or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please) - Page 70

Poll Results: What would you buy the XBOX ONE or the PS4?

 
  • 15% (43)
    XBOX ONE
  • 71% (201)
    PS4
  • 13% (37)
    Neither
281 Total Votes  
post #1036 of 1048

I own both, and lately I've been wondering why. There are more and more console games getting ported to PC nowadays I might as well sell them both. If I had to choose, I would pick PS4 because Sony has actually put out exclusives I care about. PS3 had so many great exclusives and new IP's that if PS4 can have half as many it will be worth owning. The Microsoft exclusives that I actually care about seem few and far between. I used to play halo 1+2 somewhat competitively and they are still probably my most played games but I just don't like the direction of the new ones, the only other exclusive of theirs I like is Forza but there are plently of other options for racing sims.

 

TL;DR 

 

PC>>>>PS4>Xbone (IMO)

post #1037 of 1048

At the end of the day I don't think it matters that much. Don't misunderstand me here, your point is valid but graphics shouldn't count for that much. It should be more about the game itself (story, gameplay mechanics.. etc) Xbox could easily overcome it's hardware deficiency by coming out with great exclusives. In this day and age though its so risky for companies to put a lot of money in developing a game and only have it come out on one console. I think we are going to see the cross platform trend continue and become even more prevalent in the current and future generations. 

post #1038 of 1048

That happened because PS4 started out cheaper. It's also do to the fact that from the beginning Sony was focusing more on the games while Microsoft was busy showing off its "entertainment console". The exact same thing happened in reverse last console gen. It's the same reason 360 outsold PS3.

post #1039 of 1048

So far neither. PC is superior in every single way so the only thing that make me buy consoles is if there is any exclusives I really want to play. Performance really doesn´t matter. Wii had better exclusives then PS 3 and Xbox 360.

post #1040 of 1048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head-Fi User972 View Post


PC is a joke. Sure there's more options,but 90% of them pirate their games and I Definitely do not support that.

That's not even remotely related to the argument, people pirate console games too.

post #1041 of 1048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head-Fi User972 View Post


PC is a joke. Sure there's more options,but 90% of them pirate their games and I Definitely do not support that.

 

Really...? Have you seen the Steam community? Not everything is about pirating. And Steam with it's constant barrage of sales has probably done more to stop pirating than anything else. People who want to pirate will pirate. 

post #1042 of 1048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head-Fi User972 View Post
 
PC is a joke. Sure there's more options,but 90% of them pirate their games and I Definitely do not support that.

You clearly aren't a PC gamer. :rolleyes:

post #1043 of 1048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head-Fi User972 View Post


Proud console gamer ever since the Sega wink.gif

 

That's ironic since pirating is what killed Sega with the Dreamcast. 

post #1044 of 1048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head-Fi User972 View Post


Can't wait for PC gaming to die off then. Considering 90% of game sales are on console I could see some developers ditching bad PC ports. Cause that's all you get. Bad ports.

 

You really have no idea what you are talking about. Steam is a HUGE business. And PC sales have started eclipsing Console sales within the few years, last year they officially overtook console sales on a global scale. Steam alone has a multibillion dollar revenue (and that is without full disclosure since Valve is a privately owned and operated company), and most PC gamers I know use that rather than torrents. Why? Because it is cheap and legal, and it allows them to hop computers easily. I still like console gaming, but to even suggest that developers are ditching PC for console is ridiculous. Know how you can tell that is BS? Just look at the architectures of PS4 and XBone. They use PC architecture, because Devs find it easier to develop for that than the myriad of different setups that consoles used to have. PC Sales are on the rise and console is actually on the decline (comparatively speaking). 


http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/analyst-pc-gaming-now-brings-in-more-money-than-console-gaming/

http://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/YAKms/2005-2012-pc-vs-console-gaming-population-growth-rates

post #1045 of 1048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head-Fi User972 View Post


Can't wait for PC gaming to die off then. Considering 90% of game sales are on console I could see some developers ditching bad PC ports. Cause that's all you get. Bad ports.

Not only are you being hateful for no reason, you are also completely misinformed :blink:

post #1046 of 1048

I would choose PS4, in fact, mine is arriving tomorrow :)  2nd hand martket makes a bid difference and some exclusives games plus a most powerful harware takes away microsoft this gen.

post #1047 of 1048

Do not buy it from ebay there are scammers everywhere :S

post #1048 of 1048
Hey guys, I've been streaming a lot, as of late, and will be continuing to do so. I could use the extra support, especially from my fellow head-fiers. So, please click the Twitch link on my signature and follow my channel! smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like comments please)