by a Japanese company (Sony, Nintendo, Namco Bandai, etc.) or at the very least an Asian company (GungHo Online Entertainment).


Apparently Sega is seeking to buy Atlus. Sonic the Hedgehog confirmed as P5 protagonist.

post #336 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyRedTabby View Post


Apparently Sega is seeking to buy Atlus. Sonic the Hedgehog confirmed as P5 protagonist.


pl....please dont joke like that.

post #337 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrow View Post
 


pl....please dont joke like that.

 

 

I... I'm so sorry....

I wonder what this will mean for Atlus... Sega, of all companies... So, with sega's partnership with Nintendo and all, might it come to the wii U? Some of the comments are suggesting their games won't be localized anymore. That's a scary thought.

 

 

Has anyone changed their mind about the console they care for more? I'd like to see if anyone's opinion has managed to change.


Edited by daleb - 9/17/13 at 11:03pm
post #338 of 1019

I prefer PS4 because I can take it anywhere unlike 360 I can play only when I am in house.

post #339 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleb View Post
 

 

I... I'm so sorry....

I wonder what this will mean for Atlus... Sega, of all companies... So, with sega's partnership with Nintendo and all, might it come to the wii U? Some of the comments are suggesting their games won't be localized anymore. That's a scary thought.

 

 

Has anyone changed their mind about the console they care for more? I'd like to see if anyone's opinion has managed to change.

 

Honestly I'm not too worried about localization mainly because Atlus USA is a part of the deal. So as long as that doesn't get shut down, it should be theoretically fine. In fact it might aide other localizations of Sega games, so hopefully another Valkiria Chronicles 3 won't happen. But this is all conjecture. I'm willing to give Sega a shot. They aren't a bad company and there are far worse that could have won. 

 

And no, I'm still gunning for PS4 over the XBone. Still don't like being watched. 

post #340 of 1019
I'm into JRPGs and FPS games. Does that make me weird? I'm as likely to buy a new CoD as much as a new Final Fantasy. One for quick pick up and play, the other when I wanna immerse myself, and play for hours on end.

They're basically the only two types of games I would pay full value for. Everything else I rent or wait until they're heabily discounted, like on Steam.

As for which system. I'm mostly going for PS4 because they get JRPGs and better exclusives for my taste. I'd love to own an XBOne, but this time around, I'm not gonna spend money on consoles I'll rarely touch. This gen, it makes sense to get whiever has the better exclusives for you, since 3rd party games are gonna be pretty on par regardless of which system you get. Last gen, most 3rd party games looked and played better on the 360, due to it being the lead system.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 9/18/13 at 1:26pm
post #341 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by seo24 View Post
 

I prefer PS4 because I can take it anywhere unlike 360 I can play only when I am in house.

 

Oh you haven´t been updated on what happened the last two months or so. MS has done a 180 on pretty much everything. They will work the same drm wise. To start with anyway it appears.

post #342 of 1019
I believe hes referring to being able to access your ps4 and most games from the PSVita from anywhere as long as you have a good internet connection.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 9/18/13 at 4:18pm
post #343 of 1019

Im an xbox 360 fan. I originally pre-ordered a xBone (That's what I call it), then I cancelled and found a pre-order for PS4 last week at my local Wal Mart. I think I'm going to get Killzone and maybe COD and take it from there. I wish they just removed the Kinect and lowered it $100, they would be a lot more competitive that way, even if they still sell like crazy. I'm also pissed that UK buyers can get Fifa 14 or Forza with pre-order. US customers get nothing, that isn't right. 

 

Whatever happens, I will eventually get an xBone for Halo, Forza, maybe Destiny, and Titanfall. MMMMMMM Titanfall. I never had a PS3 so I hope I'm making the right choice from the start.

post #344 of 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by jronan2 View Post
 

Im an xbox 360 fan. I originally pre-ordered a xBone (That's what I call it), then I cancelled and found a pre-order for PS4 last week at my local Wal Mart. I think I'm going to get Killzone and maybe COD and take it from there. I wish they just removed the Kinect and lowered it $100, they would be a lot more competitive that way, even if they still sell like crazy. I'm also pissed that UK buyers can get Fifa 14 or Forza with pre-order. US customers get nothing, that isn't right. 

 

Whatever happens, I will eventually get an xBone for Halo, Forza, maybe Destiny, and Titanfall. MMMMMMM Titanfall. I never had a PS3 so I hope I'm making the right choice from the start.

I'd like to ask, does the Xbox have at least a good games that aren't fps? The only game I've really heard of that I'd like on the xbox is Lost Odyssey. Really, the xbox feels like a shooter-only console.

post #345 of 1019
Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean: The Last Hope (for awhile, it wasn't on the ps3).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)